[3.7] Divine Flesh RF 90% Chaos Resistance Tank

Hey there this is a brief guide explaining the concepts of Divine Flesh in combination with Righteous Fire.

Pros:

Spoiler

- Very strong resistances
- Active playstyle
- High HP pool
- Good physical mitigation
- Good for bosses and lab running

Cons:

Spoiler

- Active playstyle
- Expensive to gear
- Not beginner friendly
- Not a build for farming Legion content

Anyway, a few notes about the build:

The jewel, glorious vanity (xabiaqua) gives divine flesh. There are three places that you can use this jewel in this build.

By Avatar of Fire, this means losing holy fire so this is the least desirable option for us.

Above Resolute Technique, here we lose life and arsonist.

By Iron Grip, probably the most optimal place, in terms of not destroying the two previous areas.

The important thing here, is that you need +1 max chaos res on a notable to hit the 90 cap, unless you have +1 max chaos resistance some other way (corrupted Kaoms for example).

Chieftain was chosen because we get more burning damage and another 15% more damage when using immortal call (expending 5 endurance charges gives 3% more damage up to a maximum of 15% - which synergises well with the new immortal call using a maximum of 5 charges).

Another benefit of Chieftain is the fire resistance which makes it easier to cap chaos resistance. The 10% phys as fire damage taken also means we have even more mitigation, which we further improve with a corrupted saffels that you can see below (this also gives +4 to max chaos resistance) and Taste of Hate which gives 20% of physical damage taken as cold. This can be further improved with a watchers eye.

Granite and endurance charges put us around 87% tooltip phys mitigation, so we need to make sure those endurance charges are up as often as possible. Remember, this mitigation will be lower against the most deadly bosses due to armour mechanics so if you're not aware of those I'd recommend doing a little research into how armour actually works in Path of Exile.

Remember that divine flesh means we take half of elemental damage as chaos damage, so my 86 81 81 90 resistance is effectively 88 85.5 85.5 90. I have run -10 max and with a couple of charges and we are not degening.

And yes, the divine flesh does apply to the RF degen!

We definitely don't need to run vitality on this build, so mainly Malevolance + Purity of Fire is the combination we run. Have a Purity of Ice at level 20, for when it is suitable (shaper/elder for example). Physical degen is a big weaknesss for us so we want a watchers eye with "Unaffected by bleeding" on a Malevolance watchers eye.

Two more weaknesses other than bleeding are cold degen and rare mobs with Nullifier. Cold degen you'll need to avoid mechanically and nullifier mobs you want to hit your immortal call and burst them down. Careful if they're a particularly tanky rare mob or red beast.

I use immortal call manually, as to keep charges up when desired, and when I do I immediately use enduring cry afterwards. I have about 2-3 seconds duration on IC with no investment into skill duration. Another way to generate Endurance charges is to spam click SR with the 35% chance to gain a charge when using a fire skill. Mainly this is just if your charges are down before a boss room. Careful using immortal call on a boss with no additional monsters, but you can just spam click SR if you are relatively safe from boss damage.

Here is a link to Poe Ninja so you can see POB/skill tree/items (as you can see I'm yet to take EO or EE, which is what I was previously mentioning, however as I'm at 9.7k hp it is plausible that some life could be dropped, or even soul of steel as the max res isn't as valuable as usual). Some people might prefer to use Might of the Meek by trolls blood, but as we lost damage at holy fire I wanted the 40% DOT and I think adamant is really strong with immortal call.

Poeninja:

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/ckay27/EngFinXXVII?i=7&search=sort%3Dlife%26dps%3DRighteous-Fire

Current POB at level 94:

https://pastebin.com/RhNN8h0d

You can also go onto PoB, select import/export from the top left, then put in my account name and select EngFinXXVII from the list. Then click on the two buttons below to load in the skill tree, gems and items etc.

We also need to take Shakari and Arakaali for more damage reduction. We only really need to upgrade the reduced shock on Arakaali.

