PS4 trade prices are an UTTER joke

Specifically an item search with good filters. Wish we had that for ps4. Still doesn't determine the price of the item. That is done by players, as I've said before.
Yes, it would be a nice convenience to search items better but all that means is a reason to be less lazy. I have yet to find a single item that each one was priced with a buyout. Most items are not priced and lazy people are not sending out offers. I have sold and bought many items based on poe.ninja pricing just by sending an offer to someone without a b/o.

The economy is only 2 leagues in and people are still figuring things out as to the market. People are not dropping because they can buy something, there are so many ways to push endgame without a specific item. If your 1 build out of the hundreds requires that items find a new way.

Most sites like poe.ninja are third party and not GGG. Stop crying find a solution.
Last edited by knightron on Jul 10, 2019, 4:58:26 PM
I think many people need to read GGG's trade manifesto to better understand why trade is how it is and why they are not making major changes many here (PC and console) would want.

So much of the pricing on console is simply limited player base and really just supply and demand. Lets take as an example either dying sun (Shaper drop) or make of the elder (Uber drop). Both drops are not in the most common drop pool of either boss, and neither boss is cheap to spawn or killed by a high percentage of players, so the supply is low, but high enough that many are listed on the market at 1ex. If i list mine for 1ex, it will sit for a while and be pure luck that I get the offer from a player looking for it, and with so many at 1ex it is unlikely I see 1ex offer anyways. I can list it at 75c and it will sell in a few hours, quick enough that the price will not drop. A site that says I sold it for 75c might make some others list it at that or others try to buy for that, but the 20+ people who still think its 1ex are not going to change their mind on their price unless the standard price drops to 75c (and then it may fall to 60c then 50c and so on). On PC mark of the elder is 5c not 60c ish, but this is because the suplly of them from the number of people doing Uber greatly exceeds the melee who want it so the price falls, which is not really the case on PS4 and why our price has fallen much slower. Without a larger playerbase and a higher percentage of that playerbase fighting Uber/shaper on a regular basis this will not change, and if a meta build ever becomes dependent on one of these drops, the price will be even higher (e.g., mark of the shaper last league).

Yes some people are stupid and way over price things, but that doesnt mean it is the price or will ever sell at that value, some may even be set that way in their unique tab because they want to keep it for a 2nd char they will level and do not want to receive any offers on it.

stupidly low offers on unpriced items are always going to be a thing because so many people dont know the value of something that doesnt look good to them. I have almost sold a few items this league (monolith drops I was not familiar with) for a few chaos that I decided to price to find out they were 4ex+ items that someone was almost very happy that I didn't know the value, and I have been playing a lot and have good idea of the important expensive items to sell. It happens with a ton of 10-20c items all the time too, but those are not really someone trying to scam you for major profit and I wont care if I let some new player have a deal on.

Until more of the PS4 community starts to craft to give more options outside of uniques, more people seriously do the delve to provide fossiles for crafting at reasonable prices, and more people start doing things like shaper/uber for those rarer items the prices will not change. The price of fussing is so crazy also that even with all of the above happening 6l will always be crazy expensive as you would be very lucky to link a rare with 48quality for under 7ex right now (consider PC is 292 fuse/ex and console is about 120/ex, these currency exchange rates are the real issue on console, much more than the prices of the rarer stuff)
xbox exalt prices just went from 65c to 125 within 3 hours.... it all started with the third party pay for currency sites boting and selling insane amount of chaos to players, I belive that tis was not an organic development, I noticed it wen I had 2000 chaos offered for a inspired learing jewel worth 26 ex at the time.... then a few hours later everyoneeeee was spending thousands of chaos... someone injected it into the closed system artificially
Should be able to report third party websites selling in the market, they simply deny the purchase and throw their site in the text in the "hard face".
"
KogaDrake wrote:
I think many people need to read GGG's trade manifesto to better understand why trade is how it is and why they are not making major changes many here (PC and console) would want.

So much of the pricing on console is simply limited player base and really just supply and demand. Lets take as an example either dying sun (Shaper drop) or make of the elder (Uber drop). Both drops are not in the most common drop pool of either boss, and neither boss is cheap to spawn or killed by a high percentage of players, so the supply is low, but high enough that many are listed on the market at 1ex. If i list mine for 1ex, it will sit for a while and be pure luck that I get the offer from a player looking for it, and with so many at 1ex it is unlikely I see 1ex offer anyways. I can list it at 75c and it will sell in a few hours, quick enough that the price will not drop. A site that says I sold it for 75c might make some others list it at that or others try to buy for that, but the 20+ people who still think its 1ex are not going to change their mind on their price unless the standard price drops to 75c (and then it may fall to 60c then 50c and so on). On PC mark of the elder is 5c not 60c ish, but this is because the suplly of them from the number of people doing Uber greatly exceeds the melee who want it so the price falls, which is not really the case on PS4 and why our price has fallen much slower. Without a larger playerbase and a higher percentage of that playerbase fighting Uber/shaper on a regular basis this will not change, and if a meta build ever becomes dependent on one of these drops, the price will be even higher (e.g., mark of the shaper last league).

