[3.7] Viper Strike Zerker | POISON FAILED | MeMe After All

"
I've been trying to make a DECENT VS build for quite some time but without success. Now with the melee balance and the upgraded passive tree i think it can be great.

It will never compete with god tier skills with built-in AoE for insane clear speed, but now its more than just doable.

UPDATES:
- Passive skill tree, now more efficient.
- Changed weapon to Claws.

Poison and Math

To make poison viable without it becoming a meme build you need to keep up all aspects of a good build: Survivability, DPS and Clear Speed.

Trying to min/max every of this aspect before was impossible before, now the passives nodes are more cramped together and Zerker is revamped, so we can focus on "double dipping" Viper Strike WAY MORE, even the new support gems (Ex.Fortify) helps now with more Melee Damage and Ailment Damage.

Survivability

Evasion got nerfed in 3.7 (on patch notes: Its easier to hit and BE hit), Viper Strike requires you to be on face with the mobs, So IRON REFLEXES is the key here, to be able to reach huge amounts of Armour, also we want a lot of life, this is the reason to not pick any character of the right side of the tree.

DPS

"Double Dipping" is the key

Nodes with both Damage and Ailment damage are now plenty available; and Zerker have tons of Attack Speed plus a very nice More Global Damage.

Clear Speed

The weakest part of the build, to offset it a little we use the extra speed from Triple Rage and the new Onslaught Passive.

GEMS:
Spoiler

Main Skill:
Viper Strike -> Fortify Support -> Vile Toxins -> Ancestral Call -> Rage Support -> Multistrike

Buffs:

- Berserk
- Grace
- Determination
- CWDT + Rallying Cry
- Vaal Molten Shell

EQUIPMENT:
Spoiler

Dual Wield Rare Claws with Life on Hit, Local AS and added phys.

The rest is the best rares you can find, there's no need to use garbage uniques like Dendobrate.

Lvl 80 Passive Tree

Pastebin Skill Tree
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/qMS9npBN

Final tree will depend on the performance of the build, I will update as i play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info