SSF cyclone on PS4?

Hi guys,

I am new to the game and normally don’t have much time.
Soon though, I’ll have 3 weeks to nerd all out on it.
So i want to play a char from beginning to end!

Actually I decided for a SRS Necro, just cause the written guide is so amazing.
But beeing an old Diablo 2 veteran, there is always something about whirling through mobs.

So out of interest:
Is it possible to play a SSF cyclone char on PS4?
Cause I read that trading on the PlayStation is a real hustle.

Thank you in advance :)
Sebastian
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2019, 7:58:46 AM
Hi!

Most builds are possible in SSF, with only a handfuld very specific builds being tough to obtain the right gear for.

Cyclone can definitely be done in SSF, if you take inspiration in the skilltree from a specific guide and don't worry about the uniques the build involves. I myself am levelling a Slayer as we speak based on gear I found on my previous character and haven't traded much, if at all, so far and I'm at tier 10-11 maps and have done Uber lab with little to no trouble.

The most important part is to have fun and Cyclone honestly feels awesome to use. So go for it! :)
Thanky you :)
I found this guide, that I really like: https://youtu.be/kuMBDDwWS2w
Guess I´ll take this as inspiration then and see how it goes.
"
Morbula84 wrote:
Thanky you :)
I found this guide, that I really like: https://youtu.be/kuMBDDwWS2w
Guess I´ll take this as inspiration then and see how it goes.

That's probably the best video build guide on youtube.
Oh man I might have to give this a try.

I have not played much melee at all.

Mostly I play Witch, for Arc and our zombie builds.

I got a Ed/ Contagion build going that I really like from Ghazzy.

But I always like re-rolling new builds so I will give this a try tonight I think.

Awesome - I just have time to try it out starting next Thursday.
So if you manage to give it a go till then let me know how it works :)

(I’m the thread opener - I just found out how to log in wirhvmy PlayStation account 🙈)
I was looking over the build again and again last night and been thinking about it.

https://youtu.be/kuMBDDwWS2w

The biggest draw back for this build is all the mana reserved for the auras and banners. Like he says we are going to be mana starved unless you can craft or buy the -4% mana cost rings.

Also it is a pain to re-activate all the auras and banners on xbox and PS4 after you die.

The other part of this build to keep the mana reservation down is the Enlighten gem. Not sure on PS4 but on xbox that gem is expensive and takes forever to level one up if you find one. (you have to make it 20% quality so that it gains the extra xp faster)
There are 2 different set of divination cards you might be able to buy to get this gem, Wealth and Power (11) gives a level 4 Enlighted, and The Enlighten card (6) gives you a level 3 Enlighten gem. Or you could get lucky and have one drop from and Monolith encounter or incubator

Another aspect of this build is that it does not start to get going properly until about level 40 when you can use most of the gems. So until then it is just use any skill you like until then.

Also do not click the monoliths while leveling just level up as fast as you can so you can get the main Cyclone set-up going.
Get a Tabula Rasa quality does not affect this Armour and also just get a regular one not one that is corrupted with an implicit unless you can afford it and the implicit is for this build. Should be around the 10 - 15c mark on xbox not sure what prices are like on PS4

All this being said. I will still give this a go. I got to level 7 last night and the monoliths slowed me down so much as I can't kill them fast so I am just going to skip them until I can fully equip my cyclone set-up on my Tabula.

Wow, that’s really detailed!
Thank you!

The thing is: I’m a noob in this game.
I played a char at lvl 23 end of act 2 so far, that’s it.
So I understand only half of what you say.
And I don’t have a tabula - I meant SSF when I wrote it ^^

That beeing sad, I got the chance to play yesterday a bit till lvl 16.
And it’s going okay so far.
Drinking mana pots like a thirsty horse.
Definetly will go to lvl 28 and try cyclone.
But I’m not completely sure if melee is my kind of thing.
The SRS necro, that i lvl parallel (lvl 21) seems just to feel better.
But maybe it’s because i haven’t reached cyclone yet.
"
Morb_84 wrote:
Wow, that’s really detailed!
Thank you!

The thing is: I’m a noob in this game.
I played a char at lvl 23 end of act 2 so far, that’s it.
So I understand only half of what you say.
And I don’t have a tabula - I meant SSF when I wrote it ^^

That beeing sad, I got the chance to play yesterday a bit till lvl 16.
And it’s going okay so far.
Drinking mana pots like a thirsty horse.
Definetly will go to lvl 28 and try cyclone.
But I’m not completely sure if melee is my kind of thing.
The SRS necro, that i lvl parallel (lvl 21) seems just to feel better.
But maybe it’s because i haven’t reached cyclone yet.

I have been playing on xbox since it launched.

I hear you on the melee thing, not sure if it is my cup of tea either.
I have tried a few builds and always find the melee builds to be clunky.
But I am hoping that this build can change my mind also with the melee skill buffs they did maybe I will find one i like.

Tabula Rasa is a Armour piece (Simple Robe) in the trade market that is 6l with all white sockets.
Means you can put any gem colors in it.
Great for leveling hell a Tabula Rasa can take you into yellow maps easy enough.
This Armour like I said is about 10c and or can be farm in Act 9 with Humility cards when you get there.
There is a new card called Vanity that gives you a corrupted version of the Tabula Rasa.
You can also try and get the Cleanser of Sins prophecy and get it from that.

I am level 12 now, as this is my second character my main is ED/ Contagion level 83 and man is that some fun with legions.
I am using dual strike currently with some cleave but I think I will switch to Lacerate now. But I am still undecided.

Again I tried a few Legion encounters but man it is so slow at this low level.

PM me if you have any general questions about the game.

cyclone is pretty easy for ssf,
"
this guy got to lvl 100 ssf so should be good to look at.
If you play trade league, facebreaker gladiator is very safe and easy to lvl, you dont get the aoe like slayer but otherwise its great.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/AceFromD3/MachetePrime?i=1&search=item%3DFacebreaker
im lvl 95 with this nearly 96 if you have any?s feel free to ask.
Last edited by Fhark on Jul 13, 2019, 2:50:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info