Yes some people are stupid and way over price things, but that doesnt mean it is the price or will ever sell at that value, some may even be set that way in their unique tab because they want to keep it for a 2nd char they will level and do not want to receive any offers on it.

stupidly low offers on unpriced items are always going to be a thing because so many people dont know the value of something that doesnt look good to them. I have almost sold a few items this league (monolith drops I was not familiar with) for a few chaos that I decided to price to find out they were 4ex+ items that someone was almost very happy that I didn't know the value, and I have been playing a lot and have good idea of the important expensive items to sell. It happens with a ton of 10-20c items all the time too, but those are not really someone trying to scam you for major profit and I wont care if I let some new player have a deal on.

Until more of the PS4 community starts to craft to give more options outside of uniques, more people seriously do the delve to provide fossiles for crafting at reasonable prices, and more people start doing things like shaper/uber for those rarer items the prices will not change. The price of fussing is so crazy also that even with all of the above happening 6l will always be crazy expensive as you would be very lucky to link a rare with 48quality for under 7ex right now (consider PC is 292 fuse/ex and console is about 120/ex, these currency exchange rates are the real issue on console, much more than the prices of the rarer stuff)

How limited is the player base on Xbox and PS4 when compared to PC? Has GGG released the population of any platform?

What is selling on consoles? We can clearly see the prices(or lackthereof) on the trademarket for consoles but we can't see when sells are made or for how much. This information is probably recorded but not documented, unlike PC there's no 3rd party websites tracking and posting this data. Whether showing sales history goes against GGGs manifesto seems to be problem console players have no workaround for and really highlight the poor design of the system. There's no transparency. Hiding the prices that people do buy items for only protects price gougers and furthers the animosity average gamers like myself have towards the setup. I can name a half dozen games with an auction house and all will display a sales history to gamers...except for this PoE.

The of supply and demand you're trying to make only looks at supply yet you also want to blame the consoles' smaller user base as part of the problem. There being a smaller user base would mean the demand is also smaller. The supply can just be sitting on the market if the demand for it isn't there at that price or volume. A smaller supply and smaller community generating the currency the market uses would mean prices would not be as high to accommodate the fewer amount of total funds available to be spent. Who is going to try save up weeks for a single, average upgrade off the console market when the same amount of time would mean a complete new gearset on PC for less of the currency? The market on console is stagnate because certain gamers are looking BiS gear guilds and the prices of items on PC then marking those things up to ludicrous amounts. Combine that with the people that don't set prices, decline their own set prices, and bots the game on console is just SSF even not playing SSF.

Who is arguing that making a 6L isn't expensive? I think the chances of making a 6L is 1/1500 or something high like that. Yes, making a 6L will take considerable time, investment, and luck. That doesn't explain or excuse the disgusting way people on console are trying to convert currency on console though. The currency exchange is bizarro world when trying to buy the non-Chaos/Exalt currency. So many(or the same few people) sell lesser currency at a 1:1 ratio with Chaos. Without any checks in place it is just the inmates ruling the inmates.
This might have already been stated somewhere in this thread, but...

When I had not many tabs to stash stuff, the tabs that had legit items for sale at decent prices also had items I didn't have room for elsewhere. Price for the items I didn't want to sell but only had room for in a sale tab were priced 100ex or some ridiculous number.

Just a possibility for some of the crazy prices you see. Not all, but some.

Best Regards,

JHJ
Just wanted to jump in here and say something. I can't say I have seen such extremes on the market as suggested, I have seen a lot of overpriced items, yes, but also found some good deals.
The main problem with this game for me is the constant crashing, hard freezing and blue screens. IT IS UNPLAYABLE. You want to run maps, nope blue screen. Want to delve, nope blue screen, play with your friends, blue screen. I have NEVER seen such garbage being even allowed on PS4. The game is great but how the game runs is a joke, had I known this I would not have spent any money at all on it. My friends and I being Diablo fans from 20 years ago plus thought this would be fun. I regret spending any money for tabs or anything because the game is not fun crashing all the time.
If this game actually ran and ran well it could be a whole different ball game.
Out of 5 of my friends who played this only 1 still has it on his system. Let that sink in GGG. I played it during two leagues over about a year apart and no improvement. In fact its gotten worse in this current metamorph league. So i guess GGG wants to only draw in 20% of its potential players, NOT SMART GGG. FIX YOUR GAME!!!
"
And how do you propose they fix trade? They've provided us with an open market, nothing more could be asked for besides api integration for sites like poe.trade, which while that would make finding things easier, it really wouldn't affect prices much.

Please, enlighten us.

The only way to force a change would be to tinker with drop rates, upping them dramatically when player counts (and I’m talking about long term player counts..like averaged over a two week period or something) are low. This would force more higher quality items into the environment which would dramatically increase supply and thus drive prices down. The increase would have to be only items though...not currency. Currency levels would have to remain constant for this to work

In a nutshell, if you double the number of six link inpulsa drops, it dramatically devalues the few that currently are in the market.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info