Thread closed issue solved.

although I do know I have been queued in empty towns and have entered 1v1 matches. It may just be bugged or not working properly....because I have had some problems for sure.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
There are absolutely no issues with different town instances, its only about 2 things:

1.) If one person play on Default and the other one on Hardcore, they won't be able to pvp each other, unless the guy playing on Hardcore suicides and then tries again.

2.) If you are on different gateways, for example Europe or American. You have to be on the same gateway in order to get matched against each other. You can always change your gateway by clicking "exit to login screen" and changing the gateway, that you are logging into.

PS.: currently there is no reason for playing pvp on hc instead of default. There is no option for perma death yet or anything hc only special like. Its simply way more waiting time to get a match started. I've been playing hc before, but I decided to play pvp on default because its way easier to get matches started.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Mar 16, 2013, 6:12:34 AM
"
Apokalyxio wrote:
PS.: currently there is no reason for playing pvp on hc instead of default.

No reason for you, perhaps, but others of us have enough reason.

The vast majority of my currency and time spent is in HC. My good items are therefore in HC. Why would I suicide and take amazing items out of HC just to PvP in Default?

Items are harder to come by and keep in HC (at least for most people) so, to me, having an amazing PvP build in Hardcore means just that little bit more.

That said, I have absolutely nothing against people who play in Default and I do play there occasionally. I just don't find it nearly as exciting and would prefer to PvP in my native HC.

If there was permadeath in HC PvP Arenas, I wouldn't be in it. That is not why I PvP in HC. (I would, however, play in a permadeath cut-throat league.)
"
Durentis wrote:
Items are harder to come by and keep in HC (at least for most people) so, to me, having an amazing PvP build in Hardcore means just that little bit more.

That said, I have absolutely nothing against people who play in Default and I do play there occasionally. I just don't find it nearly as exciting and would prefer to PvP in my native HC.

I absolutley understand that aspect, but for playing pvp I'm more interested in the aspect of skill, theorycrafting about builds, having competitive matches. Its definitely a little bit more difficult to get certain items in hc, compared to default, but as a matter of fact you can also just go and farm cruel ledge (which gives you pretty much the perfect ilvl for lvl 28 pvp items).

I definitely like finding good items, and knowing that they have a certain value, but in the end for pvp its not too much about the items for me. You have to get your equip to a certain lvl in order to play pvp seriously, thats clear but once you got that, its just about enjoying pvp matches, theorycrafting how to beat certain builds, make new strong / unique builds, try them out and most important: enjoy. :)

And I just feel, that I can do that easier and more efficiently on default. I was playing hc normally with my lvl 77 till I died (against 2x Alira Corpse Explosion), and I definitely enjoyed playing hc, and it is totally different than playing on default, thats absolutely true. I didn't lvl anymore with my lvl 77 after dying on hc, and once I get some more time, I will lvl up a new char at hc, but for now I just enjoy playing a few pvp matches every day, without having to wait very long. I just think, that the difference between hc and default doesn't really apply for lvl 28 PvP.
I take it all back. Thread closed. It working perfect now.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 16, 2013, 10:20:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info