[3.6] Whizzy's Bow Blade Vortex Chieftain [9k+ HP & 10mil+ Shaper DPS]

"
Okay, so I've now come to realise what a massive issue mana sustain is for BV. I'm at level 61 with a 6L BV that has 55 mana cost that casts 3 times a second for 165 mana cost per second and my current mana regen is only 28.

I'm really not sure how I'm meant to get even remotely close to that. Surely the boot enchant can't help that massively? And it would do nothing on bosses with no other enemies to kill. My Zealotry is even in an Essence Worm and I can only cast BV around 7 times before I'm out of mana.

It was nowhere near as big an issue before on my Triple Herald BV Elementalist but don't remember why. I know a mana flask is pretty much required but even that's not really enough, and minimising the usage of one would be nice.

EDIT: I just noticed you used Blood Magic in your leveling gear. Might just have to do that and lose some DPS for now cus it's a bit insane really. The DPS is stupidly high for the gear/level anyway so it's not too massive an issue, but I would like any possible tips for future.

Yea, I'll bold the con "requires a mana flask". Unless you invest in jewels with life, 2x damage, and reduced mana cost, it would be quite difficult to drop the mana flask. I have the enchant on my Kaom's roots for Uber elder and it feels like it really helps. Leveling with blood magic was awesome but I swapped back once I started doing red maps. Currently using unleash instead of empower in SSF which makes the mana flask unnecessary but is a significant drop in dps (remove controlled destruction instead if you have empower lvl4).
Does one-handed 3% deals massive explodes like that?
"
themathwhiz wrote:
Spoiler
"
Okay, so I've now come to realise what a massive issue mana sustain is for BV. I'm at level 61 with a 6L BV that has 55 mana cost that casts 3 times a second for 165 mana cost per second and my current mana regen is only 28.

I'm really not sure how I'm meant to get even remotely close to that. Surely the boot enchant can't help that massively? And it would do nothing on bosses with no other enemies to kill. My Zealotry is even in an Essence Worm and I can only cast BV around 7 times before I'm out of mana.

It was nowhere near as big an issue before on my Triple Herald BV Elementalist but don't remember why. I know a mana flask is pretty much required but even that's not really enough, and minimising the usage of one would be nice.

EDIT: I just noticed you used Blood Magic in your leveling gear. Might just have to do that and lose some DPS for now cus it's a bit insane really. The DPS is stupidly high for the gear/level anyway so it's not too massive an issue, but I would like any possible tips for future.

Yea, I'll bold the con "requires a mana flask". Unless you invest in jewels with life, 2x damage, and reduced mana cost, it would be quite difficult to drop the mana flask. I have the enchant on my Kaom's roots for Uber elder and it feels like it really helps. Leveling with blood magic was awesome but I swapped back once I started doing red maps. Currently using unleash instead of empower in SSF which makes the mana flask unnecessary but is a significant drop in dps (remove controlled destruction instead if you have empower lvl4).

Yeah, I got all the good gear and stuff yesterday and got quite lucky with a bow craft in around 100 alts, 200 chromatics and got those mods in only 3 resonators. I went into spiritual aid since its such a big damage boost compared to some other nodes and an even bigger boost by using a bound fossil to get the inc minion damage mod on the bow. It turns out at around a 26% damage boost which can be as much as a support gem. I also put my Phase Run at level 20 into the same link setup as my CWDT IC and put in inc duration to both so that I can get true 100% uptime on phase run and slightly longer IC.

I've got around 2.5 million DPS (using blood magic, no flasks etc) which is easily the best DPS I've had on any build for only 5ex investment. Pretty good clearing without the explosion bow aswell.

I'm very happy with the DPS but using Blood Magic feels a bit weird. Although it does let me do no leech/regen etc maps. I've only got 163 unreserved mana and I can only cast BV 2-3 times before completely running out. I would rather just use Blood Magic than have to use a mana flask multiple times whenever I want to get my stacks up. I will try to get the boot enchant but it would do absolutely nothing on a solo boss. Things such as clarity watchers eye and the like also wouldn't really work as I'm able to cast too few times for the 10% proc to work. I don't really mind using Blood Magic too much as I've got more than enough DPS to kill any boss in the game but y'know the more the better. I could have just over 3 million DPS without needing to use BM. I've tried thinking about any possible things to counter it but really I can't think of anything at all other than some combination of reduced mana reservation or a LOT of mana regen, both of which would most likely require sacrificing other passive nodes etc.

Nonetheless, thanks a lot for the guide. I'm enjoying the build immensely and its very very impressive damage for such small investment.
Last edited by nadiayorc on Apr 15, 2019, 9:48:01 AM
48 Quality on bow and 2000 fusing later... still no 6link... what game...i´ve never felt so betrayed.
Pretty cool build, I saw your Char while looking around on Poe Ninja for builds I could play and saw a blade vortex build and was curious about whats the highest dps on poe Ninja for bv and saw your build, I wanted to see what you did and why your damage was so high after looking at the build in PoB I thought that I should play the build in the future and seeing you post it on reddit and you having a guide on it made me happy. Nice build, well written and I will definetly play it in the next 1 month or next League if it's still viable since iam done with this league for now.
Last edited by AhmetPro on Apr 20, 2019, 8:51:32 PM
any tips on how to BV on ssf with chief?
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
Thank you for the good information. I think that is a very interesting build.
By the way, I came up with one improvement point.
I think that physical damage can be greatly enhanced by using "Cold Steel Viridian Jewel" in the socket at the top of Blast Radius.

Is this worth it?
Any ideas for this with the new Chieftain changes? I'm thinking BV is going to be real nice in Legion.
Looks awesome as a starter and minmax potential to the late, late, lategame :) Good job dude.

Got a question. In pob, im changing the ascendency to juggernaut (just because i love endurance charges / tankyness and stun/freeze/chain immunity). The build lose about 35% damage but the overall tankyness goes through the roof and lab farming would also be a breeze.
Do you think it could work or is it just a "pob fairytale"?

Again - awesome job with the guide and build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info