[3.7] Chilling CI Mjolner done right [TM] (all content viable)


3.7 PoB pastebin of the final build:
----------------------------------------
https://pastebin.com/5VRRRpby


"




Changelog:
2019-07-07: Added lvling trees and some info on how to lvl.
2019-07-04: Adde all Shaper Guardians and Shaper kill vids, added some more info, updated the PoB pastebin.
2019-07-03: Added some minor info.
2019-07-01: Guide created.



Chilling CI Mjolner done right by Rico (C)
--------------------------------------------------



About 11 Guardians of the Minotaur were sacrificed during creation of this guide. Please take a minute of silence to honor them...


"
Hi and welcome to another Mjolner guide!


This one took me about one month to put together, test & optimize in Legion. So what it offers? Best way to describe it is: smooth and relaxing gameplay.



The concept:
------------------

This build uses a combination of some unique items and skills that are mandatory for it to work:



The Red Trail grants us Frenzy Charge on hit. This works with every hit, melee hit, spell hit etc. But this works only while we are bleeding.



Chance 2 bleed support works with Cyclone - our main trigger skill providing small but constant bleed status on bosses.



The Golden Rule reflects bleed status we apply on our enemies back to us.



Apep's Supremacy forces any bleed dmg we take to be chaos dmg instead of physical.




Chaos Inoculation (CI) Keystone renders us immune to chaos dmg.



All together: we apply constant bleed status to ourselfs when hitting any mob so we can take advantage of The Red Trail "gain frenzy charge on hit" property but we are not taking any dmg.

More than that this build uses:



Rare jewel with x% chance to poison on hit. This works with both melee hits and spell hits, providing constant poison on our enemies... while The Golden Rule reflect poisons we do back to us, providing us with constant +3% to max resistances thx to Apep's Supremacy while we dont take any dmg thx to CI.

More than that to fully utilize "frenzy charge on hit" property on The Red Trails this build uses:



linked to Cyclone. Why not Blade Vortex (BV) you may ask? Well because BV at max stacks hits 7.5 times per sec and because we do 7+ Discharges per sec it will provide up to +1 Frenzy charge per each Discharge. While one instance of Firestorm on the other hand hits the same target about 5-6 times per 2 sec of its duration. So up to 3 times per sec. So why is this better? Because with lvl 20 Cast While Channeling we can sustain up to 6 Firestorm instances at once, and all of them will hit the same target, providing up to 18 hits per sec, providing 2 Frenzy charges per each Discharge on average.



Build highlights:
--------------------

+ 700k+ sustained, real Shaper DPS in a final build
+ 550k+ on a budget
+ 8k+ ES
+ 11k+ Evasion unflasked for 40% chance to evade (24k+ flasked for 60% chance to evade)
+ Some attack block (24%)
+ Some spell block (7%)
+ Some spell dodge (10%)
+ 78% all maximum resistances
+ Bleed dmg immunity
+ Chaos dmg immunity (also Poison dmg immunity)
+ Stun immunity
+ Ghost Shrouds (9% reduced dmg taken, 550 ES gained when hit, per hit up to 3)
+ 2200+ ES leach
+ 550+ ES regen (Zealot's Oath on Consecrated Ground created by the Zealotry)
+ Fortify
+ CWDT + Immortal Call with 3-4 Endurance Charges


Offence in details:
------------------------------

Spoiler
+ each Discharge hits with average of 3/4/6 charges (Power/Endurance/Frenzy) thx to "gain frenzy charge on hit" from The Red Trail, high Cyclone APS (7.5) and Firestorm on Cast While Channeling
+ Tree + gear provides 500%+ spell/elemental dmg increase
+ Build has lots of "more" multipliers (total of 7 on cold dmg part)
+ All in all we have about 100k per each Discharge hit to Shaper/Guardian on average (140k+ peak)
+ 7 Discharges per sec on average (7.5 peak) thx to again high Cyclone APS and 97%+ chance to hit
+ Vortex adds about 20k DPS on its own
+ Firestorm on Cast While Channeling adds about 40k DPS on its own
+ We use Bonechill linked with Vortex and Arcane Surge (hi Ice Nova) to apply 12% more Cold Damage taken to our enemies (we do mostly cold dmg with Discharge) and 12% more spell dmg (Arcane Surge bonus)
+ We use Elemental Equilibrium on fire part to lower Lightning and Cold resistances of our targets (we do mostly cold dmg with Discharge)
+ We use CWDT - Ele Weakness - Frost Bomb to lower the ressistances of our targets even more
+ We have constant Elemental Overload when in combat for 40% more elemental dmg
+ We use Zealotry aura with 36% increased effect form passive skill tree (Influence + Sovereignty)
+ Something that I forgot



