Firestorm Totems? What gems would be good with Firestorm?

I'd like to try a double totem, Firestorm build with emphasis on critical strikes. I know this would require a bit of progress before becoming fully effect. I would also focus on using The Searing Touch as my main weapon (likely forever?).

I was thinking of something like: Spell Totem > Firestorm > Faster Casting > Increased Area of Effect > Concentrated Effect. This is only a 5-linked, so I think it's very reasonable. I'm not sure what I'd use as the last gem.

I used quite a lot of points, but I think it'll be easy for me to obtain if I put in the work for it, I have a level 70 now :). I'd love feedback!
Last edited by Jakzca on Mar 14, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
Increased Critical Strikes? O-o You can also take Incr. AoE off and replace it for Fire Penetration or Crit Dmg.
Yeah, I've thought about Increased Critical Strike Damage and Fire Penetration. I just don't want Concentrated Effect decreasing the Area of Effect too much. :) Thanks for the reply.
Last edited by Jakzca on Mar 14, 2013, 12:20:31 AM
Increased Duration > Faster Casting on Firestorm, because it will increase the duration of each cast Firestorm by a huge amount and mana won't be the issue. I don't think that increased AoE is necessary, because you get both bigger Passives and will therefore have bigger AoE even with Conc Effect. Also AoE makes the complete Area larger, which might make it hit less practically (haven't tried it). I would instead replace Increased AoE with Fire Penetration, because it gives extremly significant damage or replaces your curse basically. Then you could use Temporal Chains to handle Mobs better. This will probably be your biggest problem.

Also I find that Pyromaniac isn't useful with Firestorm, because of the Damage Effectiveness of each hit being very low and therefore having weak Burning Damage.
Hi Hubey,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I think my build will work well as a boss killer. Instead of using Increased Area of Effect, I could use Increased Duration. I didn't know about burning damage being really weak with Firestorm. This could really change my build up (good thing I just started! ).

I could take away the Area of Effect passives, and Burning passives and aim it towards Cast Speed nodes, and Fire/Elemental Damages nodes instead.

Spell Totem > Firestorm > Faster Casting > Increased Duration > Concentrated Effect > Fire Penetration in an ideal 6-slot situation. I think the penalty on Concentrated Effect goes way down at higher ranks.

I took the AoE, and Pyromaniac points out. Instead of going down (for my first few points), I went up for elemental damage (spell damage basically) and then I put the rest into the witch tree for cast speed and spell damage. I'll also probably end up taking the cast speed quest reward from Alira in Cruel (I think?). What do you think about this? :)

Last edited by Jakzca on Mar 14, 2013, 2:27:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info