How To Be All Elemental Ailment and Stun Immune On Any Build

Apparently ailment (beyond just freeze, which you can cancel with a flask) immunity is a big deal for a lot of people, but they typically rely on either their ascendancy or some uniques to get it. However, it's quite possible (and yes, cheap) to get this on ANY build, regardless of ascendancy, if you know what to look for. PoE has so many crafts and passive nodes by this point that many seem to fly under the radar, so this post is an attempt to highlight a couple of them. Also, I'm deliberately excluding any methods that are tied to some sort of condition - there are LOADS of ways to do this that specify some requirement or trigger or require you to do something to have it - these are not mentioned here, only Always On Immunity. So...

Elemental Ailment Immunity

You can get elemental ailment immunity on any build just by taking the Crystal Skin passive cluster between Duelist and Ranger and then crafting two of the '25% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments' suffixes onto your gloves and helm. BAM! You're now immune to Chill, Freeze, Shock and Ignite at the cost of 5 passive points and two suffixes on gear. Can even make it 4 passive points if you drop the Ignite node, since that rarely matters. And yes, it makes you immune to the relevant ground effect as well.

Also, that craft is a regular one i.e. it falls under Helena - you get it from maps - so no need to worry about it being part of Jun's bs veiled mod unlock system. If you ARE willing to rely on those crafts, Jun offers upto 35% Chance to Avoid BOTH Elemental Ailments AND Stun to craft on body armors.

Stun Immunity

Now for stun, the relevant power passives are the Heart of Oak cluster in the Ranger area (it also gives life!). That gets you 36% stun avoidance for 3 points. Now you can either use multi-modding to craft Helena's 25% stun avoidance mod (also on gloves and helms) OR save yourself an affix by instead putting Jun's 35% stun avoidance mod on your chest. That leaves you a bit short of 100%, however, in comes one of the least valued mods on Abyss jewels to cap out your avoidance (Abyss jewels can roll upto 10% stun avoidance, and it's usually not valued and hence cheap). Btw, jewels can also roll upto 10% of each elemental ailment avoidance, but imo it's far more feasible to just use the Crystal Skin cluster for that rather than slotting in tons of jewel sockets.

Worth?

Now, the question arises as to whether this is worth it (and I'm going to assume here that you're not playing an ascendancy or using a unique that grants you these bonuses as part of the package). Well, if you go with the Jun chest armor craft for stuns, the final cost to be immune to both all elemental ailments and stun is 8 passive points (they also give 8% life, 1% life regen, 4% movespeed, 10% ele resists, 5% chance to avoid ele damage when hit and 5% reduced ele damage taken), three affix slots on gloves, helm and body armour and 1 affix on 3 of your jewels. I'll leave you all to decide if that's a worthwhile investment. You can, of course, invest less for less protection, such as only removing ailments or only being stun immune or dropping the ignite, etc.

If you know of any other, better strategies, feel free to share them below. But please remember the spirit of this post - always on immunity and universal access i.e. nothing tied to specific ascendancies, skills or uniques or that requires some kind of condition, action or trigger to enable it (unless said trigger or action is naturally always up, such as whenever you're attacking, for instance).
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 25, 2019, 9:28:35 PM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2019, 9:49:52 AM
TL:DR
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Hasunic wrote:
TL:DR

Why do you think I've bolded some of the text? Also, if you can't be bothered to read a few paragraphs, I can't be bothered to help you. I'll leave the post up for people who care enough for the mechanic to read through it. Or, alternately, someone who cares enough about you to indulge your unwillingness to read. Maybe someone else will come along later to take some screenshots of the stuff mentioned in order to provide a visual guide, but I'm happy to leave that to said 'someone else'.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 24, 2019, 7:06:57 AM
not for every build but ok.
Some things to consider are that 8 passive points are alot and that you can get immunity to stuns on pretty much any duelist or marauder subclass and immunity to freeze and shock on your flasks.

Other than that i was thinkking about such a build long ago, but i always lack the spare skill points. The buffed Crystal Skin might be worth it now, though.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think the takeaway from this is the devs significantly buffed Crystal Skin at some point and no one cared or noticed.

Sort of. As mentioned in the first paragraph, my motive for posting this was mainly to bring some attention to these nodes and crafts as a possibility, since there's so many crafts and mods in the game by now that many don't get enough attention. Even many Duelists and Rangers don't make use of these options, and I suspect I know why - it's likely because what you really want is complete immunity, anything less isn't acceptable since, for instance, it won't protect you from ground effects. So I wished to let people know that you CAN relatively easily stack that avoidance upto 100%. Basically a similar motive as what prompted this Reddit post (on trappers) a year ago - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8n9fmk/for_those_new_to_trapper_builds_there_exists_an/
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 24, 2019, 8:03:43 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
on any build
Crystal Skin
Heart of Oak
Witch and Templar say hello. Or, rather, "fuck no".

"
Exile009 wrote:
If you know of any other, better strategies, feel free to share them below. But please remember the spirit of this post - always on immunity and universal access i.e. nothing tied to specific ascendancies, skills or uniques or that requires some kind of condition, action or trigger to enable it (unless said trigger or action is naturally always up, such as whenever you're attacking, for instance).
That's... strange. Your method requires mandatory traveling to 2 passive nodes in southeastern part of skill tree and it is considered OK, but ascendancies are somehow not? Same thing for master crafts - they are allowed, but uniques are restricted for some reason? dafuq is this "logic"? care to explain?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think the takeaway from this is the devs significantly buffed Crystal Skin at some point and no one cared or noticed.

Why would they care? Flasks make you immune to all the ailments if you want anyway :p if it gave total immunity some people might take it... but only so they could run better flasks.
Indecisive noob. It definitely isn't worth it.

Even for a ranger it wouldn't be all that great.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Why would they care? Flasks make you immune to all the ailments if you want anyway :p if it gave total immunity some people might take it... but only so they could run better flasks.

I know at least Tarke does take it. And plenty of folks on Reddit were intrigued by the idea too. Especially since, as people here don't seem to have noticed in the post, Crystal Skin was buffed. Besides being in a more convenient location now, it also gives 10% ele resists, 5% chance to avoid ele damage when hit and 5% reduced ele damage taken. Those last two are hardly anything to sniff at.

Plus err...it does give total immunity? Did you even read the post? Or are you expecting an elemental cluster to make you immune to bleed and poison too? There are also options for those as well, btw.

Anyway, have fun playing the piano all day with your beloved flasks. I'll just be here not doing that or, instead, fitting in more powerful (including unique) flasks. To each their own, bro.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 25, 2019, 8:16:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info