PS4 trade prices are an UTTER joke

An example....Inpulsa's broken heart.

On PC, 25 chaos typically.

On PS4? A whopping minimum 15 exalted orbs. Now, with the current currency rate being around 140 chaos orbs to an exalted orb, that means PS4 traders are wanting 2100 chaos orbs for this item! 2100!

Just to make it clearer to the GGG devs who obviously don't care about the state of the game on console, this is bloody well 80xl times the price that PC players are paying...

This is pretty damn similar to most other items required for a build too I might add, it's not an isolated issue on this single item.

POE on PS4 now looks like a ghost town with very few people playing it. If people can't get items for their builds, then they can't push end game. Guess what GGG - if people can't push end game, they'll just drop the game and move onto something else.

People are even asking multipole chaos orbs for crappy magical items. It's beyond a bloody joke,

You need to fix this - either regulate the trade market to have parity with the PC trade market, or link PS4 and XBOX trade to poe.trade. The game will NOT flourish on PS4 unless trade prices are reasonable.

I've had 3 exalted orbs drop so far since I stared 4 or 5 weeks ago. And, I've, by all accounts, been lucky. It may take me another year before I can amass 15 exalted orbs....to be held back for a year from pushing end game is just beyond ridiculous.

It seems GGG devs are taking a leaf out of the Blizzard's dev's book of not listening to customers. Very disappointing.

Whilst you're at it, fix the damn new map, it's bloody absolutely terrible and unusable. The old map was far, far, far, far, far better. And, that's not an exaggeration. Also, fix the constant blue screens and crashes to main loading screen. I've had more crashes with POE than all other games combined in the past 4 years on my PS4. And that''s not a joke.

One very disgruntled customer.
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2020, 7:21:02 PM
learn about economics [Removed by Support].
p.s and while u at it learn how to differentiate customerS from customer.

Last edited by Natasha on May 13, 2019, 8:44:38 PM
"
bi4rep wrote:
learn about economics [Removed by Support]

^^^
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by Natasha on May 13, 2019, 8:44:59 PM
"
bi4rep wrote:

Ummmm no

The state of pricing on consoles has little to do with market forces and a lot to do with general ignorance of values, the awkwardness of using the market and unsophisticated sellers trying to cope with no market guidance.

Most of the the decent stuff you see posted will never sell at its listed prices.
Because nothing is sorted by price it gives the appearance that the standard market prices on some items are extremely high. So unsophisticated seller then also list at the unsaleable prices hoping they will get rich. When people do post at drastically lower prices than what you see then stuff does sell but many sellers dont realize this.

Its a lot like a world where all new cars are sold by random people in their fronnt yards - but about 1/3 the people selling are 12 year olds who think they can sell a new Chevy for $500k because they saw someone else try it.

Last edited by Natasha on May 13, 2019, 8:53:15 PM
"
Ghoest9 wrote:
"
bi4rep wrote:

Ummmm no

The state of pricing on consoles has little to do with market forces and a lot to do with general ignorance of values, the awkwardness of using the market and unsophisticated sellers trying to cope with no market guidance.

Most of the the decent stuff you see posted will never sell at its listed prices.
Because nothing is sorted by price it gives the appearance that the standard market prices on some items are extremely high. So unsophisticated seller then also list at the unsaleable prices hoping they will get rich. When people do post at drastically lower prices than what you see then stuff does sell but many sellers dont realize this.

Its a lot like a world where all new cars are sold by random people in their fronnt yards - but about 1/3 the people selling are 12 year olds who think they can sell a new Chevy for $500k because they saw someone else try it.

Yea tell me more about items not selling and dont forget to cut bots out of the equations. Also you can sell with high price items too and buy what u need.
"
Ghoest9 wrote:
"
bi4rep wrote:

Ummmm no

Yes, that is certainly part of the problem, I wholly agree. Person A sets a silly high and unrealistic price and everyone else follows suit like lemmings.

Here's why trade is important - high prices for items means that they won't shift. Items don't shift, people can't get end gear items and push end game maps, less people trading and providing goods. Prides stay high. Eventually, people will give up on POE on PS4 and quit the game in disgust. With the large amount of uniques available in game, and the odds of getting One for your build very, very low, trading is really the only way forward. People aren't going to farm for 1-2 years to luck out and get an item drop that they need. They'll lose interest far before then.

I understand economics will enough - Im' probably older than most of you on here and have been around a helluva lot longer in the *real* world. In a free market world, people will only tolerate reasonable prices. If prices are OTP, then people won't buy. And guess what, in the real world, retailers who don't shift goods go bust. Prices must be reasonable and what the market will accept. PS4 trade prices are anything but reasonable, and it's pretty obvious that the people aren't buying it 9pun intended).

It seems some other players don't understand these basics of economics, despite their childish name calling. The only way POE on PS4 will survive is by ensuring that enough people can get the end game items to push end game maps. The more people doing that, the better the trading market will be, and the healthier the game will be.

It seems that some players are putting their own personal greed ahead of the games wellbeing.
"
bi4rep wrote:
"
Ghoest9 wrote:
"
bi4rep wrote:

Ummmm no

Yea tell me more about items not selling and dont forget to cut bots out of the equations. Also you can sell with high price items too and buy what u need.

AFAIK, there are no bots on PS4. PC yes, PS4 no. Please see my prior comment about unrealistic high trade prices and how real market pressures work. You are very naive if you think that people are prepared to pay the exorbitant prices we are currently seeing.
You know, none of those stupid 10 ex+ requests are serious right? People set the prices crazy high as a joke because it's funny. If you were to give them a reasonable offer on those things they would most likely accept.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Supply and demand. Basic economics. If something is too expensive and doesn't sell prices will drop.

You can't compare PS4 vs. PC. There are less players on console and no bots so obviously everything is cheaper on PC because of the supply.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on May 13, 2019, 9:51:38 PM
If some item is too expensive, just don't buy it, or play a build that doesn't require certain unique to reach end game. There are a lot of league starter builds on the forum that are budget and cheap. Simple as that....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info