[3.6 Flashback] Wave of Conviction Totems Chieftan - 1mil DPS, budget, new player friendly!

Come by and chat if you have anything to discuss about this build!

🐖🐖TheNotoriousPIG's Twitch Live Stream Channel🐖🐖

_________________________________________________________________________________

🔥🔥🔥Totems of Conviction🔥🔥🔥

_________________________________________________________________________________

Videos (more coming!)
Spoiler

Explanation, Pros & Cons!
Spoiler

•Cheiftan allows our Totems to Leech for us
•We get free "Leech effects are not removed at full life" from Soul Tether, which also expands our life pool.
•Energy Leech Support gives us 63% more damage since we'll always be leeching and almost always at full ES.

Pros:
•Safe totem playstyle, drop totem and dodge stuff.
•Totems taunt, cause enemies to deal 8% less damage & have 20% less movement speed, constant healing from leech.
•Cheap! Easily done under 1ex to fully gear with Uniques and decent rares. Can get by with no uniques!
•Weapons are the only thing that would cost more than a chaos.

Cons:
•Totem playstyle is not for everyone
•If your totems & golems die often, your DPS suffers a lot.
•Mana hungry - Currently making some changes to make this a little easier

Path of Building
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/8sZRBA9m

Playstyle
Spoiler

1. Drop 2 totems
2. Drop Orb of Storms
3. Chug flask! (Especially mana flask)
4. Leap Slam/Flame Dash around like a wierdo
5. Enjoy juicy leeches and flex on these plebs

Class and Ascendencies

Spoiler

•Class: Maurauder
•Ascendency: Chielftan
1st: Ngamahu, Flame's Advance
2nd: Hinekora, Death's fury
3rd: Arohongui, Moon's Presense
4th: Tukohama, War's Herald

Leveling & Skill Trees
Spoiler

Kill all bandits

42 Points - Starting Tree: Grab Arsonist then Primal Manifestation on your way to Ancestral Bond. The path to Arsonist might seem weird, but it puts us next to Tireless, so at any point you can grab that to help with mana issues. Use Molten Strike until you enter the cave, then get a Holy Flame Totem from Nessa.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAFsAEDEAACrG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebxq4QzP6HeyD4kwthr2xo8vAfogCu_4KbMPg62CcvkFUaOFnzcg9mnlorWOXDE6PyxPYn7RkuBg7UfAn21I8AAAAAAA==

73 Points: Get Retribution and Light of Divinity for some quick damage. Then path through Purity of Flesh life wheel and get Explosive Impact then Elemental Overload for a big boost in damage. Shamanistic Fury and Fire Walker will be enough damage to last us till maps. Get Ngamahu, Flame's Advance as your first ascendecy.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAJ0AEDEAAEvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebxq4QzP6HeyD4kwthr2xo8vAfogAEs67_gpvVpjD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYXauSAGM2x5sa07Zp5aK1jlwxOj8vrSFm_jaiSqNukabJ2uA3WdY18EpwjYJFZI6-58g6eUXl3R_REtLJwQWIdlwGbUjxkuJ-0GDtR8CfbE9ibzxgQAAAAAAA==

93 Points: We'll be in maps near the end of this tree, so first get Quick Recovery and Tireless to help with mana. Next having Battlecry is a big quality of life to always have up Endurance charges. Barbarism and Juggernaut will put us at 151% life. Do cruel lab early and get Hinekoa, Death's Fury as our next Ascendency. This will be great for leech and the "covered in ash" is not only damage, but defensive cause it slows enemies :) Do Merc lab before killing Kitava in Act 10 and get Arohongui, Moon's Prescense. [/b]

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAMkAEDEAAGHG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebxq4QzP6HeyALYa9saPLwH6IABLOu_4Kb1aYw-DrYJy-QVRo4WfNyD3GF2rkgBjNsebGtO2aeWitY5cMTo_L60hZv42okqjbpGmydrgN1nWNfBKcI2CRWSOvufIOnlF5d0f0RLSycEFiHZZ7NpzDaP1n8xqrSIfJBggdXDdlhrY3PftSPGS4n7QYO1HwJ9prgRZ1TUsBm-JPE9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQm88YEpqMGwwAAAAAA

