[3.7] GearFarmer’s Cyclone 2H Axe Detailed Build Guide (Very Noob Friendly Guide)

"
Dawes74 wrote:
I understand you're very excited to share your build, but it shouldn't be advertised as a noob friendly cyclone build. From the example videos barely clearing red maps in terms of damage and only having 5.7k life with acro and a 6exalt axe, 2exalt kaoms and give or take 2ex worth in rare gear isnt very good.

There are simply better build guides out there that do what this build does but better, I do apologies for putting you down like this but without substantial improvement to this build I wouldn't consider it to be a 'Noob friendly' build guide.

A few questions to spark some discussion about your build:

With the new Ease of access to Impale and the insane damage that comes with it, Why not pickup the impale nodes on tree for 100% chance to impale? you're currently only at 60% chance to impale, after getting to 100% chance to impale you're damage will improve greatly, after getting to 100% chance to impale you can also switch a gem for brutality support and improve your damage even more.

Why run soul catcher when there are simply better damage flasks out there? (Taste of hate, Sin's Rebirth are especially lucrative damage flasks for example)

Why run Daresso's Salute? I understand it's decent for cyclone but it seems like quiet a tradeoff. Losing one of the highest damage potential slots of gear for +2 weapon range and abit of movement speed/resistances seems quiet bad.

Where's your source of Curse immunity?
Most commonly you acquire curse immunity on one of your flask slots, you're simply running too many unique flasks. (also having 2 heat flasks doesnt help)

That's all I have to say for now, I look forward to your replies to my questions and general feedback from what I've seen in your build. Have a good one o/

Also. One about this build guide is that I don’t want this to be a one and done build. Like this is the end gameitems. Get this and you’ll be good.

I want the guide to show the progress new player should be doing. Like have this 60 chaps gear first before worrying about the 6 ex axe and the 2 ex chest. Like how I did it. I was with 60 chaos gear and map til I got a good drop and able to get the kaoms. And have enough fusing to six link the disfavour. It’s more of a progress build than an end game build. The build guide is still in progress and it’s here to help the really new players while being able to compete with the end game expensive builds.
"
Also. One about this build guide is that I don’t want this to be a one and done build. Like this is the end gameitems. Get this and you’ll be good.
I want the guide to show the progress new player should be doing.

I think that's a great thing to aim for in a build guide, but I think you should consider that new players will look at this build and not know to question your decision to path to the opposite side of the tree to pickup two defensive keystones and a little bit of life.
And I cannot stress this enough, you need to fix your flasks and cover it properly. Defensive flasks are one of the most important part in this game, having a taste of hate up when taking a physical hit (for example) will reduce the amount of damage you take, Flask optimization is one of the things I myself have trouble with and what I'm always trying to improve as I play different builds.

Your DPS:
I understand you're trying to go cheap, not invest a gillion exalts into your build and not aiming to one shot uber elder or shaper, but you need to improve your damage because in its current state with an atziri's disfavour one of the strongest 2hand axes in the game your damage is abysmal. As much as you want to do your own thing, I recommend you take a look at what other people are doing with their own builds and adjust accordingly, there is no shame in doing it and you're doing this build guide to service the community, think of it as more of a way of conveying information to new players.

I will be checking in on your build guide and hoping to see improvements.
GLHF!
"
Dawes74 wrote:
"
I want the guide to show the progress new player should be doing.

I think that's a great thing to aim for in a build guide, but I think you should consider that new players will look at this build and not know to question your decision to path to the opposite side of the tree to pickup two defensive keystones and a little bit of life.
And I cannot stress this enough, you need to fix your flasks and cover it properly. Defensive flasks are one of the most important part in this game, having a taste of hate up when taking a physical hit (for example) will reduce the amount of damage you take, Flask optimization is one of the things I myself have trouble with and what I'm always trying to improve as I play different builds.

Your DPS:
I understand you're trying to go cheap, not invest a gillion exalts into your build and not aiming to one shot uber elder or shaper, but you need to improve your damage because in its current state with an atziri's disfavour one of the strongest 2hand axes in the game your damage is abysmal. As much as you want to do your own thing, I recommend you take a look at what other people are doing with their own builds and adjust accordingly, there is no shame in doing it and you're doing this build guide to service the community, think of it as more of a way of conveying information to new players.

