Einhar-Themed Talent Competition

Hi, friends!

Here is my entry: Einhar figurine made out of different colors of modeling clay (plastilin). This was my first time working with modeling clay. It took me more than a week to finish this amazing project. Size of the figurine is approx. 15 cm.

I am really excited to share my entry because we all love this character and it's so nice to have his figurine next to my laptop. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed seeing your great entries here.

More pictures of Einhar:
Spoiler

Beast superhero:

More pictures:
Spoiler

And on my laptop:
Spoiler

I made Einhar for fun, hope you like it!

my entry for the compo
I think you need multiple categories each with the full set of prizes.

3D art
Flat art
Written Word
Video
Music/Sound
Other

There are so many fabulous entries that the judges' job will easier with categories and more people will be rewarded for outstanding efforts.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
!!JUDGES PLEASE VIEW IMAGES WITH ARTSTATION!!
Art station post with all images - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nQvnEo

https://vimeo.com/332876583 - 360 Video

My entry for the competition. I made a crossbow that shoots arrows and nets. Enjoy!

This is a video of the crossbow in action and some design explanation garbage.
https://youtu.be/Xh1CoUQJ56I

Thanks,

Have a lovely day!

Tirie
Last edited by Amandaxen on Apr 27, 2019, 5:51:10 PM
It hasn't always been smooth goings for Einhar . . .

Higher Resolution - https://imgur.com/8KAK4Rp

Good luck, all.
I came, I saw, I ran home with my tail betwixt my legs...
Last edited by Warlock279 on Apr 27, 2019, 8:20:30 PM
Last edited by DimitryTheGreat on Sep 11, 2021, 6:15:40 PM
sestina (sɛˈstiːnə)
noun
(Poetry) an elaborate verse form of Italian origin, normally unrhymed, consisting of six stanzas of six lines each and a concluding tercet. The six final words of the lines in the first stanza are repeated in a different order in each of the remaining five stanzas and also in the concluding tercet.

Final word order:
1. ABCDEF
2. FAEBDC
3. CFDABE
4. ECBFAD
5. DEACFB
6. BDFECA
7. ECA or ACE

--------------

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A LITTLE BEAST (IN SESTINA FORM)

I
Rise and shine, little beast! Good morning! Good day!
Did you sleep well through the night? Did you sleep soundly?
Did you dream of fresh water and very good food?
Sadly, Einhar did not dream of either of those things...
I dreamt of blood on the altar and a dark horizon. Dark, and throbbing. Unlike any horizon Einhar has ever known.
But there is no time for dwelling on Einhar's silly dreams!

II
For now we have many tasks to take care of. No lazing about, no more dreams.
First of all, we must go together as one to greet the new day.
Look up, look up there! Let us look to the sun! Let us look around at all that we know!
Do you hear that bird in the distance? Little beast, that is a very beautiful sound!
But now look at Einhar, already getting distracted. I should be worried for many other things.
You as well, little beast. It is time to go and get you some food.

III
There is no reason for such a frantic display. Einhar promises you your fill of food!
Could you have eaten this much while you were on your own? Is this not a feast of dreams?
No need to thank me, little beast. Not that you could with a beak such as yours. That is not so much your thing.
But if you could speak, I wonder what it is you would say to Einhar. I wonder if you too would praise the gifts of the day!
Little beast, we should be thankful that we are still here. That we can sit and listen to the morning's exciting sounds.
This morning could very well be our last one alive. Or it might be tomorrow, maybe. Or sometime next year. How should Einhar know?

IV
Next, little beast, Einhar will clean you. And I have the gentlest hands you will ever have the privilege of knowing.
Please do not squawk and squirm all around! If you stay still, you will be given another bucket of food.
Ahh, that is so much better! Einhar feels bad when little beasts get upset and make such pitiful sounds.
Your feathers are so smooth. And soft. And colorful. You remind Einhar of the dreams that come after drinking frog venom. Smooth, soft, and colorful dreams...
This cool water is refreshing, is it not? Especially on a very hot day?
But we must not linger in the basin for much longer. There are still many things to take care of! Many, many things!

V
Yes, this is Einhar's favorite part: reading poetry out loud to beasts. It is what you need to soothe your wild heart. It is just the thing!
Do not worry, do not worry. My poetry will not harm you. And my voice, as you know--
Einhar could win a singing competition! Of course there are not any of those anymore. Not here. Not today.
So this poem is one of Einhar's newest creations. I wrote about eating, about food:
'There was once a hunter named Einhar. He had a great and grand dream.
He would eat and eat and eat until he burst at the seams!' Haha! Well, little beast? Did you like it? How did that sound?

VI
It seems we have a visitor, little beast! From the west, I heard a familiar sound!
Our Exile friend has returned to us! Here he comes, with supplies and needed things--
He is ready to make another sacrifice. Ready for you. Little beast, Einhar's dream has come true! Einhar's bloody dream!
Your time in this world has been short, and there is still more you could know--
But in this world, it is kill or be killed! Be a survivor, or become food!
The First Ones want us to prove ourselves worthy of a glorious new day!

VII
Do not sound so frightened, little beast. We knew this would happen. We have always known.
Remember how you looked to the sun, and to all other things. Remember how Einhar stroked your feathers. Remember the fresh water and good food.
Good night, little beast. Good night, my friend, and sweet dreams. Einhar, for one, will not forget the time we spent together this day.
Last edited by h3rring on Apr 27, 2019, 8:53:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info