[3.7] Throwing Ice || Spectral Shield Throw 100% Cold Conversion || All Content || Hardcore Viable

triple post? Oo
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 19, 2019, 1:06:46 AM
double post
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 19, 2019, 1:02:03 AM
"
What do you mean "little to no benefit" to crit? I'm at almost 800k Shaper dps at only level 80 playing as crit, with out flasks up. Seems gud?

Imported your character, swapped to no-crit while making no changes to your gear, and keeping soul of steel instead of acro.

Only "gear" change I made was swap your 18/18 crit strikes for vicious proj. And disabled assassin's mark for lv 5 frostbite, assuming you'd change CoH rings.

Then swapped to passive tree in guide.

Nearly identical damage. Now take into account that those crit mods on your gear "take up" other damage mods non-crit can use.

I'm not saying crit is worse, but it's more expensive without providing dps increases at a "reasonable" budget (40ex or less), while also being harder to gear.

I've tried both, and from personal experience no-crit seemed the way to go.
It's EASILY the same as your way, if not more dps. That's not" little to no benefit", that's just different. Just saying.

Edit: just made this thing for like...5 exalt in expenses:

The only way to do this that's better in my mind is Eternity Shroud. Now THAT is expensive.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 20, 2019, 3:00:46 AM
Excited to start leveling this build today. I tried your method of making a 3k armor shield and was succesful, just not with multi-modding. I used around 300 dense fossils and only got t1 armor + t1 %armor twice. Both times it had a bad prefix and the annul removed one of the armor mods. I happened to just roll this naturally and I think it should work just fine :)

First off, thanks for the build guide! Only level 78 atm, but already doing red maps and it's been a breeze. Got pretty solid gear going, and will be multi-modding my weapon and adding "the taming" for my second ring slot.

With that said, I was messing around with the tree, and I came up with this:
https://pastebin.com/YtAXszgh

Would you mind taking a look? Prefer the phys reduction this league over Phase Acro, and with this, I should be over 6k life and about 50% phys reduction with no flasks or buffs. The upside is, I get about 400-500k more damage, but the downside is, I lose about 15% life.

As I haven't played SST before this, would appreciate your input. Thanks!
"
Phizeek wrote:
First off, thanks for the build guide! Only level 78 atm, but already doing red maps and it's been a breeze. Got pretty solid gear going, and will be multi-modding my weapon and adding "the taming" for my second ring slot.

With that said, I was messing around with the tree, and I came up with this:
https://pastebin.com/YtAXszgh

Would you mind taking a look? Prefer the phys reduction this league over Phase Acro, and with this, I should be over 6k life and about 50% phys reduction with no flasks or buffs. The upside is, I get about 400-500k more damage, but the downside is, I lose about 15% life.

As I haven't played SST before this, would appreciate your input. Thanks!

I probably wouldn't skip soul of steel. Try removing the extra damage nodes, and if you don't notice a difference in delve/t16 then swap to defense oriented passive. You may not notice dealing more damage, but you will notice if you die.
Anyone help me out on what I should upgrade next?

Need -cold resist on nearby enemies on helm i know that.
I'll be updating this for 3.8 when the patch notes come out. I don't know if I'll league-start with it as I do enjoy summoner builds, but I'll set something up in standard to see if it's still viable :)
I playn it as a leagestarter. Did few my own things, like start with the bow and respec after getting tabula, but then i just cleared all to t15. Gloomfang helping a lot, rings and helmet are what i get on act 10, its literally doesnt bother me now. Few hours ago switched from Lioneye Remorse for able to beat hydra. My single target still a bit low, gonna get that nomad belt after hitting minus manacost on chest, still waiting for good base. Ty for guide, seems like its best budget build for aoe, if you have someone to single target for you. Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info