[3.7] Chilling CI Mjolner done right [TM] (all content viable)

Looking forward to another one of your Mjolnir builds mate thanks for the fun.
Hi, big fan of your other Mjolner discharge variants, what are the main differences between this Trickster variant and the Juggernaut variant you've done work on in the past. I'm not referring to mechanics as they're well explained but DMG, tank, etc...
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
Hi, big fan of your other Mjolner discharge variants, what are the main differences between this Trickster variant and the Juggernaut variant you've done work on in the past. I'm not referring to mechanics as they're well explained but DMG, tank, etc...


Dmg output of this build (maxed) without any RF = 2 times the Juggernaut dmg output while Juggernaut is with RF up. Without min-maxing its about 1.5 times the Jugg dmg.


In terms of Tankiness I cant compare it exactly, those two builds have a bit different def layers but let me tell you this: since I switched to CI with all the gear pieces in slot (no end-game stuff yet, so no 6l, no corruptions, no enchantments, no Watchers Eye, just all the gear in place, flasks included - evasion one is very important for hard encounters), having most of the tree done I lvled from 85 to 93 doing all kind of t10-t15 maps, even some t16, delving 150-200, with different mods, without a single death. This includes spawning legion, breach and betrayal mobs at once just for fun. That said I ripped twice yesterday in the same place: T16 Chimera map with following mods: 24% increased monster dmg, 109% extra dmg as lightning, 104% extra dmg as fire, enfeeble and some other good jazz. And no that was not on Chimera himself, Chimera was fine with those mods, it was not the snake part either, it was Legion spawn with 6 rares, 4 of them having dmg auras. I killed them but ripped twice before managing to do so.

So by all means this build is not immortal. But it has enough to offer relaxing, chilling gameplay without worrying too much about the mods.

But one need to get the gear first and lvl to mid 80's. Than the real fun starts to happen.
Guides:
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 5, 2019, 3:46:34 AM
Could we please get a little more detailed leveling guide? Gear, gem-links is fine! thanks for an awesome build!
"
deeLyo wrote:
Could we please get a little more detailed leveling guide? Gear, gem-links is fine! thanks for an awesome build!


Im out of home on mobile right now but I can provide some insight into passive skill tree progression:


http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9-_W0OOUZ-Jeui5TxVEemvow2AAAAAA==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9-_W0OOUZflknqfiXrotTNZMnf8aU8cHFj_rsGFBCVEemvow2SVHw1WS9AAAAAA==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9BAfv69Af-_W0OOUZfllSU5f0l5VfKuvkVcaD2yepvoqhL_iXCPRqQ66LUzVsC5Mnf8ZtGSL0TLOU8cHFj_rsGFBCVEemvow2PV9JUfDVZL0AAAAA

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9HwIEB-_r0B_YJDbF-_W0OOUZfllSU5f0l5VfKuvkVcaD2yepvoqhL_iXCPRqQ66LUzXa3WwLpwiTJ3_GbRki9EyzlPHBxY_67BhQQhVQVEemvow2PV9JUfDVZL3Xz_k374hJsVZIAAAAAA==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9HwIEB1fJ7-vQH9gkNsUNfPv1tDjlGX5ZUlOX9JeVXyrr5FXGg9snqb6KoS_4lwj0akOui1M12t1sCyj66-64kxzcjxqnCJMnf8ZtGSL0TLOU8cHFj_rsGFBCFVBUR6a-jDY9X0lR8NVkvbjQ2jqxBdfP-TfviEmxVkgAAAAA

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9HwIEB1fJFm_jau_rOw3QH9gkNsUNfIx2tzH79bQ45Rl-WWvIr3zXSlJTl_SXlV8q6-RVxoPbJ6m-iqEv-JcI9GpDrotTNR0U2t1sCyj66-64kxzcjxqnCJMnf8YRD20ZIvRMs5Tx-tJmno9GwcWP-uwYUEIVUFRHpr6MNj1fSVHw1WS9uNDaOrEF18_5N--ISbFWSAAAAAA=

CI switch:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAB8CBAdXyV9q7-s7DdAf2CQ2xQ18jHa3MfGKbAj79bQ45Rl-WX2wa8ivfNdKUlOX9JeVEVCnKyeppcu-iqEv-Jeui1M1HRTa3WwLKPrr7riTHNyPGqcIkyd_xnIPEQ9tGSL00NBMs5Tx-tJmno9GwcVHBtvnj_rsGFBCpAUVUFRHpr6MNj1fLL9JUfDVZL2pQOkzPexmVLjQ2jqxBdfP-TfviEmxlG9WSAAAAAA=
Guides:
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362

Thank you so much <3

"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
deeLyo wrote:
Could we please get a little more detailed leveling guide? Gear, gem-links is fine! thanks for an awesome build!


