[3.8] "The Boys' Impale Stacking Berserker" [all content - starter - hc viable]

Hey,

Love the build.

I am curious though which Pantheons you reccomend?

Thanks

EDIT: I have just found a previous reply.
Last edited by Darksorrow90 on Jul 28, 2019, 12:25:18 PM
I've taken a peek at the changes in 3.8, and have updated the pob links accordingly, hope everyone has a good starting experience for 3.8! good luck exiles!
bandits?
liking the build a lot, pretty much smashing everything and have died like 2 times from lag all the way up to 88.

Question tho: How are you able to use grace with the other two heralds, precision, and flesh and stone active? I don't get this.
"
PulseLoss wrote:
bandits?
Alira :)

"
MadStylez wrote:
liking the build a lot, pretty much smashing everything and have died like 2 times from lag all the way up to 88.

Question tho: How are you able to use grace with the other two heralds, precision, and flesh and stone active? I don't get this.

We don't actually run grace, we just use vaal grace attached to the inc duration, It really made a world of difference in T16 legion encounters lol, but I also just like to have a panic button on most of my builds to help me get out of rough situations from playing dumb.

Glad you're enjoying it, always love to hear that!
So i'm thinking about giving this a go as a starter build.But i got some questions:
-What about the fact that we no longer have "chance to deal double" through the rage node, does that affect our endgame damage a lot or not?
-Does the multistrike change hurt us a lot would it be worth to use something else like a "close combat support" in its place?
Last edited by Fallen_Enforcer on Sep 12, 2019, 8:42:42 PM
"
So i'm thinking about giving this a go as a starter build.But i got a question: what about the fact that we no longer have "chance to deal double" through the rage node, does that affect our endgame damage a lot or not?

When I updated the tree, with the ascendancy changes, I found out we actually get MORE damage out of the changes, despite losing the chance to deal double/triple damage, so as long as you're using a paradoxica (always dealing double damage with your main hand), the ascendancy changes actually favor you.

Edit: I should also add, the only true nerf we encountered with the 3.8 update was the removal of the strength node clusters in the bottom left of the tree, where we could place transcendent flesh for an absurd dmg increase, so between the ascendancy buff for us, and the strength node cluster nerf, we have roughly the same end-game damage, give or take a few thousand dps,

for example: my 3.7 version of the tree, on the pure single target setup, we bring in 6.93m shaper dps, whereas on the 3.8 tree (ascendancy changes and no transcendent flesh), we bring 6.98m shaper dps to the table on the same gear and link setup.

Edit 2: To respond to your second note, the multistrike changes aren't too bad, I would say ggg achieved what they were trying to do, which was removing a lot of the back-end damage of multistrike, to balance it out so even if you don't complete a full attack cycle, you're still getting increased dps, but at the same time they didn't want to gimp players who do complete a full attack cycle.

With the multistrike changes, our damage should be roughly the same, the only real difference is the dps should feel more balanced rather than large burst spikes from that 99% inc on completing the full cycle, like we had in 3.7

Edit 3:

Just double checked the dps, switching to close combat on our single target would cost us around 1.6m shaper dps, so I would heavily suggest sticking to multistrike
Last edited by vobruh on Sep 12, 2019, 8:56:34 PM
how does the build perform in blighted maps? I am about to reroll to something else after getting enough of heavy strike shenanigans, thinking about rerolling either frostblades zerker or this one and I am wondering which one will be faster.
"
vobruh wrote:

First priorities for us is to hit the large sword cluster on the left side of the tree as well as the 2 impale clusters in the lower left corner of the tree. As well as that, we want to fill out the scion health nodes. Once you've reached mapping you should have the scion health nodes, the impale nodes, the large sword cluster on the left side of the tree, herbalism (10% inc life on the right side of the tree), and be working on finishing up the large sword cluster next to herbalism.

Sorry, it's probably a very noob question coming, but why not to take an ambidexterity (4 points away from existing path) instead of smth else like herbalism? 50% damage vs ~20% life.

P.S.
It's my firt time in PoE and I am doing my own first build, I find double strike a perfect skill to build a build around (honestly, I am 43 lvl at the start of the 4th act and have only 10 tree skills invested =)))) that's how effective double strike is). So, having decided it's a time to finally decide where to invest I targeted a dual wielding (so do you) and since I am a simple person, started pursuing the only double wielding node in the tree.

P.P.S
Finally found my limit. Piety, the Abomination. 46 lvl, 40 unassigned skills.
"
kurwokwas wrote:
how does the build perform in blighted maps? I am about to reroll to something else after getting enough of heavy strike shenanigans, thinking about rerolling either frostblades zerker or this one and I am wondering which one will be faster.

I can't comment on the performance of blighted maps, as I haven't built my double strike zerker this league, but I imagine it should be okay, the only issue I potentially see are annoying proximity shields, but hopefully that shouldn't really be an issue, since with the new update ggg is limiting proximity shields per 1, in radius, so proximity shields can't overlap, so at maximum a pack will have one shield.

I also can't remember who it was, but someone made a really killer frost blades zerker last league, I'll be completely transparent and say, frost blades will have better clear speed, while double strike will have a larger, easier to scale damage ceiling. I will also warn you, if you do go frost blades, impale won't be your best damage scaling option, since impale stacks off phys damage and not elemental.

"
"
vobruh wrote:

First priorities for us is to hit the large sword cluster on the left side of the tree as well as the 2 impale clusters in the lower left corner of the tree. As well as that, we want to fill out the scion health nodes. Once you've reached mapping you should have the scion health nodes, the impale nodes, the large sword cluster on the left side of the tree, herbalism (10% inc life on the right side of the tree), and be working on finishing up the large sword cluster next to herbalism.

Sorry, it's probably a very noob question coming, but why not to take an ambidexterity (4 points away from existing path) instead of smth else like herbalism? 50% damage vs ~20% life.

P.S.
It's my firt time in PoE and I am doing my own first build, I find double strike a perfect skill to build a build around (honestly, I am 43 lvl at the start of the 4th act and have only 10 tree skills invested =)))) that's how effective double strike is). So, having decided it's a time to finally decide where to invest I targeted a dual wielding (so do you) and since I am a simple person, started pursuing the only double wielding node in the tree.

P.P.S
Finally found my limit. Piety, the Abomination. 46 lvl, 40 unassigned skills.

Glad you're enjoying your time with poe! always happy to see new players enjoying their experience :)

This build is pretty heavily min-maxed with the gear we have, part of the reason we go for herbalism is to prevent one-hit deaths in late end-game mapping, You can absolutely go for ambidexterity, however I wouldn't recommend getting rid of herbalism, unless you feel comfortable with your health pool at the moment, instead, I would recommend swapping the 4 nodes from the top half of the sword cluster on the right side of the tree in the ranger area for the 4 nodes leading to and including ambidexterity. You will lose some attack speed and 4% chance to block attack damage, but you will gain around 85,000 more damage by the time you finish the tree.

Happy hunting, exile :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info