[3.7] [ASS] THE NOVACLONE - Cyclone CoC Ice Nova/Frostbolt [WIP]

The first draft of the build guide is done.
i've added some video in the video section.

Hello everyone,
since I didn't find much updated information on CoC Cospri builds I took concepts from older builds and adapted them to the 3.7 patch while adding some new items/skills.
I'm still progressing with the build and because of that not every aspect of it is tested. These untested/not tested enough things are marked with a golden question mark (?)
I hope that you'll find the guide helpful.

Quick Overview:
+ Costs around 50c to start
+ Nice single target dps and clearing
+ Legion encounters are very manageable and funny (thanks to Vaal Ice Nova)

± Some map combos are very annoying (but still runnable)

- Making the build tanky it's a little bit expensive
- DOTs are the biggest bane of the build

Idea:
I've always loved CoC builds (who doesn't?), and given the price of the core uniques required for the Cospri's Malice variant I thought that this was the perfect league to try it out.

Basic Info

Class/Ascendancy: Shadow Assassin
The build is based around Cast on Crit, and who can crit better than an assassin?

Damage: Coc/Cospri
When we crit we unleash an assload of spells.
It's fun.
Not much to say, there's nothing too complicated here

Defenses: Various
Life, ES, Acro, Phase Acro.
We use Flesh and Stone to blind enemies.
We use a Doryani's Glorius Vanity to gain a bunch of es.
We leech life thanks to the #% Cold Damage Leeched as Life mod found on temple amulets.
We gain life and mana on hit thanks to Poacher's Mark
We gain es on hit thanks to the +# Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline found on Watcher's Eye

I'm sitting on a 7k ehp pool that is sustained very easily and which could be further augmented.

The scariest things for the builds are one shots and DOTs

Bandits: Help Alira
Reason: We go crit, so the multi crit damage is good. Mana regen and all res are good too.
A brief guide to Map Mods

This build can pretty much run any map mod, but some need some adjustments:

Monsters reflect #% of Elemental Damage
Shouldn't be a problem if you spec into Yugul ?: need further testing

Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield
In the 3l of your Cospri's Malice take out Cold Pen and socket in Mana Leech

Monsters are Hexproof
We lose Life/Mana gain on hit and Frenzy charges generation from Poacher's Mark, but things should be fine ?: need further testing

Cannot Leech Life from Monsters/Cannot Leech Mana from Monsters
With the Life/Mana gain on hit from from Poacher's Mark things should be fine ?: need further testing

Passive Tree
Ascendancy

My suggested order is:
1) Unstable Infusion
2) Deadly Infusion
3) Opportunistic
4) Ambush and Assassinate
Pantheon

General setup
Major God: Soul of Lunaris - super nice for mapping
Minor God: Soul of Garukhan - for the movement speed buff

Uber Elder setup ?: this section needs actual testing, i'm basing this off one of my older builds
Major God: Soul of Arakaali - boost life and es regen if stopped taking dot recently ?
Minor God: Soul of Ralakesh - reduced phys dot taken ?

Since the Uber arena is filled with dot puddles, Ralakesh helps in mitigate some of this damage and Arakaali boosts the ehp sustain.
This combo was honestly a game changer for me, so if you are having problem in killing Uber Elder try this out. ?

Spoiler

Weapon

The first core item of the build. Cospri's Malice adds a ton of damage to the build, because when we socket Frostbolt into it we gain access to the Frostbolt/Ice Nova combo.
Off-Hand

The second core item of the build. Lycosidae provides the ability to always hit enemies.
Chest

The dream would be a shaper chest with +1 To Level of Socketed Active Skill Gems and Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance.

The other mods that you want are Life and Res. Energy Shield can be nice.

The best mod to craft in my opinion is the prefix Gain 10% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield.

A Loreweave can also be nice.

My Chest

Helmet

Rare Helmet with Life and Elemental Resistances.
It's better to also try to squeeze some Chaos Resistance and Energy Shield here.

If you try to craft with a Frigid Fossil you can get the mod Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance, which is pretty nice.

Enchantment:
40% increased Ice Nova Damage

My Helmet

i'm using The Gull for fun

Gloves

Rare Gloves with Life and Elemental Resistances.
It's better to also try to squeeze some Chaos Resistance and Energy Shield here.

Enchantment:
Honestly idk

My Gloves

Boots

Rare Boots with Life, Elemental Resistances and Increased Movement Speed.

Enchantment:
Damage oriented:
Damage Penetrates #% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently
Adds # to # Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently

Defense oriented:
Regenerate #% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently

My Boots

Belt

A Shaper belt with #% increase Cooldown Recovery Speed.
You need one with at least 14%.

Squeeze in everything your wallet can, but at least some life and one res
My Belt

Rings

First Slot:

We want an Elder Ring with the mod Curse Enemies with Level # Poacher's Mark on Hit.
That's the most important mod. You should try to have also Life and Resistances here, but the price will start to skyrocket.
If you can't buy one these don't worry, you can use a Mark of Submission as a budget option.

Second Slot:

If you have an Elder Ring in the first slot, then Mark of the Shaper will provide a super dps boost.

If you need to cap your res screw the dps and go with a rare ring.

My Rings

Amulet

A rare amulet with Cold Leech.
This will be our main Life Leech source, so it's a very important piece.
Try to get some other useful stats.

The Pandemonius can be nice. Since it blinds enemies you could then drop Flesh and Stone in order to use your mana to reserve something else (like an Aspect).
Keep in mind that you'll need to find another way to leech life.

My Amulet

Flasks

The Wise Oak is nice for dps and defense.
Cinderswallow Urnis another super nice flask both for dps and defense. Make sure to have flat fire damage somewhere in order to ignite enemies.

