Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.7] Hopeshredder Slayer, Barrage + TS/Scourge Arrow. Ridiculous damage and leech.

"
MattDamonn wrote:
I'm doing your build too, because I always wanted to try this skill. Thanks for sharing. How is it working for you as Slayer? Is it a fun experience for you?

Also what are your thoughts on increasing clear speed (QoTF viable?) and MF gearing?

Its good as Slayer. Brutal Fervour feels good. Casual gaming cos of work and working through red maps, not lacking on anything (except HP cos some legion mobs one shot).

I currently have aorund 200% MS, enough to me for speed clear. Definitely use TS over Scourge if you want max speed. MF gearing is always sacrifing damage/survivability for MF items and fixing resists with whatever you have. Not planned for that at all, but you probably just want to go Windripper build for that.

"
TeeRoH wrote:
Also following your build!, currently working towards hyrri's ire for my chest. Is that what you would reccomend using up until farruls?, Also replaced infused channeling for added cold damage because i was reaching full stacks/ out of mana before getting the channeling bonus. In regards to tornado shot links would you use TS-Mirage-GMP-AddedCold-EDWA-IceBite??

I recommend Shroud of the Lightless before Farruls.

Gem links have lots of options, just PoB what is best. TS/Mirage/GPM/EDWA/Ice bite are for sure the best 5, 6th can be many things (like energy leech, added cold, cold pen...).

Also Im currently using Frenzy over Barrage because I dont want to invest in other options to generate Frenzy on pure single target. Even Scourge arrow is more than enough for any boss killing.

One thing I found this leagus is that The Retch is super mega cheap. Thanks to hopeshredder this build gets ~7% leech from attacks which translates to 14% more damage (as a dot). Would definitely recommend.

Also everyone should use r1 precision, its free 40% crit and some accuracy for 22 mana reserved.
Last edited by Netukka on Jun 10, 2019, 3:00:54 PM
Posted an update at the top of the thread about what I am at (lvl 90) in current league.
I'm playing bow with slayer too and I have some questions. I've never used hopeshredder before, how does it work? how do you sustain 200 damage taken per frenzy charge? and you're wearing The retch belt and I see that it has synergy with slayer's overleech, do you think it's a endgame unique? or is it better to get an endgame stygian vise? thanks
"
Netukka wrote:

PoB concept: https://pastebin.com/j85xBfKL

Just a note, I calculated all these PoB things from some build I had lying around in 3.5 and gear with that some of which I changed.

Nice, I love how you stole most of the setup and items from this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2232085
https://pastebin.com/tFVXR4Rh

At least give the original author credit dude.
ᴘᴜʀɪꜰɪᴇʀ
are you just using herald of ice and precision? i was having mana issues with hatred aswell and the damage is alot higher with just herald of ice and hatred
Having big mana issues, whether I use TS or SA. Definitely can't channel long enough to even get Infused Channeling buff, so not using it.

With Hatred and Herald of Ice, the mana pool is enough to cast 2-3 TS before I'm empty and with SA it drains the whole pool in one fully charged shot.

Yes, mana leech kicks in when I hit things, but it feels clunky...
"
Axovur wrote:
"
Netukka wrote:

PoB concept: https://pastebin.com/j85xBfKL

Just a note, I calculated all these PoB things from some build I had lying around in 3.5 and gear with that some of which I changed.

Nice, I love how you stole most of the setup and items from this build:

At least give the original author credit dude.

Credit where credit is due, ill edit the OP. That was one of the builds I used earlier and just changed the tree accordingly when making the initial concept.

The OP now does include what I for example have in the current league.

"
LudoGisa wrote:
Having big mana issues, whether I use TS or SA. Definitely can't channel long enough to even get Infused Channeling buff, so not using it.

With Hatred and Herald of Ice, the mana pool is enough to cast 2-3 TS before I'm empty and with SA it drains the whole pool in one fully charged shot.

Yes, mana leech kicks in when I hit things, but it feels clunky...

"
TeeRoH wrote:
are you just using herald of ice and precision? i was having mana issues with hatred aswell and the damage is alot higher with just herald of ice and hatred

Yes, mana is tight. You will reserve around 78% with r1 precision (make sure its r1!) so you definitely cant cast more than 1 fully charged Scourge arrow if you dont hit anything, thats just the nature of optimized builds with mana leech. As long as you are hitting anything, youre fine. If you want to you can squeeze in an enlighten with your Hatred/HoI, theres like one free gem slot in the gear.

With the change to scourge arrow (in which the charge up from 2->5 is MUCH faster), you will probably never trigger infused channeling even at 20/20 which is 0.6 seconds. The gem is still totally worth it for the 39% more damage (and other benefits of taking less damage while channeling).
From the 3.7.1 patch notes "Fixed a bug where Scourge Arrow gained stages much faster than intended." Patch coming later this week. Damn and I just rerolled to this, I hope it still feels ok after that fix.

Do you think Tornado Shot (with Dying Sun) will be as good as SA for clear speed?
Last edited by Seananigans_ on Jun 13, 2019, 2:36:51 PM
"
From the 3.7.1 patch notes "Fixed a bug where Scourge Arrow gained stages much faster than intended." Patch coming later this week. Damn and I just rerolled to this, I hope it still feels ok after that fix.

Do you think Tornado Shot (with Dying Sun) will be as good as SA for clear speed?

Oh so it was a bug instead of a change.

It is slower now but it definitely doesnt feel bad, what it was on 3.7 release was almost too fast and wasted your mana a lot. It will still feel perfectly fine. Also infused channeling is now definitely one of the best support gems since you can get the buff reliably (tested with 19/20 gem).

TS will likely be better if you invest in some pierce (like the +2 pierce node) or chain. Both work just fine.
What do you guys think about Hyrri's Ire as body armor?

or maybe something different?

i feel like there is a different, better option for armor unless its all about eye jewel stacking

im struggling with items as most of the recommended items are few exalts, even now The Retch went to 80c, so we should just use rares or maybe there are some other good options?

also about gloves,2 socket tombfist are few exalts so maybe there is some other unique that is cheaper.
Last edited by qetron1331 on Jun 15, 2019, 8:40:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info