[3.8] The Renaissance Witch. Do-it-all Occultist Support -- 9 auras, 4 curses, life-based

Running this build so far. Enjoying it, I've never made a support type character before.

Easy, smooth sailing so far. Stuff dies very fast with a 4L bane, running ED/Contagion as well for more damage and drop a Flame Totem when needed for more damage on bosses and such.

Can't wait to get to maps with it.
~ Seph
So, level 65, have my Alphas Howl and Victarios Influence, but I'm nowhere near able to run 9 auras, not even with a level 3 Enlighten.

Each Purity reserves 20% Mana, and each Offensive aura reserves 13% - which Enlighten does not reduce the cost of unless it is a level 4 Enlighten, reducing the cost to 12%.

So with 3 Purities and Anger/Hatred/Wrath, that is 20+20+20+13+13+13 109% Mana reservation.

It doesn't make any sense though, in your PoB it shows your mana reservation WITHOUT ANY ENLIGHTENS at only 77%. I don't know how this is possible. Even without your -1% Mana Reservation corrupted jewels, your unreserved mana is still 17%. Without the Lab Enchant on the ALphas Howl, you're only at 90% Reserved. Where are you getting all this extra mana reduction from?

I have the exact same skill tree as in your Path of Building, but I'm reserving way more mana - yes I'm using the -mana reserve jewel - and my unreserved mana is 1%.

Here is my Path of Building https://pastebin.com/9YvktqGc - please help, I want to run more auras but I don't know what to do.
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Jun 15, 2019, 2:35:32 PM
"
sephrinx wrote:
So, level 65, have my Alphas Howl and Victarios Influence, but I'm nowhere near able to run 9 auras, not even with a level 3 Enlighten.

Each Purity reserves 20% Mana, and each Offensive aura reserves 13% - which Enlighten does not reduce the cost of unless it is a level 4 Enlighten, reducing the cost to 12%.

So with 3 Purities and Anger/Hatred/Wrath, that is 20+20+20+13+13+13 109% Mana reservation.

It doesn't make any sense though, in your PoB it shows your mana reservation WITHOUT ANY ENLIGHTENS at only 77%. I don't know how this is possible. Even without your -1% Mana Reservation corrupted jewels, your unreserved mana is still 17%. Without the Lab Enchant on the ALphas Howl, you're only at 90% Reserved. Where are you getting all this extra mana reduction from?

I have the exact same skill tree as in your Path of Building, but I'm reserving way more mana - yes I'm using the -mana reserve jewel - and my unreserved mana is 1%.

Here is my Path of Building https://pastebin.com/9YvktqGc - please help, I want to run more auras but I don't know what to do.

I'll take a look at your PoB tonight and see what's missing -- my guess is that a Shaper amulet with reduced mana reserved is the the key factor here. There's also breakpoints where you hit the next "threshold" of each aura requiring 1% less mana, so reaching those thresholds can result in a big drop in total mana reservation required.

As far as how to proceed now, I'd just recommend cutting an offensive aura (most likely Hatred). Anger and Wrath provide plenty of flat DPS on their own, especially at level 65, and most people who want Hatred are running it themselves anyway.
Last edited by snowcrash7 on Jun 19, 2019, 12:04:21 PM
SO, with the gloves, the addition curse on tree, and even with bane applying the curses, I can only get 2/3 curses on mobs... How are we applying the fourth?
"
puppetlife13 wrote:
SO, with the gloves, the addition curse on tree, and even with bane applying the curses, I can only get 2/3 curses on mobs... How are we applying the fourth?

Going to go out on a limb here and say you have to be an Occultist... lol
Any thoughts or changes going into 3.8?
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
Just to also add - after looking at this I'm struggling to see why you would go Occultist over Scion. The main thing we lose is hexproof but you also pick up the guardian damage reduction and it requires less points overall hitting the completed tree by 88 instead of 92 (dropping conduit as its covered by Guardian).
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
https://pastebin.com/qkTPyZ1M

My setup that i was playing whole Legion.
All in all, more auras and more ehp (regardless that numbers actually lower).
Поэтому просто кастую волну осуждения с сапортом на конверт физы в навоз (c)Kondit
затем игра останавливается на пару секунд и пишет воскресенье в городе (с)gachiBoeing
Когда Кеша выходит на улицу и останавливается, под ним создаётся освященная земля (с)ThreeOEight
"
Just to also add - after looking at this I'm struggling to see why you would go Occultist over Scion. The main thing we lose is hexproof but you also pick up the guardian damage reduction and it requires less points overall hitting the completed tree by 88 instead of 92 (dropping conduit as its covered by Guardian).

Scion definitely good, but occu has its own pros, such as:

- ignore hexproof;
- malediction (damage reduction for enemys and more dmg for carry);
- additional (- cold) res and (- chaos) res (exclusively for occu);
- additional curse effect;
- additional curse;
- in my case, free 60% chaos res and wither;
- block enemys hp regen (small one, but still).

All in all i find occu more versatile. With this setup i can effectively support attack based charaster (ele, phys, etc.) and with same effectiveness iam good enought for even chaos dot builds, wich normaly didnt get much from pure scion aurabot.
Поэтому просто кастую волну осуждения с сапортом на конверт физы в навоз (c)Kondit
затем игра останавливается на пару секунд и пишет воскресенье в городе (с)gachiBoeing
Когда Кеша выходит на улицу и останавливается, под ним создаётся освященная земля (с)ThreeOEight
Last edited by garamaganda on Sep 24, 2019, 10:39:47 AM
"
garamaganda wrote:
https://pastebin.com/qkTPyZ1M

My setup that i was playing whole Legion.
All in all, more auras and more ehp (regardless that numbers actually lower).

Looks nice! Glad you found the build enjoyable enough to run for a full league.

"
Any thoughts or changes going into 3.8?

I'm taking this league off -- I got pretty burned out playing a bajillion hours of Cyclone in 3.7. That said, I expect this build to remain pretty evergreen unless one of its core mechanics gets fundamentally changed or a new unique item becomes clearly best-in-slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info