[3.9] Can't Touch This! Glacial Hammer JUGG league starter

CWDT with Frost wall might be a good idea for more shotgunning potential
"
abcgum09 wrote:
CWDT with Frost wall might be a good idea for more shotgunning potential

Thank you for this information.
I have posted two new videos, one shaper kill and a minotaur kill to showcase the the ice wall shotgun.
Quite an interesting build. I'm running something similar (though I went Slayer for the base crit and extra range).

I've not defeated Shaper yet, but with the Ice Wall thing, I'm pretty hopeful, that it will be possible.

Much obliged.
Okay, so for my second char this league I tried your glacial hammer build. It's pretty fun!

But: I have some problems... I lack damage (can't even free half of the legion mobs in T11/12) and I'm dying pretty often (5k life, molten shell up, fortify with leapslam, 16k armour with flask up). I know, the third and fourth lab is missing, which will give me some more survivability (unbreakable), but I don't see me surviving the uber lab :D

I invested about 2,5 ex in this char already. Have some more that I could spend.

Do you have any tips on how to improve the build?

My playstyle:
Turn on flasks and molten shell, leapslam in group (fortify procs), glacial hammer. If it's a boss or some hard legion mob, I drop the totem. And then I'm dying lol.

http://poeurl.com/cvdh
Last edited by razerion_ger on Jul 1, 2019, 8:54:17 AM
Not the OP, but as I mentioned I play GH as well.

There are a few pretty easy (and cheap) fixes:

1) You have Cameria's Maul in the weapon slots; these (imo) don't really cut it for yellow and higher tier maps, replace them with Doryanis. This alone will already almost double your dps.

2) Not quite as bad, but you have the wrong enchantment on your helmet (15% Physical as extra Cold is quite a bit better). But I know GH Hammer isn't meta (or even popular) so getting one with the right enchantment can be quite hard...

3) You are using Multi-Strike AND Ancestral Call. If you feel like you don't have enough DPS, cut one of them for a more damaging support gem. (Since Glacial Hammer has Melee Splash from Winter Burial already I really don't think you'll ever need both tbh).

4) You are not using a Tempered Flesh (or Ascendant Flesh later on) Jewel in the Slot above Juggernaut yet (will be 70% extra crit multi).

There are other things that you can do as well, but those require more work and/or are more expensive.

You can get Impresence and Frostbite. You can get 25% Phys to Cold on Gloves and cut away a good chunk of the right side of the tree to cut down on travelling nodes.

When you feel you are defensive enough, cut away one of the Life Flasks and replace it with an offensive Flask (I'd prefer Silver).

You also have quite low crit, so getting some on equipment probably wouldn't be bad (but probably expensive...)
"
RedArchol wrote:
Not the OP, but as I mentioned I play GH as well.

There are a few pretty easy (and cheap) fixes:

1) You have Cameria's Maul in the weapon slots; these (imo) don't really cut it for yellow and higher tier maps, replace them with Doryanis. This alone will already almost double your dps.

2) Not quite as bad, but you have the wrong enchantment on your helmet (15% Physical as extra Cold is quite a bit better). But I know GH Hammer isn't meta (or even popular) so getting one with the right enchantment can be quite hard...

3) You are using Multi-Strike AND Ancestral Call. If you feel like you don't have enough DPS, cut one of them for a more damaging support gem. (Since Glacial Hammer has Melee Splash from Winter Burial already I really don't think you'll ever need both tbh).

4) You are not using a Tempered Flesh (or Ascendant Flesh later on) Jewel in the Slot above Juggernaut yet (will be 70% extra crit multi).

There are other things that you can do as well, but those require more work and/or are more expensive.

You can get Impresence and Frostbite. You can get 25% Phys to Cold on Gloves and cut away a good chunk of the right side of the tree to cut down on travelling nodes.

When you feel you are defensive enough, cut away one of the Life Flasks and replace it with an offensive Flask (I'd prefer Silver).

You also have quite low crit, so getting some on equipment probably wouldn't be bad (but probably expensive...)

Thanks for the reply :)

1) I know, but I donbt have enough Int and I don't know how to obtain it right now.

2) Will look for one and try to sell my current one

3) Yeah, was wondering the same a bit, but that is what's in the guide. I changed it accordingly (ruthless atm)

4) I want to stack some more crit on my gear before buying that jewel.

Impresence is on my "to buy" list as well.

What are some of the other expensive things I can do?

I just ran the last two labs. I might be a bit tankier now :D
1) Take Big Int nodes and/or Versatility (20 Int). The DPS gain will 100% be bigger, than whatever you needed to spec out of.
Or take Int on equipment (rings is usually pretty cheap, though you might need to compromise on other stats).

4) Your call, but I'd be really surprised, if it wasn't a decent damage increase already. (It's also really cheap)

Other things to consider:

Offensive Flasks (Lion's Roar is imo really good; Atziri is decent; Heart of the Oak is decent if you can fit it in your setup; Taste of Hate seems questionable for its cost).

Mark of the Elder (+a shaper ring for the other ring slot obviously).
[you won't be able to do both that and a Warlord's Ring both sadly and obviously].

Stygian Vise + Jewel
Jewels on tree
Maim Chest (a bit dubious for the cost, because no physical damage)
wWatcher's Eye

Better equipment in general...

