Smiting the World Away - 3.6, no minions.

I know that I posted about this previously, but I've updated the build for 3.6, and spent some time in PoB working on the build, and based on a conversation I was having in another thread, I thought it might be cool to see if anyone else has tried this, and to possibly get some community feedback / collaboration.

Smite is a pretty fun skill, and based on the wording, I purposefully set out to have fun running around, not caring about accuracy, and applying a lot of the lessons that I've learned from playing a lot of Molten Strike.

Level 82 Build

POB Pastebin

The Gear I'm currently wearing
Spoiler

Admittedly, the Gem setup that I'm currently using is not Optimal. I know that. I cobbled this together with pieces from my Arc / Spark Shadow that I had back at the end of Open Beta, and some pieces I've picked up along the way that I thought would be neat to mess with.

Things that I'm pleased with:
I'm pretty pleased with my Smite Supports, though I'm definitely looking at Multistrike, and Innervate as changes to the setup. According to PoB, they both math out as higher DPS than Phys to Lightning, and Lightning Pen, but in practical experience, Lightning Pen has felt more mandatory. Multistrike is definitely better than Faster Attacks according to PoB.

Things that I need to look at:

Blood Rage: The build is barely over the threshold to not degen from blood Rage. Picking up some more regen would definitely help keep things from getting too hairy.

Blind: It "feels" like it helps in reducing damage intake, but I'm not 100% certain.

Gear: As the character sits, he needs better gear. I know this. What I'm wearing is purely hoarded stash stuff from other years.

Jewel Sockets: From now (82) to 90, My plan is to pick up the 5 near life nodes, and then pick up another socket. By the time I'm hitting 91, I will have 2 more sockets (shadow and ranger areas)

Weapon: Right now, there isn't a Unique 1h'd weapon that I would switch to. Doryani's catalyst shows as a DPS increase, but I'd have to give up whirling blades, and that's just something I don't want to have to do.

Of the weapons I had available, this was the best option. Looking through POB, it looks like A Spiraled Foil with
% Physical Damage
Added Lightning Damage
Elemental Damage WIth Attacks
Attack Speed

All in the T2 + range.

Looks to be the best choice in swords. Getting over the 2 APS is crucial it appears. An Eternal Sword with Top Tier %Phys, Added Lightning, Increased Wed, Aps, elemental pen, and Dex is also a high quality improvement, but for the ternal sword the rolls have to almost all be T1 to matter.

Overall:
Zip in, attack, and zip around letting the aura do heavy lifting on the trash. Single Target, even without Conc Effect, is pretty solid.

Right now, the char can clear "easy" yellow Tier Rare Maps, but I don't have the defenses on this guy to take on hard maps.

The build is definitely a work in progress. I wouldn't say that this is even remotely ready for those who are looking for cutting edge top tier builds.

But this is fun. And it works. And If you focus on APS, and increasing your Lightning Damage / Crit, the build will continue to pump out damage while being pretty solid at mapping.

If anyone is interested, I'll continue to update the build as I go along.
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2019, 9:03:35 PM
"
I do wonder what it would be like with minions, at least the herald of purity ones.
Another double edged sword, cool skill, seems to work without the 'allies'
Which is part of its main draw.

Looking at your tree,
What are your thoughts on quick recovery?

If I'm going to that portion of the tree for life, that's a must have life cluster. I'd do it, even if it didn't have the mana regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info