110 Points: First get the 2 Endurance Changes, don't forget the little node that gives us .2% life regen per charge at the Marauder one. This is basically a 1% life regen node. This will be great with out Enduring Cry Spam. Next get the easy jewel and go to the big node in Sion life wheel. After this you can either go for damage/mana regen or more life. If you're feeling tanky enough, Dark Arts (Don't forget to unspec out of this if you get a shield with +1 totems) and Rapidity gives lots of damage and mana regen. If you are able to get some good jewels, especially ones with 5%-7% life, you can also grab the ones that only cost 2 points at any time. You should be able to do Uber lab easily, especially after getting the extra endurance charges. Take Tukohama, War's Herald.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAO8AEDEAAHTG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebxq4QzP6HeyD4kwthr2xo8vAfogAEs67_gpvVpjD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYXauSAGM2x5sa07Zp5aK1jlwxOj8vrSFm_jaiSqNukabJ2uA3WdY18EpwjYJFZI6-58g6eUXl3R_REtLJwQWIdlns2nMNo_WfzGqtIh8kGCB1cN2WGtjc9-1I8ZLiftBg7UfAn2muBFnVNSAZEt0pZskc677Twtg1-DzLc-_grYvfJFOuGmV03j_o81ksBmxPavpxzOK1ANzf5UJvPGBKajBsMWC3uzAAAAAAA=

123 Points: If we push to 100, our last points are taking the damage, life or jewels that we haven't taken yet.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAP0AEDEAAHvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebxq4QzP6HeyD4kwthr2xo8vAfogAEs67_gpvVpjD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYXauSAGM2x5sa07Zp5aK1jlwxOj8vrSFm_jaiSqNukabJ2uA3WdY18EpwjYJFZI6-58g6eUXl3R_REtLJwQWIdlns2nMNo_WfzGqtIh8kGCB1cN2WGtjc9-1I8ZLiftBg7UfAn2muBFnVNSAZEt0pZskc677Twtg1-DzLc-_grYvfJFOuGmV03j_o81khzcjxqFbdWBJNjEzrvdGdivGJRvZlTzm2hlwGbE9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQAAAAAAA==

Again, don't forget to unspec out of Dark Arts when/if you get a Shield with +1 Totems. Since most of this wheel would be wasted, I'd advise to take the Heart and Soul since it gives Life and Mana.

My Gear in Flashback

Spoiler

Need a mana flask since you'll be out of mana after 2 totem cast. This solves all our mana issues early. Except against extremely mobile bosses where you have to constantly re-cast.

We will be very low on DEX to lvl up our Faster Attacks & Lightning Golem, so either grab one of those +30 nodes or look for a Jade or Turquoise amulet.

I'm currently using 2 wands, Flame Dash - Faster Casting & a Stone Golem so DEX isn't a problem for me. Flame Dash is faster but you can't spam it as much. I'm not using the Malachai's Ring yet, so the Lightning Golem isn't mandatory. Once I get some DEX on gear and the ring I'll put it in there.

Proposed Gear

Spoiler

I tested this out in Standard and easily completed a T14 map with only a lvl 13 Wave of Conviction and other under leveled gems I had to buy from Lily. Can't wait to see this with a set of fully leveled gems.

Test gear from Standard:

The ultimate plan is to get a +1 totem shield. Until then there are some decent 2 handed weapons or we can dual wield.