Defence in details:
----------------------------

Spoiler

+ First of all we have 40% chance to evade unflasked (60%+ flasked) which works great vs any kind of melee attacks and attack based projectiles, this also includes Dominus Touch of God slam, Core Malachai slam, Shaper slam, Elder/Uber Elder slam, making them more likely to miss than hit (as shown in my Shaper vid)
+ Than we have 24% attack block, 6-7% spell block, 10% spell dodge and some minor bonuses to evade/dodge from the Pantheon
+ Than even if we get hit we have 8k+ ES pool with some other defence layers to soak up the dmg, this includes: 9% dmg reduction from Ghost Shrouds, 20% dmg reduction from Fortify, about 12% physical dmg reduction from 3 endurance charges, about 70% less physical dmg taken and about 26% less elemental dmg taken with Immortal Call up, 10% additional physical dmg reduction when we are stationary from the Red Trail
+ To deal with heavy dmg income this build provides about 2k ES leech per sec together with about 550+ ES regen per sec (Zealoth Oath + Zealotry's Consecrated Ground) but also about 500+ ES gained when hit (5% of max Evasion thx to Ghoust Shroud) for a total of 3k+ ES recovery per sec (this can be further adjusted with proper Watcher's Eye jewel - increased total Energy Shield recovery rate when affected by Discipline)
+ On top we have constant 78% max resistances (78% fire, 78% cold and 79% lightning in fact) when in combat thx to 5%+ chance to poison on hit, The Golden Rule and Apep's Supremacy
+ Also because we spam Vortex + Bonechill manually on our targets, most of them will be chilled thus will be attacking with reduced attack speed



Build is also decently fast and mobile so can clear maps quite effectively.


What this build can do:
------------------------------------

+ Faceroll normal Atziri
+ Faceroll T10-T15 Maps no matter the mods (except ele reflect)
+ Faceroll Uber Lab (seriously)
+ Faceroll T16 Guardians except Hydra and Phoenix which can be dangerous with crazy dmg mods (single dmg mods = still faceroll as shown in my Hydra vid)
+ Faceroll Elder Guardians
+ Faceroll Red Elder
+ Shaper deathless (also faceroll if you are familiar with the mechanics)

I didnt have a chance to test Uber Elder and Uber Atziri yet.


Map mods to avoid:
------------------------------------
Ele reflect. And thats it. No mana regen can be done without much of an issue - just switch off Zealotry to have larger mana pool - 100 mana on kill from Atziri's Splendour will keep your mana at top.



What are the disadvantages of the build?
-------------------------------------------------

Res capping and stats capping are the only issues.



Ascendancy class choice: Trickster
------------------------------------

Ascendancy order:

1) Escape Artist
2) Swift Killer
3) Harness the Void

Why Trickster? Because Occultist as CI was nerfed to the ground (at least in my opinion) and currently theres no better Ascendancy class to go CI - and we must go CI remember why? No? Read the build's concept section ;)


Bandits:
--------------

2 Passive skill points. Alira is tempting for that 15% all ress but trust me - it is not worth it in a long run.



My current gear in Legion and gear choice explanation:
--------------------------------------------------------------



And Intuitive Leap on the right side of the tree mainly to get last frenzy charge but also some nice ES/Eva node (Resourcefulnes).

Note 1: 6l chest is not mandatory, build will work with 5l (but with less DPS) - just drop Additional Accuracy. If u have godly rares or some special talents that allowed you to ress cap without Purity of Elements you may use Precision aura for extra accuracy. That said Shaper's Touch will provide you with 87% chance to hit on theyr own.

Note 2: Helmet enchant is not mandatory. "30% to not consume charges" is BIS for this build but its rare and expensive. You may go with "40% increased Discharge dmg" or without the enchant at all. It will be just less DPS again. "30% to not consume charges" adds about 100k DPS if have 4/4/6 max charges. Without that enchant you will be fine with 4/4/5 charges (or even 4/3/5 if points are short).

Note 3: You need one 5-7% attack speed jewel to hit the desired 7.5 Cyclone aps with everything up (@6 frenzy charges).


Now, because we go Trickster CI we can choose between pure ES gear and hybrid Evasion/ES gear. The latter being cheaper and easier to color (especially chest) while providing both ES and Evasion (thats a no brainer).

Also as I mentioned before this one can be hard to ress cap and thats why Atziri's Splendour is a BIS chest. Just make sure to buy evasion/ES version, with min of 1000 Evasion and 400 ES.

The Vertex is a great helmet for this build, having Synergies with the Tricskter Ascendancy, providing half of the total evasion, good ammount of the ES and +1 to socketed gems. This last property makes your lvl 20 Discipline lvl 21 but more importantly youe lvl 3 Enlighten lvl 4 for reduced mana reserved by other socketed gems.

Now one can argue why Volls Devotion and not The Pandemonius? We do mostly cold dmg right? In short: Volls is still better. Long anserw:

Spoiler

The Pandemonius provides about the same DPS when we consider 4/4/6 charges and even less DPS when we consider "30% chance to not consume charges" Discharge enchant. Pandemonius adds +dex and blind on hit. Thats good. But at the same time it lacks all ress from Volls (hard to ress cap this thing remember?) it lacks Energy shield from Volls both in terms of flat +ES and +Int and it lacks str (so you're basically trading Dex for Str).

