Stopping Lag idea

Suggestion, if anyone has played ESO in the past and done trials heavily you probably are aware some people make you turn off your pets in the trial because it causes lag. I havnt played in a few years so I'm not sure if this is still the case. What I'm getting at is try turning off your MTX effects for those of you lagging really bad and see if that fixes the issue. If not disregard but its deff worth a try.
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2019, 8:05:11 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere in these posts, but for XBOX users remember to disable game captures. This can be done by pressing the guide button then RB twice for the the broadcast panel, then down 3 times on the d-pad to select advanced settings. Once the next screen pops make sure you have UNCHECKED "allow game captures". This will prevent you from being able to screenshot or record anything but will help a noticable amount if your still using the stock hard drive that came with your xbox.

If you do have an SSD I'd still suggest that you disable the game capture function unless you have the captures being saved on an alternate drive. Important to remember that SSDs should not be repeatedly written to for tasks like caching, page filing or recording, as they have a finite amount of writes to a memory block before they more or less wear out. There is no reason to fear you'd ever come close to this ammount by any normal usage of the drive, but non-stop recording to the device hours on end is not suggested.

For those who are not informed, it's highly recommended that you look into an SSD. The drives they ship with these Xboxs are 5400rpms which was slow for 1999. No joke
Last edited by scrylite on Jul 11, 2019, 1:38:18 PM
Do uk if this works on ps4 capture thing too?
I don't own a PlayStation but if your system has a capture ability that allows you to "RECORD" an event of game play that has already happened, then YES. The xbox for whatever reason felt it was necessary to always be capturing so that you can always save something that happened even if you didn't plan for it too or expect it. I do believe the PlayStations however have hybrid hard drives which are more or less a combination of an SSD and rotary drive so performance gains would be dependent on where Sony allocates that too. Either way as I mentioned above it's wear and tear on the drives that is taxing CPU cycles. So I'd disable it if you don't care about recording events ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info