Exeption [Shader] Oodle: failed to decompress

I have basically an identical graphic's card,Ram an SSD an I also for about 18 months have had this intermittent issue with the Game.
After trying numerous things have not been able to completely solve it.
It is some sort of combo problem between the card, driver an windows.

Be nice if GGG could focus on this like they did for the latest card issue they had.
"
Cadaverus wrote:
I fixed the error by going to directory my documents - my games - poe,
there is a production_Config.ini
You need to find "=truescreenspace_effects=1" and change the value to 2.

This line doesn't exist in my config file.

I got the error for the first time on the top of the ancient pyramid, after killing the boss on the area (I've only started the game two or three days ago). After running to the top again, the same crash.

Windows 10 (64-bit)
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Last edited by snow_boar on Jan 3, 2020, 5:47:03 AM
This advice may have fixed the issue, I was now able to move to the act 3 on my third attempt:
"

delete this on main folder
(ShaderCacheD3D1,CachedHLSLShaders) .

* ShaderCacheD3D1
* CachedHLSLShaders
Impossible for me to play since the last update, bug on boss, syndic, meta, it's very boring ........ (same message >> exeption shader oodle: failed to decompress)
Last edited by DenverXVI on Jan 7, 2020, 4:22:30 PM
all advice had been done.. but still.. cant run poe
~~There will be no more for mercy~~
sick spaghetti code
can't run the game for more than 10min after the last update.
First time I've encountered this issue in more than a year of playing. Gonna try deleting shaders.
I have the same problem since 2 days. before it worked without a problem. Today i coudn't even load the start screen because instantly the error happened and closed the game.

PLZ FIX! This is very frustration. Tried deleting shader folders, fixing game files in steam, updating drivers. it worked for some time but then again: CRASH!

Can someone from GGG please respond?

ty
I figured I would bump this thread to see if anyone had any more information as I started getting the "[shader] oodle: failed to decompress" error after today's patch when trying to go do an elder map. It seemed to be tied directly to the elder portal affects entering the screen as one of the tentacle portals was causing it, then I killed it from off screen and got all the way to the boos fight, and the portal to the guardian was causing it to crash. I tried multiple suggestions mentioned in this topic, but the only one that ended up letting me go through the portal for the guardian fight was the one that involved changing "screenspace_effects=1" to "screenspace_effects=2".

This let me do the elder fight, but there were some notable oddities.
1) The elder portal was just the flat textured disc from the middle, all the tentacle effects around it were gone
2) The elder tentacles that are part of elder influenced maps where just transparent outlines
3) Some buff icons would show up as black bars on my status bar at the top for a second before loading in the icon (like when I got maimed and stuff). This was fine, as the only dangerous one is corrupting blood, but that still gets the counter below it so I could tell when to pop a flask.

I was willing to live with that and just live with it, except then i found out that one of the things that gets delayed loading in is the flame bearer circles. Which ended up killing me twice... at level 99, so I am kinda upset and taking a break now. For some reason I noted both lightning and ice bearer circles loading fine, but both times I died, I shot down from full to 0 with nothing on the screen, then while I was trying to figure out what the heck happened, a couple of flame bearer circles appeared and instantly popped, probably the tail end of the pack managing to load in just before detonation. First time i figured it was just me being a little tiered, but when it happened the second time it was very clear what happened.

I did not have any of these issues before the patch today, and up until I started running the elder map and made the change to the production_config file to avoid the shader error.
2020 febrero 18
El error regreso me sale lo mismo
[Shader] Oodle: failed to decompress
Al arreglar el archivo, el mismo error sale en pleno juego...
Estoy reinstalando el juego haber si funciona.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info