[On Hold] Bane Occultist - League Start/SSF Viable - All Content

I used this as my league starter and haven't regretted it. It was very powerful on virtually no gear, and scales well. I currently have about 20 exalts in the character, but more then half of that is a basically superflous Empower 4 and Enlighten 4 to minmax.

Definitely a very viable and stong league starter, capable of running all map mods and just deleting all endgame content. I decided against using Devouring Diadem and instead went for a "Doryani" Glorious Vanity Jewel to boost my EHP.

This build is also very viable to kill Sirus with. I have personally completed 83 Sirus kills (41 of those lv.8) with this character. Over half of those were done before getting the 6L Staff and Empower in.
Last edited by Magisch on Jan 8, 2020, 7:21:22 AM
Hello, newbie here, I've been playing this build for a couple of days now. Feels good clearing but I don't feel wither setup is that good... or maybe my dps is not that great. Some options that I've been considering:
- get a 6-linked staff for essence drain setup
- give up the helm or boots for HPE, currently I'm only at 5k3 EHP
All suggestions appreciated. thank you~

Total newb question but why eldritch battery? I understand mind over matter as that can give you more ehp but eldritch battery just seem like an overall minus to your effectiveness. I'm sure I'm wrong, but, more importantly i dont know why I'm wrong. Please help!
How does this build do against the new Sirus and conquerors on awakener 8? Is Bane powerful enough or do I need to use essence drain also?
Last edited by theta40 on Jan 20, 2020, 4:50:12 PM
Why is Disciplin aura needed?
With Eldritch Battery, I have 4k HP and 2.5k shield (that protects mana).

I never run below 98% mana shield. Without Discipline, I have 1.6k shield on mana. That's MORE than enough from what I can see...

What's a better Aura to replace it? I am running devouring Diadem, therefore I can have 2 x 50% mana reservation + 1 x 25% mana reservation auras.

Currently running Malev + Arctic armor
"
tcggammergod wrote:
Total newb question but why eldritch battery? I understand mind over matter as that can give you more ehp but eldritch battery just seem like an overall minus to your effectiveness. I'm sure I'm wrong, but, more importantly i dont know why I'm wrong. Please help!

I'm also new to the game, so don't take my word for granted.

With Battery + MoM, you basically tank 30% more damage, as before your life will be touched, you will lose the equivalent from the mana shield.

Moreover, you _never_ run out of mana.

Lastly, you can have 100% mana reservation for auras (read: 2 x 50% mana reservation aura + 1 x 25% if running Diadem. Or any other combination) and you will still be able to cast all the spells you want without _never_ running out of mana.
This is the best build ever!

In one season, I managed to:
1) reach level 100
2) do all maps
3) do all bosses
4) do all challenges

Build is super-fun, great damage, great survivability, cheap to start with and great currency sink in the late game.

Thanks you sir.
"
DeathFilip wrote:
This is the best build ever!

In one season, I managed to:
1) reach level 100
2) do all maps
3) do all bosses
4) do all challenges

Build is super-fun, great damage, great survivability, cheap to start with and great currency sink in the late game.

Thanks you sir.

Nice job sir... I've managed to kill my 1st ever uber elder as well, and sirus 8 pretty smooth... But I still die casually with phase acro, I have around 4k7 life & 1k8 ES (a little bit short I think...) Would you mind looking at my profile and see what I should do?
Im a little curious, the curses linked from the Vixen's Entrapment dont add to the damage of bane, so why not use at least 1 other curse on on the 6L withg bane since that will increase the damage more than for instance Void Manipulation. Or am I wrong here ?
"
boellebob12 wrote:
Im a little curious, the curses linked from the Vixen's Entrapment dont add to the damage of bane, so why not use at least 1 other curse on on the 6L withg bane since that will increase the damage more than for instance Void Manipulation. Or am I wrong here ?
It doesn't. Here's the calc:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bane

1st curse adds 47%, second adds 32%, 3rd adds 24%. That's because the increased damage per curse is additive with itself rather than multiplicative.

It's similar problem you can see with phys as ele builds where each next source adds the same dps but because the total keeps changing it's smaller and smaller portion of the total.

Most commonly used supports are 40%+ which beats the 32% from the second curse.
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 7, 2020, 11:38:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info