Im out of home on mobile right now but I can provide some insight into passive skill tree progression:


http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9-_W0OOUZ-Jeui5TxVEemvow2AAAAAA==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9-_W0OOUZflknqfiXrotTNZMnf8aU8cHFj_rsGFBCVEemvow2SVHw1WS9AAAAAA==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9BAfv69Af-_W0OOUZfllSU5f0l5VfKuvkVcaD2yepvoqhL_iXCPRqQ66LUzVsC5Mnf8ZtGSL0TLOU8cHFj_rsGFBCVEemvow2PV9JUfDVZL0AAAAA

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9HwIEB-_r0B_YJDbF-_W0OOUZfllSU5f0l5VfKuvkVcaD2yepvoqhL_iXCPRqQ66LUzXa3WwLpwiTJ3_GbRki9EyzlPHBxY_67BhQQhVQVEemvow2PV9JUfDVZL3Xz_k374hJsVZIAAAAAA==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9HwIEB1fJ7-vQH9gkNsUNfPv1tDjlGX5ZUlOX9JeVXyrr5FXGg9snqb6KoS_4lwj0akOui1M12t1sCyj66-64kxzcjxqnCJMnf8ZtGSL0TLOU8cHFj_rsGFBCFVBUR6a-jDY9X0lR8NVkvbjQ2jqxBdfP-TfviEmxVkgAAAAA

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjYeJVS8u9HwIEB1fJFm_jau_rOw3QH9gkNsUNfIx2tzH79bQ45Rl-WWvIr3zXSlJTl_SXlV8q6-RVxoPbJ6m-iqEv-JcI9GpDrotTNR0U2t1sCyj66-64kxzcjxqnCJMnf8YRD20ZIvRMs5Tx-tJmno9GwcWP-uwYUEIVUFRHpr6MNj1fSVHw1WS9uNDaOrEF18_5N--ISbFWSAAAAAA=

CI switch:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAB8CBAdXyV9q7-s7DdAf2CQ2xQ18jHa3MfGKbAj79bQ45Rl-WX2wa8ivfNdKUlOX9JeVEVCnKyeppcu-iqEv-Jeui1M1HRTa3WwLKPrr7riTHNyPGqcIkyd_xnIPEQ9tGSL00NBMs5Tx-tJmno9GwcVHBtvnj_rsGFBCpAUVUFRHpr6MNj1fLL9JUfDVZL2pQOkzPexmVLjQ2jqxBdfP-TfviEmxlG9WSAAAAAA=
I made some minor corrections to the last 2 trees so here we go again:


starting tree

25 points tree

44 points tree

65 points tree


Mjolner tree to play as ES + life hybrid with Kingsguard


CI switch tree with all gear in place


lvl 85 tree

lvl 92 tree


Now as said in the guide I lvlved as frostblades than self cast Blade Vortex (quest reward from act 1) than Cyclone (buy or find) than Cyclone - Cast While Channeling - Blade Vortex.

I used Faster Casting with Blade Vortex and Faster Attacks and Added Fire dmg with Cyclone. I also used Herald of Ash. Since act 6 where all the gems are available in Liliths offering I used Cyclone - CWC - BV - Controlled Destruction.

Also since life/ES hybrid Mjolner gear (Kingsguard, Mjolner, Saffels Frame, Inyas boots, Romiras ring, Volls amulet, The Vertex, ES belt, Shaper's Touch) which can be done at lvl 66 I used Herald of Ash, Purity of Elements and Discpline.

After reaching full CI gear with Enlighten lvl 3 I disabled Herald of Ash and started to use Zealotry for dmg boost and synergy with Zealot's Oath.
Guides:
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 7, 2019, 11:41:37 AM
Great build I've been loving it!
Just a question: Why don't you go the 2 dex node route for intuitive leap? you also get some aoe through that one node beofore and you only give up 30int. Dex is important, right?
"
iTWiX wrote:
Great build I've been loving it!
Just a question: Why don't you go the 2 dex node route for intuitive leap? you also get some aoe through that one node beofore and you only give up 30int. Dex is important, right?


I had that for some time but int route suits the build a bit better imo. Dex is just enough without the Dex route, and you need Dex only for lvl 20 Faster Attacks so if u have problems with Dex you can allways lower the lvl of Faster Attacks gem. While Int is also +Energy Shield (or rather every 10 intelligence grants 2% increased maximum energy shield). That said, if Dex route allows you to respec the +30 Dex node than all in all it ends up being the same.


EDIT: I think I made my final gear upgrade:



Just did the DPS check vs T16 Mino and I can confirm that real, sustained 750k Shaper DPS has been reached with the build. Im very happy with the result. That said with a bit better jewels, one more lvl (I will grab 4% spell dmg per power charge) 20% quality ele weakness, lvl 20 Firestorm, 20/20 FA and 20/20 Controlled Destruction (currently 19/20 on both) I can reach 800k with the build. But that will be max it can do. At least as a non-crit version.

When going crit I can have additional +50-60k DPS on top of what I have now (so easilly 800k, 850k with maxed build) but I will losse 300-400 maximum ES. So I dont think it is worth it.

Anyway I believe this is the most damaging Mjolner done since cooldown/trigger nerf from 2.4 and 2.5 patch.
Guides:
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 9, 2019, 9:04:00 AM
where are you getting the fortify from ? and also i am lvling the last few lvls as hybrid but damn my hp spikes sometimes like mad and i have no idea why could you have a look at my hybrid build and see what is wrong ? ive been really close to ripping in a t2 map , yes thats right t2 and i cant figure out why. i got the atziri already just need the last 7 lvls in glacier but my hp flies sometimes and it feels like i aint regening any es or hp and have to spam pots

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info