[3.6] Soulrend: LowLife+Bow for max damage!

"
PeopleReady wrote:
I'm running into an issue with the LL variant where I run out of mana to cast Soulrend fairly frequently - has anyone else had this issue, or am I simply attempting to squeeze in too many auras? Or, do I need to beef up maximum mana/regen?

It can indeed be an issue. Soulrend can cost over 130 mana per cast, and with malevolence+discipline reserved I have something like 250 mana unreserved. Increasing max mana is not so efficient, but you can see from my tree that I picked a mana/regen node on the left side. +mana on gear doesn't do almost anything, %regen or +xx regen is good though.

Boots enchant helps for mana leech, but not on bosses. On bosses you also lose the 70% inc recovery if killed recently from ascendancy.
Swapping out GMP for swift affliction does also help on that as well as big dmg, as GMP has a huge mana multiplier. With this change my soulrend costs 100ish mana per cast, which is a big improvement.

Also look out for -%mana reserved on tree. If I had gone zealoth's oath I would have picked the nearby cluster. %aura effect are also quite good since we run 3 auras.

Conclusion: you will likely not be able to spam soulrend continuously against bosses (and you don't even need to, since DoT will last almost 1 sexond), but you can check all above points do mitigate this issue.
Btw I was initially thinking of using enlighten to squeeze in aspect of the spider but I gave up because of this.
Last edited by cane_cane on Apr 17, 2019, 8:53:05 AM
can you post a leveling section? thank you so much <3
"
dado_hd wrote:
can you post a leveling section? thank you so much <3

I haven't posted the leveling section because many guides already cover that part and, to be honest, it's unbelievable easy to level this character. Bane can feel smother than Soulrend in the early game, but that's about it.
My intent was more to focus on the late game choices and gear.

Hey, nice guide.

I am also playing a soulrend trickster using the "deterministically craftable bow of OPness", in the synthesis flashback event. One issue I have with your build is your logic for using essence drain instead of bane, for a few reasons.

First of all, bane is just straight up more damage than essence drain. You mention not wanting to spec into a second curse to run temp chains, but it has been determined that for min-maxing DPS, 1 curse is the optimal number of curses to run with bane. Partially this is due to the diminishing returns of the 2nd and 3rd curses etc with regards to the "more" multiplier, but more importantly because despair is the only real offensive curse we have that directly augments our damage in of itself as well as the bonus duration / damage to bane.

Anyone who is running bane with more than 1 curse either, doesn't understand math, or is choosing to accept a loss of dps to have more utility i.e from temp chains etc..

You are saying that you like getting despair on hit from you gloves, but i think you aren't considering the enormous difference between the lvl 10 despair your gloves is applying and a 20/20 despair gem. Most importantly, the gem quality on despair reads :Cursed enemies take 0.5% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects. This is HUGE, like what you were saying about the max DPS being the zealotry mod watchers eye, despair (gem) already has that built into it.

To fully illustrate this point very simply and plainly, i took your pastebin without touching anything noted the total DOT dps from consistent application of soulrend + essence drain which was 818k shaper dps

Then i took out essence drain for bane, and took out empower for 20/20 despair. With no other changes, the sum of your dot is now 894k shaper dps. This is a 10% dps increase (huge).

Next lets talk about duration. You state that you would have to "cast bane 3 times as much as essence drain"

This is a gross over-exaggeration. Doing the same comparison by simply plugging in the bane 6link into your pastebin, we can see that bane has a duration of 4.8s in your build, and essence drain has 7.33s. So actually, you are casting bane 1.5 times as often as essence drain, not 3x.

Finally lets just talk about the skills in general. Bane is an instantaneous application of dot and curse in a giant AoE, there is no projectile travel time, or hitboxes etc.. which affect the consistent that dot or despair is applied. you click, and boom its done.

Anyways, these are all my observations and opinions from doing my own attempts at min-maxing the lowlife version of the build thus far. Let me know what you think.
"
Communismo wrote:
Hey, nice guide.

I am also playing a soulrend trickster using the "deterministically craftable bow of OPness", in the synthesis flashback event. One issue I have with your build is your logic for using essence drain instead of bane, for a few reasons.

First of all, bane is just straight up more damage than essence drain. You mention not wanting to spec into a second curse to run temp chains, but it has been determined that for min-maxing DPS, 1 curse is the optimal number of curses to run with bane. Partially this is due to the diminishing returns of the 2nd and 3rd curses etc with regards to the "more" multiplier, but more importantly because despair is the only real offensive curse we have that directly augments our damage in of itself as well as the bonus duration / damage to bane.

Anyone who is running bane with more than 1 curse either, doesn't understand math, or is choosing to accept a loss of dps to have more utility i.e from temp chains etc..

You are saying that you like getting despair on hit from you gloves, but i think you aren't considering the enormous difference between the lvl 10 despair your gloves is applying and a 20/20 despair gem. Most importantly, the gem quality on despair reads :Cursed enemies take 0.5% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects. This is HUGE, like what you were saying about the max DPS being the zealotry mod watchers eye, despair (gem) already has that built into it.

To fully illustrate this point very simply and plainly, i took your pastebin without touching anything noted the total DOT dps from consistent application of soulrend + essence drain which was 818k shaper dps

Then i took out essence drain for bane, and took out empower for 20/20 despair. With no other changes, the sum of your dot is now 894k shaper dps. This is a 10% dps increase (huge).

Next lets talk about duration. You state that you would have to "cast bane 3 times as much as essence drain"

This is a gross over-exaggeration. Doing the same comparison by simply plugging in the bane 6link into your pastebin, we can see that bane has a duration of 4.8s in your build, and essence drain has 7.33s. So actually, you are casting bane 1.5 times as often as essence drain, not 3x.

Finally lets just talk about the skills in general. Bane is an instantaneous application of dot and curse in a giant AoE, there is no projectile travel time, or hitboxes etc.. which affect the consistent that dot or despair is applied. you click, and boom its done.

Anyways, these are all my observations and opinions from doing my own attempts at min-maxing the lowlife version of the build thus far. Let me know what you think.

Interesting question, that gives me the chance to be more precise on some values I had indeed put down too roughly.
Let's look at some numbers, and since we min-max let's consider a secondary 6l as available.

Not taking into account wither stacks, with the lv10 curse on hit Despair from gloves, we have the following dps:
Soulrend: 655k.
Essence Drain: 205k w/ Empower lv3, 230k w/ EMpower lv4, with 7.33s duration.
Total: 860k-885k dps.

With the 6l Bane setup, and Despair curse coming from 20/20 gem, we have:
Soulrend: 716k
Bane: 180k, with 4.86s duration.
Total: 896k dps.

Bane gives you 1.2% to 4.2% more dps, while Essence Drain gives you 50% more dps uptime.

So yeah, this is why I use the Curse on Hit Despair on gloves and Essence Drain as secondary skill.

The only way I would use Bane would be with Temp Chains curse really, dropping 3 ES nodes for the 3 passives I need for the extra curse. 20k less damage is nothing anyways compared to the damage of Soulrend.
Still, I would have to check if I could still 1shot mobs without Despair, because surely I don't want to cast Bane at every pack I find (and currently, thanks to COH on gloves, I don't have to).
Last edited by cane_cane on May 17, 2019, 6:22:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info