[3.7] Ultra Tanky Crit Impale Barrage/TS Champion 10M+ Shaper DPS 90% Physical Mitigation 25K VMS

"
terferi wrote:
I noticed on Poe ninja that most of the high level champions don’t seem to use iron reflexes. Their skill tree tends to start different as well. Is it a completely different build type?

It's mostly a preference thing. Most of the champions that are not specced into Iron reflexes are already running arborix and the ones that using Vicious Proj crafted bows have iron reflexes.

I personally spec into iron reflexes because I'd rather have the permanent armor for VMS and having fluctuating attackspeed/movement speed feels kind bad to me.
"
OrangeLeaf wrote:
"
terferi wrote:
I noticed on Poe ninja that most of the high level champions don’t seem to use iron reflexes. Their skill tree tends to start different as well. Is it a completely different build type?

It's mostly a preference thing. Most of the champions that are not specced into Iron reflexes are already running arborix and the ones that using Vicious Proj crafted bows have iron reflexes.

I personally spec into iron reflexes because I'd rather have the permanent armor for VMS and having fluctuating attackspeed/movement speed feels kind bad to me.

Thanks. That makes sense. I’ll have to pick up a vms and try it out
Thanks for the build, going to start it on a 30ex budget and see where I can go from there.

I was wondering your thoughts on using Daresso's Defiance? Looks like over half the guys playing this build using it.
"
poobahslayer wrote:
Thanks for the build, going to start it on a 30ex budget and see where I can go from there.

I was wondering your thoughts on using Daresso's Defiance? Looks like over half the guys playing this build using it.

Honestly, I probably would've used it had I not not gotten an intimidate on hit/endurance charge on kill brutal restraint. Otherwise Daresso's Defiance was really great for mapping and Five emblems since Farrul's in those kind of content isn't really needed due to blood rage/assassin's mark. I mostly wanted to do some uber elder and other bosses when I was still playing Impale Champion but it can't really compete with deadeye dex stacking ts for mapping ever so I switched recently as I was done with bossing for the league. Still no celestial hideout :(
Ah okay, makes sense since you are already getting end charges from your jewel.

Yeah, I've been playing good mappers all league so looking for a tankier bosser now (cyclone does it all but so bored of that now). The onslaught on Daressos looks juicy and its way cheaper so i'll probably just go with that.

Sucks about the hideout :( I think they should just make all of them more common since it doesn't really affect the economy or balance in any way.

So about skilling Iron Reflexes, if you do you will just always be stuck in the iron reflexes mode for Arborix right? Does it make sense to do something like skill it for bossing and keep it unskilled for mapping?

Last edited by poobahslayer on Jul 13, 2019, 4:47:25 PM
Hey what exactly gives us pierce in the setup/skill tree?
"
poobahslayer wrote:
Ah okay, makes sense since you are already getting end charges from your jewel.

Yeah, I've been playing good mappers all league so looking for a tankier bosser now (cyclone does it all but so bored of that now). The onslaught on Daressos looks juicy and its way cheaper so i'll probably just go with that.

Sucks about the hideout :( I think they should just make all of them more common since it doesn't really affect the economy or balance in any way.

So about skilling Iron Reflexes, if you do you will just always be stuck in the iron reflexes mode for Arborix right? Does it make sense to do something like skill it for bossing and keep it unskilled for mapping?

I also specced into iron reflexes while I was mapping. Like i've said before I just don't like fluctuating speed and the fact that I'd have to time my VMS since I usually just pop vms right after a monolith. You can do that however its up to you but it's just my personal preference.
I think I will go for having it skilled too. Having to wait to time vms seems kinda clunky.

So after about 25 jewels and 10 divines finally found a jewel that gets frenzy and power charges wooo

Saves a point compared to the pob too :D

Some tips for ppl trying to do the same:

1. It can be any of the elegant hubris, not just cadiro (since we dont care about the keystone, but im dumb and didn't realize until way later)

2. Just buy a bunch of elegant hubris (tons of people running 5 ways so they are between 5-10c), much cheaper than divining. Technically you could run into people checking for the same thing and selling them but its pretty specific.

3. The two notables we are looking for are "Eternal Fervour" and "Eternal Subjugation". I just slotted the jewels in and searched "eternal" for quick checking.
Last edited by poobahslayer on Jul 13, 2019, 6:26:09 PM
Didn't followed this build, cause I did one on my own that looks simular to yours. Damage is just insane with this build.

Here's my Gear:

just crafted luckily a new bow. Got the base after 25 jagged fossil and luckily annuled a low Tier flat phys I got. In the end the bow got now 456pdps. Next step would be to craft a Helemt with the -% phys dmg.

https://pastebin.com/KDV5sgYt

Playing a very min/maxed version of this build with some variations for additional tankiness.

I skip the Avatar of the Hunt cluster and the jewel socket near it (9 points in total) in favour of the Rampart cluster for the additional effect of Fortify (6 points in total). Since we have perma Fortify the damage bonuses on that cluster come out on top compared to Avatar of the Hunt, so you only lose 1% MS and the potential bonuses of a rare jewel in exchange for 3 points, which I use to get +1 Frenzy charge on the Ranger side of the tree that you didn't spec into. I also pick up the Forceful Skewering cluster to hit 100% Impale chance instead of Swift Skewering, saving on a bunch of travel points to pick up the Heartseeker crit cluster while losing only 10% Impale effect.

I highly recommend crafting a helmet like the one I'm using, with 25% effect of Fortify on top of the physical aura (Jagged + Dense and then you have to slam hp), as well as using a Lethal Pride jewel that has Intimidate and even more Effect of Fortify. I also use the +1 minimum endurance charge craft on my rings and ammy to really push the survivability to the next level.

So far I've done all end game content deathless (Guardians, Uber Elder, Shaper) and Delved at ~400 depth with no survivability issues.

It's probably the best build I've played in a league in terms of damage vs survivability. It combines the damage of a Deadeye with the survivability of a Juggernaut. My gear is pretty expensive though, so that's a con for sure.
Last edited by GNeiva on Aug 15, 2019, 7:41:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info