Current gear:

(Current) Jewels:

These jewels can be better, I'll keep the watchers eye for low level content, but life recovery on Malevolence, phys taken as fire on Purity of Fire and DoT dmg on Malevolence are obviously big potential upgrades.

I might stream in the next few days if I can set it up again properly, if there is interest in this please let me know so I am more motivated to do so.

You're also welcome to PM me ingame EngfinXXVII. Please try and catch me when I'm in my hideout, so I can concentrate on whatever content I might be doing.

I will come back to this over the next few days and try to add more content (currently trying to add some screenshots), what items would be further desirable and any strengths and weaknesses. This is the first time I've done a build guide so please bear with me. And also thanks for reading! Have a great day!

Disclaimer: I have not tried to degen to 1hp with RF. I'm not sure how the 50% chaos dmg would interact and whether it would kill me. If someone has, please let me know.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
Last edited by ckay27 on Jun 28, 2019, 5:50:28 PM
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2019, 7:32:07 AM
Awesome guide, ill have to ttest this. LOOK OOPPEPPP!
One of the stronger RF versions I have seen
Prolly one of the highest potentials for glorious vanity/ divine flesh

Nice idea.

One quick question. Do you know if Soul of Shakari's reduced damage taken while in a caustic cloud applies to clouds created by you? My guess is no since your own clouds don't create a debuff on your bars, but I haven't tested Shakari with this before.
"
Deadseeds wrote:
Nice idea.

One quick question. Do you know if Soul of Shakari's reduced damage taken while in a caustic cloud applies to clouds created by you? My guess is no since your own clouds don't create a debuff on your bars, but I haven't tested Shakari with this before.

Thanks.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure and it would be extremely difficult for me to test on this character but I think your presumption is right, based on Steppan Eard's interaction that it only works on ground created from non player sources.
I swear i had 96% chaos resist against damage over time on my ranger in delve league if RF degen gets taken as chaos from divine flesh wouldn't upgrading the chaos dot resistance on arakalli work?

This is pretty much exactly the build i was suggesting to the 2 RF builds floating around Demi's and Holy RF
Last edited by Fhenoix on Jun 20, 2019, 6:47:56 PM
"
Fhenoix wrote:
I swear i had 96% chaos resist against damage over time on my ranger in delve league if RF degen gets taken as chaos from divine flesh wouldn't upgrading the chaos dot resistance on arakalli work?

This is pretty much exactly the build i was suggesting to the 2 RF builds floating around Demi's and Holy RF

I'll try and get the soul captured and test it but I thought it was capped at 90?
I wanted to make a similar use of Divine Flesh and saw this build. Had 2 questions:

Is it positive that RF degen is converted to chaos damage as well? Because for the longest time degen effects did not get converted since the damage conversion mechanic always required a hit check. Is this not the case anymore or is it specific to divine flesh?

Also, why not take 2 x Divine Flesh keystones for 100% chaos conversion?
"
krc86 wrote:
I wanted to make a similar use of Divine Flesh and saw this build. Had 2 questions:

Is it positive that RF degen is converted to chaos damage as well? Because for the longest time degen effects did not get converted since the damage conversion mechanic always required a hit check. Is this not the case anymore or is it specific to divine flesh?

This one I can answer with 100%. I can run RF with no vitality and no purity of fire at around 1130 regen (at an earlier stage) with over 9k life still. And if I take some chaos resistance off I degen super fast with RF on.

I took 2x keystones to test this other idea of yours and it does not work. I was degening at exactly the same rate.
"
ckay27 wrote:
"
krc86 wrote:

This one I can answer with 100%. I can run RF with no vitality and no purity of fire at around 1130 regen (at an earlier stage) with over 9k life still. And if I take some chaos resistance off I degen super fast with RF on.

I took 2x keystones to test this other idea of yours and it does not work. I was degening at exactly the same rate.

Thank you for testing it to confirm! Too bad divine flesh x 2 doesn't work but it's surprising for me to know that degen effects can convert damage types.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info