[3.8] Ground Slam Dualwield Slayer - Stun all content

"
warmuth wrote:
Nice guide, having some fun with it so far. This and sweep are both sleeper skills that are a bit under the radar due to cyclone being so insane right now. Switched in a shockwave gem to try it out. Not sure how it calculates damage wise, pob shows it doing almost as much as the main slam on its own. It seems like it might be more useful mapping to get the proc on the first hit instead of waiting on ruthless to kick in on the third attack. If the damage from selecting ground slam and then selecting shockwave are added together it would be a big dps increase overall but I don’t know if that’s how it works.

Thanks!

With shockwave you want to check "Averrage damage" and divide it by cooldown (for level 20 shockwave without other sources of cooldown reduction its 0.72sec) to get its dps that you can add to dps of ground slam. I use ruthless to get longer stuns with every third attack, but you should really try all the options and see what is better for you (maybe even multistrike). With good gear you can remove 1-2 support gems and not get any problems while mapping anyway, I fels like Im doing too much damage.
Looks like its about 100k dps loss from ruthless overall. I do notice the difference while mapping, the shockwaves help clean up and can even hit around corners. I was all excited to head in to shaper and stunlock him to death but the vaal groundslams killed him immediately haha.
Is this build ready for 3.8 ?
I'd like to try it on.
"
christpoe wrote:
Is this build ready for 3.8 ?
I'd like to try it on.

Yes, absolutely! It got nerfed a bit with pulverise and slayer shanges, but not much. Im thinking of starting with it in ssf myself.
Hey there, I am currently playin your build in 3.8 and loving it so far :-)

Can you please provide us with a leveling tree or some tipps for leveling?

Ty in advance and ty for sharing ;-)
taH pagh taHbe'!
"
Lytor wrote:
Hey there, I am currently playin your build in 3.8 and loving it so far :-)

Can you please provide us with a leveling tree or some tipps for leveling?

Ty in advance and ty for sharing ;-)

Leveling tree should be someting like that:
1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5

If you feel like your damage is lacking I would recomend leveling with Sunder (and switch to Ground slam on bosses). Go for Overhelm on Slayer asap. Try to get high attack speed maces fro weapons (or axes if you dont have mace nodes on tree yet). Im level 78 now, using setup Ground Slam - Pulverise - Multistrike - Fortify. Multistrike is not very good for this build, but I still havent found weapons with at least decent attack speed.
Hello Shleppel, Many thanks for your build.

I play this build as a unique character in this league. The leveling phase is simple and very pleasant, as much on the packs with the aoe as on the bosses with the stunning.
The most important is to find good maces.

I would like to know if the choice between multistrike and pulverise is done according to the speed of the weapons?

And I would like to know your choice of pantheon

Thanks a lot
"
christpoe wrote:
Hello Shleppel, Many thanks for your build.

I play this build as a unique character in this league. The leveling phase is simple and very pleasant, as much on the packs with the aoe as on the bosses with the stunning.
The most important is to find good maces.

I would like to know if the choice between multistrike and pulverise is done according to the speed of the weapons?

And I would like to know your choice of pantheon

Thanks a lot

For me sweet spot is around 3-3.5 attacks per second with all the buffs (blood rage, ounslaught flask). You can experement and find what good for you. Generally Im trying to avoid multistrike - it does not work with vaal ground slam at all.

As for the pantheon - I usually use Arakaali since I dont use shock removal flask and it helps. Sometimes Brine King on chilling ground maps (usually too lasy to hcange tho). Solaris on betrayal and minotaur if I dont forget to change it (usually I do), since its the best defensive option and our best defense - stuns - dont work on those enemies.

Minor god is Ralakesh.
Hi Shleppel,
Another question about anointement choice : Pain Forger seems obvious, but what do you think about Graceful Assault ? or Way of the warrior / Tenacity ?
Did you test them ?
"
christpoe wrote:
Hi Shleppel,
Another question about anointement choice : Pain Forger seems obvious, but what do you think about Graceful Assault ? or Way of the warrior / Tenacity ?
Did you test them ?

I use Pain Forger since it gives me the most damage and I havent found redblades on ssf, so it helps me with reduced stun threshold.
I use silver flask, so Graceful Assault is not that usefull, without onslaught on kill it gives me less damage than Pain Forger. Way of the warrior is not that great, but Tenacity is awesome since it gives you a lot of dps and life, but its super expensive. If I was on trade - I would go for that.
Last edited by Shleppel on Sep 29, 2019, 3:04:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info