[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Hey Rake!

What do you think about using Hypothermia as a potential 6th link?
"
Hey Rake!

What do you think about using Hypothermia as a potential 6th link?

The problem is, if we use Hypothermia, we would have to make sure to chill everything, otherwise the gem is useless damage wise. For Shaper we would need around a 50k Hit to chill him. Thus when we start the fight, the damage from Hypothermia is not existant and i wouldn't rely on Ruthless either, so we would have to hit for around 50k Cold Damage with a 4-link. That would need Gear around T1 State for a Juggernaut with Watchers Eye Phys to Cold conversion.

And sure, we could say we don't mind missing the first hits till we hit (and crit) with ruthless. But somehow i don't like this idea.

For the new Chieftain it would be even worse. With Ngamahu the phys to cold conversion is gone. So we would only have the small amount from Hatred and probably 20% damage from the amulet as cold damage left. That will be enough to chill and freeze the trash, but not for bosses anymore. And i would never want to choose Ramako over Ngamahu only to increase our cold damage with phys to cold conversion.
I've

- restructured the Guide
- added Pro's and Con's
- added Ascendancys and Pantheons
- added a Section about Getting Intelligence and Dexterity
- added an "How to use this Guide" Section if somebody doesn't want to read everything at the start

i've also started to add Champion as possible Ascendancy Class. But i'll wait till 3.7 patchnotes before adding a PoB Link and Leveling Tree for it (and other Ascendancy Classes)
Last edited by Rake7 on May 30, 2019, 7:56:05 PM
nice! your guide look really clean now. For the flask i would use silver flask instead of quicksilver since we are mainly moving with our movement skill unless we are getting onslaught somewhere else that i forgot?
I´m throwing 5 bucks into the pot and say that they will change Jugg that way it will be utter shit for tectonic slam and poggers for everything else. Like binding the endurance charges behind some stupid mechanic no one ever uses or even worse; nerfing tectonic slam itself into the ground because its considered as the "best" melee skill right now anyways.
Chieftain going to work with TS now? I’m seeing permanent increased damage from the endurance charge lost recently node due to them being eaten but there’s also an equal chance to gain charges from the ascendancy as there is to lose them to charged slams. Spam a fire skill at the start of every map then bounce between max charges and -1 max charges the rest of the time?

I could see the tec nerf not because the skill is strong, otherwise molten strike would have to be first on the chopping block, but because til now they designed a skill that only one class could ever use.
"
dragonpowi wrote:
nice! your guide look really clean now. For the flask i would use silver flask instead of quicksilver since we are mainly moving with our movement skill unless we are getting onslaught somewhere else that i forgot?

You could ofc use a Silver Flask instead of Quicksilver

And we will have to see how good the overworked movement skills work with obstacles. That's the reason i always liked having a lot of movementspeed. So i can just run in maps with a lot of obstacles.
"
deimudda69 wrote:
I´m throwing 5 bucks into the pot and say that they will change Jugg that way it will be utter shit for tectonic slam and poggers for everything else. Like binding the endurance charges behind some stupid mechanic no one ever uses or even worse; nerfing tectonic slam itself into the ground because its considered as the "best" melee skill right now anyways.

Endurance Charges are not that important for tectonic slam. At least when we play with Multistrike.

But i'm still hoping for a Jugg rework which says: Get an endurance charge on hit

=)

"
warmuth wrote:
Chieftain going to work with TS now? I’m seeing permanent increased damage from the endurance charge lost recently node due to them being eaten but there’s also an equal chance to gain charges from the ascendancy as there is to lose them to charged slams. Spam a fire skill at the start of every map then bounce between max charges and -1 max charges the rest of the time?

I could see the tec nerf not because the skill is strong, otherwise molten strike would have to be first on the chopping block, but because til now they designed a skill that only one class could ever use.

We talked about that one page ago i think. Chieftain looks good. But we have to wait for the other changes to decide which way to go.
Last edited by Rake7 on May 31, 2019, 11:08:22 AM
I cant sustain mana during boss encounters.. I have the Gear T4 setup. Am I missing something?
"
Johard22 wrote:
I cant sustain mana during boss encounters.. I have the Gear T4 setup. Am I missing something?

I can't see your characters unfortunally:

https://i.ibb.co/CBnbKdg/Clipboard0234123.png

and i couldn't import your characters either in PoB

Do you know why? I've never seen that before

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info