Make sure to use a Diamond Flask, cause it will skyrocket your dps.

Don't forget to use flasks with freeze/burn/bleed/curse removal.
Note that you can skip the freeze one if your Watcher's Eye grants freeze immunity (you can read more about this in the "Jewels" section).

I have bleed removal on my life flask and I have a Diamond with curse removal and one with burn removal that I swap depending on the situation/map that i'm going to face.

My Flasks

Jewels

Watcher's Eye with the +# Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline mod is super juicy for sustaining ehp.

A Doryani's Glorius Vanity will corrupt a nearby keystone into Corrupted Soul which causes 50% of Non-Chaos damage taken to bypass Energy shield and grants 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield.
Both are super good for hybrid builds and since we are one this jewel is super good for us.
I've socketed it in the jewel socket below Pain Attunement.

You only need one Frozen Trial, but 2 are more fun.

For rare jewels, there's a fairly amount of good mods for the build that can roll on those.
Below you can find the mods to search for both types of jewels and links to pre-made PoE Trade search forms.

Mods to search on Regular Jewels

Prefixes:
#% increased Cold Damage
#% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield
+#% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Cold Skills
#% increased maximum Life
#% increased maximum Energy Shield

Suffixes:
#% increased Spell Damage
#% increased Damage
+#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+#% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
+#% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
Mods to search on Abyss Jewels

Prefixes:
+# to maximum Life
+# to maximum Energy Shield
Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells while holding a Shield

Suffixes:
Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells
+#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+#% to Critical Strike Multiplier if you've Killed Recently
#% increased Damage if you've Killed Recently
Damage Penetrates #% Elemental Resistance if you haven't Killed Recently

My Jewels

Spoiler

Main link in order of priority (6L)
Cyclone + CoC + Crit Strikes + (Vaal) Ice Nova + Hypothermia + Inc AoE/Conc Effect

The Vaal version of Ice Nova isn't required, it adds just a little bit of fun every now and then.

Cospri Setup (3L)
Ice Nova + Frosbolt + Cold Pen

Frosbolt is mandatory to access the Ice Nova/Frosbolt.
I've slotted in a second Ice Nova, but there are some other skills you can try, like Freezing Pulse or Discharge

Movement Skill (3L)
Leap Slam + Fortify + Faster Attacks

Bonechill Setup (4L)
Vortex + Bonechill + Unbound Ailments + Arcane Surge (7)

Vortex ground effect chills for 10% and this can be scaled with more ailment or chill effect.
Bonechill (44% effect) and Unbound Ailments (30% effect) will bring the chilling effect from 10% to 17%, thus making enemies take 17% increased damage.

Cast when Damage Taken setup (4L)
CwDT (1) + Immortal Call (3) + Frost Bomb (10) + Summon Chaos Golem (3)

I use Summon Chaos Golem for the phys damage reduction, but pretty much every one of them is nice for the build, so feel free to use the one that you like the most.

Non linked skills
Herald of Ice - for dps and clear
Flesh and Stone - will make enemies blind and your cyclone bigger. USE IT IN SAND STANCE
Discipline - in conjunction with Watcher's Eye mod)
Vaal Righteous Fire - deeps

notice that all of this can be socketed in the same items and lvl scaled with "+1 level to aoe gems" or other similar mods

TBD

TBD

Gameplay

T12 Map - Double Colosseum Boss

T16 Map - 1st Phoenix Kill
this also shows that ele reflect is easily doable if you spec Yugul

TBD

changelog:
  • Jun 24, 2019 - Started the 3.7 guide

to do:
  • A lot
Last edited by tufferugli on Jun 24, 2019, 8:19:51 PM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2019, 11:27:09 AM
Hi...some questions

1-Could this build clear an entire monolith and his guardians with vaal ice nova like an essence drain build?. Because some people say yes and others say it cant take the important rares with the rewards, that just clear the common soldiers. Can you do monolith in high tiers?

2- Can you deal with endgame bosses? Up to what tier you feel safe with this build and avoid deaths?.

Last edited by yissus on Jun 24, 2019, 5:13:29 PM
"
yissus wrote:
Hi...some questions

1-Could this build clear an entire monolith and his guardians with vaal ice nova like an essence drain build?. Because some people say yes and others say it cant take the important rares with the rewards, that just clear the common soldiers. Can you do monolith in high tiers?

2- Can you deal with endgame bosses? Up to what tier you feel safe with this build and avoid deaths?.

1) for me it only clears the common soldiers, but that's to expected: it's only supported by 2 damage links while clearing (inc crit and hypothermia) and only one works against them (hypothermia needs the target to be chilled in order to work).

2) maps till t15 aren't a problem at all. legions are actually funny on this build and not scary at all.
i've done red elder and his guardian without much problems (face tanked them pretty much).
for shaper guardians it depends on the map mods.
so far i've downed all of them except mino, because the one i rolled was pretty much impossible (ele equilibrium, 40% ele res, extra life, vuln, extra cold and some other shit).

i've added my first phoenix kill that in comparison went super smooth (ele reflect, vuln, extra light).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN65ONGGwD0

This looks super interesting and fun. I'll give it a go :D
you think its hardcore vialable for t10-t15 ?
So it's basicly CheeQuee ice nova guide except he talked about core build mechanics. You have to know how much attack speed you can have in order to work this build perfectly.
Build muito boa.

Pastbin da build: https://pastebin.com/BXV30mfR
Can we get an update for the PoB and leveling process?
Yeah, please post your PoB
Playing around with this now. What do you think about running Frostbite instead of Cold Pen so you get a benefit to the cyclone? Also Carcass Jack for boost to AOE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info