[3.7] baseTheoryCraft JuggernautSpinToWin 90kArmor/ 5kLife/ 900K+DPS 9+EC WorkInProgress

BIG UPDATE COMING !!!!
(7/7/2019) -I've been playing this build since the begining of 3.7 and there is a big flaw on this character right now. Nebulochs are killing us. Because of Nebulochs, our sustainability for Fire damage is really low. Example, if we got burning ailement it's a big degen on life and we are unable to sustain it with life regen and leech. Vs Pheonix Guardian it is an instant fail. Shock too is a bane on us. Even with resist poitions, it is not enough.
I will be testing without Nebuloch's and maybe testing 2handed Mace instead.
I will reduce Armor, because after 50k armor it is useless.

My character right now PoB: https://pastebin.com/eaY9Szmx

INTRO

!!!NEW UPDATE 6/9/2019!!!

I tried to create a melee tanky/endurence charge/cyclone build.
NEW: PasteBin for the 3.7 passive tree is up!
In the next expansion if you don't already know, there will be a big change for melee builds and especially Cyclone that will become a more maniable channelling skill.

Since this build is in a theory state mode, the passive tree will be subject to change during the league soo come back some time to time to not miss the changes.

New Pastebin for Path of building 3.7: https://pastebin.com/pZg9YdDd (6/9/2019)
Old 3.7:
https://pastebin.com/j8sCf4fM
Old 3.6:
https://pastebin.com/6wRT5Ufd
https://pastebin.com/HrrJYmMG

UPDATE

June 9th 2019
-PoB Updated and Stats are up to date.
-Changed Maim for Concentrated Effect.
-Changed Added Fire for Pulverise.

June 6th 2019
-Passive Tree updated to 3.7.
-Some skill gem changes.
-New gem theory. Pulverise support!?
-Since Immortal Call and Molten Shell are guard skills and share the same cooldown, i will replace IC for MS in the 4 link setup.
-Vulnerablility will replace Punishment.
-Infused Channelling will replace Concentrated Effect.

May 29th 2019
-Removing Phase Run
Explanation:
I never used it before today. I thought it would have been a pretty good buff to use but i was wrong. I didn't understand at first how the skill worked and now i know why almost nobody recommend this in their build. The buff is basically removing itself if you use another skill.

-Steelskin brand new skill for 3.7 "Steelskin is a new defensive skill which is available very early in the game. It instantly hardens your skin, granting a damage barrier that absorbs 70% of all damage taken"

-War Banner skill added to the build
-More tips
-Updated Passive tree (NewPastebin) + updated Stats.

STATS
*According to PoB*

-Total DPS: 1M+ (nonShaperDPS and without Adrenaline active)
-Att. Rate: 12.73
-AoE Radius: 21

-Str: 500+
-Dex: 200
-Int: For requirements 111

-Life: 5k
-LifeRegen: 860+
-LifeLeeche/onHitRate: 1000+

-Mana: 680

-Armour: 90k+
-MovementSpeedMod: +142%

-All Res caped : 77Fire/76Cold/76Lightning/75Chaos

**I will try to find a way to reduce Armor for more Health in the future**

SKILL GEMS
*Right now I've put only 4 Linked Setup. Work in progress*

-Body Armour 6L: Cyclone//Infused Channelling//Melee Physical Damage//Endurence Charge on Melee Stun//Concentrated Effect//Pulverise

-Weapon1 3L: Vulnerablity//Blasphemy//Increased AoE

-Weapon2 3L: Blood Rage//Herald of Purity OR Herald of Ash//War Banner

-Helmet 4L: CWDT//Molten Shell//Increased Duration//Vaal Haste

-Gloves 4L: Leep Slam//Faster Attack//Summon Lightning Golem//Culling Strike

-Boots 4L: Ancestral Warchief//Fortify//Concentrated Effect//Multiple totems

**Special thanks to EizCaj for his great idea about Ancestral Warchief 4L setup and some ajustment with some skills**

*On my part I prefer the attack speed buff and AoE from Summoned Lighning Golem with a Culling Strike to clear my missing mobs.

GEAR
*Not soo cheap tho but can be manageable with yellows*
**Since 3.7 will revolve around melee character, I think the price for the items will skyrocket**

-Weapons: 2 Nebuloch, Nightmare Mace

-Body Armour: Bronn's Lithe, Cutthroat's Garb or a good replacement would be Carcass Jack, Varnished Coat

-Helmet: Rare ArmourHelmet with Life//Res//+Armour - Bonus: Life regen/sec

-Gloves: Rare ArmourGloves with Life//Res//+Armor - Some Attribute for Requirements or Some Accuracy

-Boots: BEST IN SLOT IF YOU'RE RICH Death's Door, Crusader Boots
Recommended if not rich enough:
Rare ArmorBoots with Life//res//Move Speed//Some Attribute for Requirements

-Belt: BEST IN SLOT IF YOU'RE RICH AF Headhunter, Leather Belt
Recommended if not rich enough:
The Magnate, Studded Belt - if you manage to have more than 200 int Fate it to The Tactician, Studded Belt

-Rings: 2 Kaom's Way, coral Ring

-Amulet: Carnage Heart, Onyx Amulet

-Flasks:
1-Atziri's Promise, Amethyst Flask
2-Sin's Rebirth, Stibnite Flask
3-Granite Flask with increased Armour//Increased Effect
4-Silver Flask with increased Armour//Increased duration
5-Quicksilver Flask with increased Movement speed//Increased duration

-Jewels: Rare jewels with Life%//Att.Speed(Dual Wield)//Accuracy//Damage(increased Damage or Global physical Damage)
Some Res can be helpful too if not capped.

