So guys, The Hell 2.

I was going through some random junk and found my old Diablo. I popped it in and proceeded to slay some stuff for a bit. I got bored pretty quickly.

It got me wondering about mods, since Median XL just massively expands on and improves Diablo 2. I found out about The Hell 2. It's so crazy, it adds tons of content and QoL, and there's 29 classes, and a Fallout style perk sstem. It's being actively worked on right now.

I gave it a short test last night before passing out. I made a Saboteur and was running around throwing poison flasks at skeletons, it was neat. If any of you guys have interest in playing s whole new Diablo I definitely recommend giving this a try.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-the-hell-2

Be warned, this is a beta, I didn't experience any bugs, but holy shit some of the UI is just hideous.

Edit: It was a Bombadier, not Saboteur.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Jul 15, 2019, 7:11:52 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2019, 12:09:58 PM
Soooooooo its only official page is the patreon and to check the change logs you need to drop 5 dollars. I am not saying anything shady is going on here, its simply inconvenient. If I wanted to check Median out there is so much information readily available for free.

EDIT

Ok found it, had to search a bit harder

http://thehellmod.ucoz.ru/Downloads/TH2ChangesLog.txt
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 15, 2019, 6:55:52 PM
I actually tried it. My suggestion - do not play this. It has one of the most infuriating combat systems in an ARPG and it has nothing to do with the game being old.

Here is how it goes - once monsters see you you are in battle. The number is shown. Thing is they don't charge you, oh no, they loiter around and do nothing. I can move from the place I found them to the exit and it still shows that I am in battle even though nobody is coming for me. The kicker? You cant go to town or save while in battle. You have to personally go back and kill them. This is incomprehensible, I cant believe such a bad combat system was designed. I step one square, suddenly 27 monsters. I get back because I cant take them on. I cant see shit because everything is dark. The number goes from 20 to 4 to 8 seemingly at random. Nothing comes for me. I walk around like an idiot trying to pick of stragglers wasting my time.

It is horrible. Instead of an indicator the "in battle" indicator makes everything excruciating. A shame they work so hard to add content when the basics are completely broken.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 16, 2019, 7:31:37 AM
It definitely seems like something was up, either a bug with the game, or it didn't work with your system well. I gave it a good run yesterday. Every battle I got in all the enemies were rushing me, except for zombies, since they're slow. And battles would end as soon as I got about a screen away from them.

I agree not being able to move floors while in battle is stupid though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
This guy wasted like 15 minutes walking through the whole level trying to find 1 monster, lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1PGqp-9hA

I am surprised something like this made its way there. Thought mods were supposed to improve on old games, not make them more frustrating.
Lol, at 4 minutes from turning the game on he gets rushed by skeletons, then is consistently killing after that.
Very ambitious. Will keep an eye on this one.
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info