-Updated pastebin with final tree
-Updated endgame gear section with new crafted body armour and watcher's eye jewel

This will probably be my final update for the build this league as I am working on another build. I will still be checking over the thread as much as possible to answer any questions.
Just wanted to stop in here and say that I just reallocated one of my Marauders from earlier in the league to this build (Jugg version). And...it's insanely stupid with the Frost Wall shotgun.

Some differences:

-I'm using an Impresence for the free Frostbite aura, which is a negligible DPS loss from Assassin's mark with the benefit of extra freeze chance and allowing for more freedom on picking out a nicer Elder ring with life + res + damage and room for crafts.

-Crafted Spiked Gloves are Life + Attack Speed + #% Phys converted to Cold + #% Damage during Flask Effect + Non-Vaal Skill's deal #% increased Damage during Soul Prevention (since I pop Vaal Molten Shell at the beginning of every major fight).

-Using a Transcendant Flesh in the jewel socket under the "Stamina" endurance charge node.

-Using a Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel in the socket next to Golem's Blood for the Karui bonus on all the notables in the area.

-I also chose to go with Craiceann's Carapace as my chest piece for the huge armour bonus, immunity to bleeding, and Aspect of the Crab. Throwing Hatred and Herald of Ice in a 3-Link with an Enlighten and dropping War Banner for the Crab skill brings the build up to a whopping 90% physical damage reduction.

-Immunity to bleeding lets us run a 50% Recovery/90%+ increased Armour Flask instead for our main life flask.

Farming Uber Lab with only 5k life is a breeze, and just about every boss in the game is a total joke (especially Rigwald, who is normally a problem for me with a lot of builds, but does fuck-all to this beefcake). Face-tank's most things (except obvious 1-shots). 3-hits every boss. I'm at ~600k average hit damage with 2.5 mil Shaper dps, and that's not even calculating the Frost Wall shotgun which is essentially 3x that damage (so like, 1.8 mil per hit, 7.5 mil dps), or the Non-Vaal Skill Damage during Soul Gain Prevention craft that PoB somehow doesn't calculate (same with the Timeless Legion Jewel).

All in all, more than impressed with this build. 10/10, would throw lots of money at again.

*EDIT* For the record, Vaal Glacial Hammer works just as well for shotgunning, you just can't spam it as much as Frost Wall, but you do get a modest 3 uses out of it. Someone looking to save space on their gem links could just as easily drop Frost Wall and use Vaal Glacial Hammer for bossing. Quality of the gem doesn't matter for us, since it only increases chill duration, a seemingly useless stat as we can burst down every boss in the game long before the default chill duration ever wears off.
Last edited by CrowMagnum on Jul 11, 2019, 6:17:17 PM
"
CrowMagnum wrote:
Just wanted to stop in here and say that I just reallocated one of my Marauders from earlier in the league to this build (Jugg version). And...it's insanely stupid with the Frost Wall shotgun.

Some differences:

-I'm using an Impresence for the free Frostbite aura, which is a negligible DPS loss from Assassin's mark with the benefit of extra freeze chance and allowing for more freedom on picking out a nicer Elder ring with life + res + damage and room for crafts.

-Crafted Spiked Gloves are Life + Attack Speed + #% Phys converted to Cold + #% Damage during Flask Effect + Non-Vaal Skill's deal #% increased Damage during Soul Prevention (since I pop Vaal Molten Shell at the beginning of every major fight).

-Using a Transcendant Flesh in the jewel socket under the "Stamina" endurance charge node.

-Using a Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel in the socket next to Golem's Blood for the Karui bonus on all the notables in the area.

-I also chose to go with Craiceann's Carapace as my chest piece for the huge armour bonus, immunity to bleeding, and Aspect of the Crab. Throwing Hatred and Herald of Ice in a 3-Link with an Enlighten and dropping War Banner for the Crab skill brings the build up to a whopping 90% physical damage reduction.

-Immunity to bleeding lets us run a 50% Recovery/90%+ increased Armour Flask instead for our main life flask.

Farming Uber Lab with only 5k life is a breeze, and just about every boss in the game is a total joke (especially Rigwald, who is normally a problem for me with a lot of builds, but does fuck-all to this beefcake). Face-tank's most things (except obvious 1-shots). 3-hits every boss. I'm at ~600k average hit damage with 2.5 mil Shaper dps, and that's not even calculating the Frost Wall shotgun which is essentially 3x that damage (so like, 1.8 mil per hit, 7.5 mil dps), or the Non-Vaal Skill Damage during Soul Gain Prevention craft that PoB somehow doesn't calculate (same with the Timeless Legion Jewel).

All in all, more than impressed with this build. 10/10, would throw lots of money at again.

*EDIT* For the record, Vaal Glacial Hammer works just as well for shotgunning, you just can't spam it as much as Frost Wall, but you do get a modest 3 uses out of it. Someone looking to save space on their gem links could just as easily drop Frost Wall and use Vaal Glacial Hammer for bossing. Quality of the gem doesn't matter for us, since it only increases chill duration, a seemingly useless stat as we can burst down every boss in the game long before the default chill duration ever wears off.

Thanks for posting your experience with the build, along with the changes you made to it. It is nice to see other people playing this build or similar builds. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info