TIPS

-The Passive Tree is Optimized DPS and Armour.
-For lower levels I recommande to get 3 jewels out of five and reduce some armour in the passive tree but keep in mind to cap the physical damage reduction.
-That much armour is a test for Molten Shell in Legion.
-You can remove Mana leech passive node if you find any mana leech on items or maybe from boots Lab enchantement.
-Because of Undeniable ascendancy passive, Accuracy is very important in this build because it adds alot more Attack speed. Thats one of the reason I suggested to add War Banner in this build.
-Place War Banner during bosses.

DISCLAIMER

This build is only on theory crafting right now. I never made a character close to that kind of build. It is still work in progress.

I'm not the best in that game but I appreciate all the creativity we can get for making builds in Path of Exile. If i missed something in my theory or you want to help me out optimize the build, please leave your idea in the comments section :) Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this kind of weird build im working on right now lol. I'll be devouted to this build in all 3.7 and will keep stuff updated as long as I can in Legion.
Last edited by weastbird on Jul 7, 2019, 4:44:05 PM
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2019, 7:51:56 PM
Very interesting! might give this.... a whirl
Very cool I must say. Like the idea.

I'm looking at playing something similar myself. Not decided exactly what, but this gave me some ideas.

I can see some problems with the build though:
- Going to be quite expensive to get that armor with five off colors.
- You are quite weak when you don't have all your endurance charges. Base resistance is only around 40. So I think I would add an Enduring cry.

Also looking forward using Molten Shell. Since it's now armor based this build could be pretty cool utilizing it. But let's see what it says =)

5k life
"
Tovli wrote:
Very cool I must say. Like the idea.

I'm looking at playing something similar myself. Not decided exactly what, but this gave me some ideas.

I can see some problems with the build though:
- Going to be quite expensive to get that armor with five off colors.
- You are quite weak when you don't have all your endurance charges. Base resistance is only around 40. So I think I would add an Enduring cry.

Also looking forward using Molten Shell. Since it's now armor based this build could be pretty cool utilizing it. But let's see what it says =)

It is true that 5 off color can be very expansive. I don't think this build will be budget friendly. I'll look for alternative when the time comes.
Yeah low resist is one of my biggest fear. But I think the generation of Endurance Charges will be insane. I'm only level 38 with a Juggernaut that is following this build and i generate already 5 EC in under a sec. Soo maybe it won't be to much of a probleme for farming. Vs boss i'm not quite sure for now.

Thanks for your advise ill take a deeper look into it in 3.7 :)
Last edited by weastbird on May 29, 2019, 4:47:30 PM
"
a_k_a wrote:
5k life

I know it's low for a melee build but ear me out on this. 90% physical reduction from armor + 9% to 11% more physical reductions from Unrelenting ascendancy passive. With all EC 75% and more ele and chaos res + Unrelenting 8% reduce ele damage + Nebuloch 18% to 22% reduce ele damage. over 1000 life leech rate and over 800 net Life regen.

I think 5k is enough to tank anything in the game with all of this.

If im wrong, I will update for more health Vs armour.

And it's dificult to get lots of life cuz of many uniques too.
"
Cliftonius_17 wrote:
Very interesting! might give this.... a whirl

I hope you will enjoy it! :)
Here is what I am looking at for this build:

Rev #3: https://pastebin.com/B8kzTFv0

I would love to hear opinions. Immortal Call very well might be replaced with steel skin.

Edit: Updated Build. Removed Phasing and added Enduring Cry and Temporal Chains.

Edit #2: Tweaked the Tech Tree a bit to get close to 800k damage.

Edit #3: Tweaked the Tech Tree a bit to get 799k damage.

Old Revisions:
Rev #1: https://pastebin.com/YaPxV9Ni
Rev #2: https://pastebin.com/jUh0GfBw
Last edited by Nulledout on May 31, 2019, 11:23:33 AM
Instead of Concentrated effet on Cyclone i would use Infused Channelling cause even if you lose a bit of dps, you gain quality of life in clear speed from the range + defensive stats

Instead of BV/Bladefall/Cwdt isn't it better to use Ancestral Warchief + chance to bleed + whatever for boss fights ?

Lion's Roar it not an option as granite flask used ?

Should we consider temporal chain "too much" since there is already Punishment as curse aura ?
Last edited by EizCaj on Jun 1, 2019, 12:32:24 AM
Will cyclone still be a movement skill? If its channeling then need to think of different body armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info