[Fixed in 3.8] Game is crashing if i alt-tab during area loading

It happens each time.

No error messages are displayed.

update:
Sometimes black screen instead of crash (have to kill PoE process using task manager).

other threads reporting same issue:
Game crashes when al+tabbing while changing instance
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Sep 23, 2019, 12:35:34 PM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2019, 2:04:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This just happened to me. I was leaving the butcher room and I tabbed over to my browser while the character was running to the door and it crashed when making the zone transition. I have not tested more than this one occurrence yet.
Run the game borderless. Pretty simple fix.
Bug is still actual in 3.7.2 patch.
While using Alt-Tab (in fullscreen mode) it even crashes in camp, hideout or (sometimes) in character selection screen.
Not solved in 3.7.3! Even in the login screen (directly after starting POE) it crashes now with Alt-Tab (e.g. for getting unlock code per email). This is a standard windows functionality and should be solved ASAP!
bump
This is really annoying. I can now not even use Alt-Tab in the character selection screen without a crash (and never in game)!
GGG: Could you please put this on your "High Priority Known Issues"?!
"
Th69 wrote:
This is really annoying. I can now not even use Alt-Tab in the character selection screen without a crash (and never in game)!
GGG: Could you please put this on your "High Priority Known Issues"?!

You might have different issue because for me game isn't crashing if i alt-tab in character selection.
OK, I've found the cause of the crash. I've used " --require-launch" as launch parameter for POE. After removing it, I can again use Alt-Tab without crashing (even in game or character selection screen).

But this should also be resolved (I've not tested further launch parameters)!

Edit: Too happy - just after writing here and switching back to POE I got a "blue screen"...

Edit 2: Win7 - 32bit
Last edited by Th69 on Jul 5, 2019, 3:06:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info