-Rare Helm
-Rare Body Armour
-Rare Gloves
-Kaom's Roots Boots
-Ngamahu Tiki, amulet
-Malachai's Artifice ring
-Rare ring in 2nd slot
-Soul Tether belt
-Atziri's Promise flask
-Sulphure Flask

Possible 1 hand unique weapons:
1. Cerberus Limb - Really good damage and gets better with a good +1 totem shield.
2. Doryanai's Catalyst - May be expensive early in the league. Might be hard to get two.
3. Shade of Solaris - Expensive. We might be better off going with a cheaper option until we get our shield, and grab one of these if we can afford it.
4. Moonsorrow - decent option. Good damage. We can put our Orb of Storms in it to get Blind keeping us safer.
5. Singularity Platinum Sceptre - Good damage, but only with the 'nearby enemies are hindered" which won't be relaible since "nearby" for this item is 25 units which is very easy to walk out of range for.

Possible 2 hand unique weapons:
1. The Cauteriser - Not expensive, around 5c early in the last couple leagues.
2. Disintegrator, Martyre of Innocence & Grey Spire - Will be expensive early. Not too cheap later either.

6 Link Soul Mantle?-I'm not sure if this would be the best for this build.

Pros
1. We'd have a 7 link totem and +1 totem

Cons
1. We'd have to use 2 Kikazuru rings to off-set the constant curses.
2. Lose the Malachai's Ring w/Lightning Golem
3. Lose 2 ring slots for the Kikazuru's, may make capping res harder
4. Less life, since no life from ring slots.
5. May make mana, DEX issues harder since these are easy to get on rings.

Skill Gems Setup
Spoiler

•Body Armour: Spell Totem - Wave of Conviction - Controlled Destruction - Added Fire - Elemental Focus

•In 4 link: CWDT (lvl 13) - Immortal Call (lvl 15) - Herald of ASh - Zealotry

•In 4 link: Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Inc AOE

•In weapon 1 or shield: Arcane Surge (lvl 7) - Vaal Molten Shell/Molten Shell - Enduring Cry

•In weapon 2 or shield: Leap Slam or Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify
•OR: Use Flame Dash - Faster Casting if going wands or having DEX issues

•In Malachai's Ring - Lightning Golem

Pantheons
Spoiler

Major: Soul of Solaris - big defense here

Minor: Ryslathia or Shakari are our best bets and bot equally good here. I'll probably go for Ryslathia since I always run Bubbling or Seething Life Flask, and having more instant life on top of all the leech and regen should feel great.

The reduced chaos damage and poison immunity from Shakari is no joke though.

Leveling Guide!
Spoiler

I will be leleving this build myself, I've done a couple totem guides before but both were Heirphant and this one is very different from them.

so... If you tune into my stream I will be leveling it you can see what I'm doing as I'm doing it. I will also be ableto answer any questions!

1. Start with Molten Strike

2. Get Holy Flame Totem after entering the Caverns. Use this for a while,

3. You'll have to get someone to buy you Wave of Conviction, Ele Focus and Controlled Destruction from Yeena in Act 2 after you the quest that opens up the Vaal Ruins.

-You won't have enough INT to use it for a while, this is where I am currently at. Unless you get INT on gear, you'll probably wait until you get enough INT from tree, since you'll will be pathing deep into Templar/Witch area.

4. I'm lvl 28 and jsut switched to Spell Totem - Wave of Conviction, Got enought INT after I picked up a Lapis Amulet as a reward from Dialla in the Solaris Temple and a couple INT nodes on the tree making my way towards Ancestral Bond.

5. Totems are mana hungry, so you will want to run a mana flask. All that really matters is that you have your totem in at least a 4 link. Your Herald of Ash and Zealotry and a movement skill. You don't need to focus on setting up the gems perfectly, just have them somewhere in your weapon swap or in unlinked sockets so that they're leveling.

Don't stress over colors too much, as long as you have at least 3R 1B or 2R 2B you will have plenty of damage. Follow the Gem Setup guide.

Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on May 13, 2019, 1:52:09 AM
Last bumped on May 14, 2019, 6:45:03 PM
How is your plan to sustain the mana for your totems.
Actually i cast 2 Totems and then a mana flask is needed
"

Same.
I had to turn off Zealotry so that I can cast comfortably.
How about movement speed because we use Kaom's Roots. And our dex is low if we use faster attack+ leap slam. Even if we use Flame Dash, there are only 3 charges.
Last edited by maxineji on May 12, 2019, 11:25:36 AM
"
maxineji wrote:
"

Same.
I had to turn off Zealotry so that I can cast comfortably.
How about movement speed because we use Kaom's Roots. And our dex is low if we use faster attack+ leap slam. Even if we use Flame Dash, there are only 3 charges.

I've kept a mana flask on for mana sustain, it's been fine since I haven't had the currency to buy an Atziri's Promise anyways while I save up for a 6 link amrour. I'm using a turquoise amulet to give me enough dex to level my Faster Attacks and Lightning Golem.

I've since switched to dual wands since they give a lot more damage than 2 sceptres. So I'm using Flame Dash- Faster Casting as my movement skill. Also, I'm running a Stone Golem instead of a Lightning Golem since I don't have teh dex to level the Lightning up anymore and a lower level golem just dies too much!

Here's my current gear.

Just made some changes to the skill tree and leveling guide for trees. Will path a little different and take Tireless instead of Bloodless. Taking Quick Recovery right after getting Elemental Overload. The +30 dex node near Tireless is also a good grab, since we would only need 4 Dex on gear to be able to fully level our Lightning Golem. Our Faster Attacks would have to stay at level 8 though unless we got more dex on gear.
I tried to use Lavianga's Spirit for the no mana cost, but it didnt work because mana is full after one use hence, there's no flask duration for the "No Mana Cost During Flask Effect" to proc. Based on your revised tree above, the mana of 6 linked totem is reduced from 116 to 99. Doesn't help much, still need to turn off Zealotry for comfortable casting.

Btw, What are your thoughts on Soul Mantle + Atziri's Mirror?
Last edited by maxineji on May 13, 2019, 8:55:33 AM
"
maxineji wrote:
I tried to use Lavianga's Spirit for the no mana cost, but it didnt work because mana is full after one use hence, there's no flask duration for the "No Mana Cost During Flask Effect" to proc. Based on your revised tree above, the mana of 6 linked totem is reduced from 116 to 99. Doesn't help much, still need to turn off Zealotry for comfortable casting.

Btw, What are your thoughts on Soul Mantle + Atziri's Mirror?

I put up a video, mana wasn't an issue since I just hit the mana flask as soon as I dropped my first totem. I was still on a 5L but I don't have much to do for work so I'll try to grab a 6L tonight and see how it feels.

Not sure about Atziri's Mirror, I'd really have to play it so see how it feels. It would give us 50% reduced curse duration, but there's no telling how dangerous that would be once a few start to stack up. We could also use a Kikazuru opposite our Malachai's ring so that we have 50% less duration and 40% less curse effectiveness. But then we're relying on Helm, Boots, Gloves and Amulet to carry all of our life/resist. Also, totems will cost 144 mana each as a 7-link in Soul Mantle.

I just ran some numbers on Path of Building, this is showing standard boss DPS.

2 totems with base, Ancestral Bond, Dual Wielding Cerberus Limbs = 578k per totem

3 totems with base, Ancestral Bond and +1 Shield = 433k per totem

3 totems with base, Ancestral Bond, 6L Soul Mantle, Atziri's Mirror = 687k per totem

4 totems with base, Ancestral Bond, +1 Shield and Soul Mantle (Using 2x Kikazuru's) = 525k per totem

(we lose the EE buff from not having Lightning Golem in Malachai's Ring)

Seems like best setup is 4 totems, would give us a little over 2 million, but we'd have to sustain mana for 4 totems. 1 or 2 clears maps just fine, so this would just be an issue on boss fights that kill our totems or have a lot of mobility.

a 6 link Soul Mantle is definitely more damage whether we go with the Atziri's or 2x Kikazuru's, but again we have 3/4 mana hungry totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info