I´m at a loss (Build, Mechanics)

So first up I want to give you some of my stats and then ask the actual question.

As far as my defence goes it´s all maxed out.
Elemental and chaos resistance is at 75%-76%, physical is at 90% and my chance to block all damage types is 81%-82%.

My dps (using Shield Charge) in battle goes from 80.000 to 200.000 in crowded situations.

My HP are 3000.

The Question:

Now usually I can easily bring down bosses and large crowds without even moving because they either don´t hit me or I gain too much life back. Not even the energy-shield does go down and if it does my life bar just stays full.

But from time to time I either get oneshot or my hp are completly gone in less than 2 seconds without anything indicating why. I noticed that for whatever reason Ice Projectiles seem to really wreck me up but I don´t see why that is.

So are my hp too low? Is there some damage type or debuff that you should be immune to for that not to happen?
What am I doing wrong?

Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks!

PS: English is not my native language.
Last bumped on Jul 15, 2019, 7:32:36 PM
Is that your lvl 90 character? Yes, 3k hp is very low, need at least double that. You don't need 75 chaos res - anything above zero is more than enough. If you go to privacy setting you can unhide your characters tab to able to see your gear/tree to give better advice on what specifically you should change
No longer hidden.
you made a mistake. you cant compensate for low HP with defenses. Damage avoidance characters need at least 5k HP and mitigation/melee ones 6k. 75% resists are not considered a defense, these are mandatory. In most of the cases 75% chaos res is an overkill. You most likely dont have 90% phys damage reduction against big hits, this is very hard to achieve. You just underestimate the word "estimated" in phys reduction tooltip. This counts average monster damage and armour effectiveness is much lower against big hits (see wiki armour page for more details)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
so I´m at 4250HP now, but it doesn´t seem like it makes that much of a difference. How much armour is the average for a lvl 90 Meelechar?

Also, how do you get that much (6000) life? Gems, Equipment?
By not using bad uniques with no life and getting another 15-20% life on tree. Armor is not good, other that for molten shell, which you should be using (vaal version). Armor alone, unless stacked to very large amounts will not help with 1 shots, because the bigger the hit - the less effective armor is. Physical damage reduction is good and doesn't have diminishing return, but harder to get. Also your flasks are trash, it's like you don't have any. Need an instant divine life flask. You are doing block build and don't have Rumi's? Get utility flasks with bleed, curse and freeze removal. Shock immunity is nice on a flask if you can fit it.
Last edited by Nubatack on Jul 15, 2019, 6:47:34 PM
Does Rumi's increase max block chance? If not what´s the point exactly?

So overall, no matter what build you play you allways need as much life as possible?
Can you get more other stats from somewhere if you use rumi's? Maybe not, idk, i don't play block builds.
The point about getting more life is that you need to be able to take that big hit that you will eventually won't block. Block doesn't reduce how much damage you take, only how often you take it.
"
Does Rumi's increase max block chance? If not what´s the point exactly?

So overall, no matter what build you play you allways need as much life as possible?

You don´t need Rumi´s with Gladiator but your total block chance seems overkill (especially if you add conditional block chance from Glad ascendancy)
You can also get some extra block from gear or Tempest Shield (adds an extra 3% block) and invest points to life.

You still need decent amount of life vs one shots and DoT

I see you´re mixing gear (see empty slots) but you should link fortify to your attack for an extra mitigation (reduced hit damage by 20%).

Your flasks are crap (except Kiaras)

1 life flask should be enough with leech and the rest should be filled with utility flasks.

You need to deal with ailments (freeze, shock) and curses; Bleed has on boots.

Btw you have nice defense so use Molten Shell / Vaal molten shell for an extra mitigation.
Your tree would be more efficient - spending 4-5 points just to get some mana leech from the Essence Sap is not really worth taking.
(You can get mana leech on gloves or jewel)
What build are you playing btw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info