I will be checking in on your build guide and hoping to see improvements.
GLHF!

Got it! I also tried to put the impale build on POB but the damage went down instead of up. So I’ll probably stick with out it. Either that or I’ll do more research on impale. Maybe there’s hidden dps to it? And the Acrobats tree that I’m using, I’ll probably won’t put it on this build for now, I want to see how it performs with end game bosses first. The acrobats is just for me for now until I’m able to to the end game content to it.

And I will update my flask :) I just did t have curse immunity before because I was too worried about end bosses ( which freezes a lot) but you’re right. I should worry more about regular play through for new players. I will update the flask later when I get back home. Went to a concert last night. What do you suggest the flask set up that works the best?
From my understanding Impale doesnt calculate properly in Path of Building, from my very basic understanding of it and a little help from the wiki:
Wiki reads 'When a hit applies impale to a target, 10% of that hit's physical damage is recorded before any damage mitigation is applied. Impale deals the recorded damage to that target each time it is hit.
Impale does not have a limited duration; it remains in effect until the maximum number of hits is reached. By default, impale lasts for five hits. A target may have multiple impale effects on it at once, all of which deal damage to that target each time it is hit.'
The '10% of that hit's physical damage is recorded' gets increased by "Impale effect" which you can get on tree & from impale support, You can get 30% impale effect from tree, and 59% from 20/20 Impale support (60% if you get 23% impale support, 62% if you can get 21/23 impale support)
Through basic math I assume impale effect acts as a multiplier of the '10% of that hit's physical damage is recorded'
take the 10% base damage and multiply it by 1.89 turning it into '18.9% of that hit's physical damage is recorded'

To apply the math, lets say for example your average hit is 100,000 (average hit is not DPS)
With that hit and 100% impale chance after 5 hits (5 stacks of impale which is the default maximum amount) your average hit will become 150,000 without calculating with impale effect, with 89% increased impale effect your 100k average hit will become 194,500.

TLDR Impale is a multiplier of your BASE damage against an enemy, but it doesn't apply to non-physical damage.

As for your flask setup, it will change if you're using brutality support but a basic setup for me would be Seething/Bubbling life flask of staunching, if you have bleed immunity elsewhere of heat, Reason being you don't have your life flask up often and if its seething/bubbling it has very short duration or is instant so if its of warding its not of much use.

Damage flask for melee the highest damage flask and by far most useful flask is Lions Roar, up to 25% more physical damage is a no brainer and paired with "gained as flasks" such as Atziri's Promise/Taste of Hate/Sins Rebirth it's extremely powerful.

You're playing cyclone so you have to keep your quicksilver, I recommend getting a "Adrenaline" affix on it for increased movement speed, you'll lose out on an immunity but its overall worth it, the more movement speed you have with cyclone the overall better your build will feel and perform.

Defensive flask with immunity, this flask is up to you and your playstyle and cannot be unique, Unique flask doesn't mean good flask overall unless you're playing a pathfinder, If you want to go dodge focus I recommend a quartz flask, if you're having trouble with Physical damage A basalt, this flask slot should be interchangeable depending on the content you're running and this flask should be your 'of Warding' flask as it will have 4-5 second duration depending on what pick you go for, For bosses like Shaper & Uber elder you can also switch this flask out for a Damage flask if you feel you need it because theres no curses that happen during that fight.

For your final flask slot this would be where you run your no brainier second best damage flask, but since you're 99% physical damage I recommend a taste of hate, it gives you quiet alot of physical mitigation, up to 20% of your physical damage as extra cold, and less cold damage taken from the 'Sapphire' flask base which is incredibly valuable in the Uber Elder/Shaper encounter as most of the damage they deal is cold damage.

Sorry for another wall of text, and please take everything with a grain of salt as I'm no master of the game, do your own looking into Impale & Impale effect as theres a chance I messed up somewhere.
NVM
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Jul 16, 2019, 5:54:13 AM
Red Elder down, Will be working on shaper next and crafting my axe
First Shaper Kill is up guys
shaper kill added
Links and Flask have been updated to give more options. and to tell players to not use atziri's promise and taste of hate when using brutality support
Updated the weapon section of the guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info