But... endurance charges provided by the Volls neck are not only for dmg. They are also for additional protection. The new Immortal Call works really well with endurance charges on a CWDT link.

So it all comes to this:

blind on hit + Dex vs less physical AND elemental dmg taken, more ES, more all elemental resistances, Str, and burning applied to lesser enemies.




Shaper's Touch vs The Repentance: Shaper's Touch all the way. Those are BIS gloves for the build. Tons of Evasion, ES, accuracy, ~80% dmg lost from Repentance can be gained back because of how many passive points are freed by using Shaper's Touch (especially on ES part).


Now Energy from Within and Efficient Training jewels both have special places in the passive tree. First one to boost ES nicely, second one to fulfil the massive strenght requirements.


And I think I dont have to explain what for Romira's ring is inluded in the build. Right?


Passive skill tree with key jewel placement:
---------------------------------------------

Passive skill tree @ lvl 96



Build is done at lvl 96. For lower lvl use less ES or skip 4th Endurance Charge.


Tips on how to lvl and passive skill tree progression:
------------------------------------------------------------------

starting tree

25 points tree

44 points tree

65 points tree


Mjolner tree to play as ES + life hybrid with Kingsguard


CI switch tree with all gear in place


lvl 85 tree

lvl 92 tree


In short I lvlved as frostblades than as self cast Blade Vortex (quest reward from act 1) than Cyclone (buy or find) than Cyclone - Cast While Channeling - Blade Vortex, than as hybrid life + ES Mjolner with Kingsguard.

I used Faster Casting with Blade Vortex and Faster Attacks and Added Fire dmg with Cyclone. I also used Herald of Ash. Since act 6 where all the gems were available in Liliths offering I used Cyclone - CWC - BV - Controlled Destruction.

Also since life/ES hybrid Mjolner gear around lvl 66 (Kingsguard, Mjolner, Saffels Frame, Inyas boots, Romiras ring, Volls amulet, The Vertex, ES belt, Shaper's Touch) I used Herald of Ash, Purity of Elements and Discpline.

After reaching full CI gear I bought Enlighten lvl 3 than I disabled Herald of Ash and started using Zealotry for dmg boost and synergy with Zealot's Oath.


Thats all for now!

"
BIG thx to redix27 for helping me with testing & optimizing the build.

Guides:
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
3.6 Classic Mjolner Reborn! Witch/Ele: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2280138
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 13, 2019, 11:24:04 AM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2019, 10:15:58 PM
Reserved.
Guides:
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
3.6 Classic Mjolner Reborn! Witch/Ele: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2280138
Everything seems on point really except for the Vertex. You don't need the chaos res and the reduced Mana cost doesn't apply to reserved Mana no?
"
tintamare wrote:
Everything seems on point really except for the Vertex. You don't need the chaos res and the reduced Mana cost doesn't apply to reserved Mana no?


Its not for that :) The Vertex is a hybrid Eva/ES helmet with decent rolls on both, it has great synergy with Trickster Ascendancy: Ghost Dance and Escape Artist. It bascially adds half of the total evasion for the build, boosting your chance to evade attacks/projectiles but also increasing greatly the ammount of ES gained when hit (5% of max Eva gained as ES when hit thx to Ghost Dance).

More than that it adds +1 lvl to socketed Gems making your lvl 20 Discpline lvl 21 (more ES) and, more importantly, making your lvl 3 enlighten lvl 4, reducing mana reserved by other socketed gems.
Guides:
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
3.6 Classic Mjolner Reborn! Witch/Ele: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2280138
Im missing 1 Frenzy Charge and tbh i cant find where to get it from, may you have an explanation for where you get your 6 frenzy charges?
"
RestOfPeace wrote:
Im missing 1 Frenzy Charge and tbh i cant find where to get it from, may you have an explanation for where you get your 6 frenzy charges?


Sure:

3 base +1 Ascendancy +1 Skill tree +1 Gloves corruption.
Guides:
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
3.6 Classic Mjolner Reborn! Witch/Ele: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2280138
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
RestOfPeace wrote:
Im missing 1 Frenzy Charge and tbh i cant find where to get it from, may you have an explanation for where you get your 6 frenzy charges?


Sure:

3 base +1 Ascendancy +1 Skill tree +1 Gloves corruption.




oh must have overseen this, thanks for the reply :)
No problem ;)

Added all the T16 Shaper Guardians vids, added full Shaper run vid. Enjoy!

I also sniped this beauty:




Myyyyyy.....precioussssss...
Guides:
3.7 Chilling CI Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2574749
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
3.6 Classic Mjolner Reborn! Witch/Ele: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2280138
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 4, 2019, 2:11:31 PM
Awesome vids!! and awesome jewel!!! Cheers :-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Can we please get a low down on skill tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info