So after killing shaper and some more this league I thought I try the PS4 Version AND.......

A : A much better working UI and HUD.

B : In game trading. This is MAAAASSSIVE and its WORKING.

How it works : You got trade boards, but you can also just click your option button and in there is your trade.

Just like for anyone else you place what you want to sell in your stash, put in a price and this is it.

To buyout, you check trades, here is it more tricky since you get a list of all item categories and all items under that, for example I want to find Belly of the Beast easiest, i got to Body Armor, lvl 46 Str/Dex based. Or I can list all body armors in trade and browse.

But thats not the thing.

When soemone bids on my product, I get a POPUP even in maps, with the Item, my price, their offer (they can make different offer), and then I just go into my options and either accept or reject. If I accept I just take my currency and continue.

So when you want to buy something, you need to lock in your currency to that trade and wait for the person to react, obviously you can choose to only see trades where the owner is online.

Its sooo easy, so good. No chat, no need to talk, no discussion, accept or reject the offer, move on.

Prices : First 2 days was a little nuts with some people super rushing end game content and listing things for 1-2 exalt for crap items.
That price dropped asap once they got into their brain that probably 75% of the POE population on PS4 are new and the rest, wont have that kind of currency.

Took about 2 days for prices to totally stabilize and right now, its cheaper to trade in POE on PS4 in league, then it was after 10 days of Syntesis league on PC.

Gameplay, loading times etc : What loading times? On the PS4 pro its seconds to load in anywhere. There are zero freezes when syndicate shows up.

I had stutter and frame rate drop once, when I pulled half an area plus an Abyss (Green dot) which double spawned in a corner, and it was barely noticable frame rate drop.

Once you learn how to pick up loot as the game depending on your loot filter actually prioritize certain things over others so once your used to this looting goes as fast as on PC, even faster very often.

Combat is more fluid since you dont point and click but have full control of your movements.

Potions : Never have it been easier to play path finder, since if you use your bumper stick to drink a potion, and have more of the same potion, it will automatically use the next same potion in line. So press 1 button for your 3-4 quick silver flasks. This is an option btw I havent seen this in the PC version but I might be blind but it made especially playing Pathfinder a joy, never been so easy to actually just akeep potions ongoing 247.

In the end: I bought currency tab, unique tab, map stash tab, and actually all the special tabs plus some extras.

Could write more but one thing is sure > After playing POE on and off on PC for years, its time to say good bye and move to Console. Its simply as the game should be on PC.

If you think otherwise, you have not played the game on console for more then 5 minutes or not at all. Once your over the first hurdle of how things work, its so stream lined and easy.

And personally I prefer to play on my 4k 60 inch screen with zero issues.

No Global chat, no trade chat.
Play the game, trade from wherever you are.
You want to browse items or check what something cost that just dropped in your map? Open up the trade window (Auction house) and see what people take for the item. You need to go to your hideout to place it in the auction house though but hey.

No more 3rd party software, trying to chat with people, having to go somewhere, or even be hazzled.

And lets be honest, if they get the consoles to flow and both Xbox people and Ps4 players to really kick it, thats a player base that is so much more massive then the PC player base its no joke. And they know it.
One thing is clear. This was no last minute idea implemented on a whim. Its bloody a better version then the PC version and personally, I gladly say good bye to stutter and latency and hello to my little friend on Console.

have fun on PC guys, I sure as heck am not going back despite quite some Euros invested in all stash upgrades and extra galore.
I play for fun and its just way more fun on PS4, as Im sure its on Xbox X as well.
I would NOT run this on standard PS4 as a last note, thats not going to end well.

Last bumped on Mar 30, 2019, 2:26:34 PM
Nope

ya i was SHOCKED when i found out about xbox trade and how it was done with the noticeboards in game.

it is a much simpler system, but also takes more time. like honestly im not opposed to an auction house - as in you put something up for sale (just like how its on poe.trade or the official site through premium tabs as it is) but instead of having to search, invite, party, go to hideout, trade, let me just click buy and buy immediately and get the item immediately.

no more need to leave maps, nexus, delve, etc in order to sell. and no more waiting for people to never respond when trying to buy

seriously just make this happen. what is the bad shit about this? price fixing? bots? that already fucking happens with our current system. whats the god damn difference except making it easier on everyone?
Did you try it on console? WHoever dont believe this have not played it on console.

The game currently on console is as it should be on the PC.

The trading alone is worth the transition from PC to Console.
"
xMustard wrote:
ya i was SHOCKED when i found out about xbox trade and how it was done with the noticeboards in game.

it is a much simpler system, but also takes more time. like honestly im not opposed to an auction house - as in you put something up for sale (just like how its on poe.trade or the official site through premium tabs as it is) but instead of having to search, invite, party, go to hideout, trade, let me just click buy and buy immediately and get the item immediately.

no more need to leave maps, nexus, delve, etc in order to sell. and no more waiting for people to never respond when trying to buy

seriously just make this happen. what is the bad shit about this? price fixing? bots? that already fucking happens with our current system. whats the god damn difference except making it easier on everyone?

Agreed not sure why they dont have it in the PC version.

And please note : Notice boards.
This is what I thought too, even having to run to the notice boards was way easier.
Until i realized you dont.

You can just click your options button and you get up market place.

You can literally do all shopping from your hideout, or you can EVEn do shopping while in your map, if you got currency with you, stick it in.
And the reply from buyers and sellers are very fast.
Its become a thing already to react immediately since hey, its there, its easy, why not.

So when you offer on something with the price listed, you usually have the item in your inventory within seconds.

And yeah I mention auction house cause its exactly what it is. A fully working, fully integrated, and stream lines auction house that you can reach from anywhere, anytime. Its awsome.
"
Gissur wrote:
Did you try it on console? WHoever dont believe this have not played it on console.

The game currently on console is as it should be on the PC.

The trading alone is worth the transition from PC to Console.

You have no characters higher than level 92, ever.

In fact, from looking at your gear, I'm not sure you've ever even worn a 6-link other than a Tabula.

So I'm pretty sure you have no idea what trade even looks like when you're optimizing a build after 100 hours on a single character in a league.

You can't search for reasonable incremental upgrades on console, at all. You can get uniques via noticeboards and otherwise just have to wade through entire mountains of shit to find anything.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 29, 2019, 3:41:00 PM
One thing to note by the way.

You need PS4 Plus to play POE online. Since without PS4 Plus you cant play online on the PS4, very simple, and its obviously account bound.

I mention this cause you wont have people creating an account to do some shady stuff, since that will cost atleast a 1 month subscription and a possible ban, and a potential ban of your entire PS4 account.

The X (Insert country) farmers and bot traders wont exist. Thats a PC exclusive issue which plagues all PC games with any kind of trading. But is close to none existant on Consoles.

Also the Chat implementation. In my opinion, keep it off. Zero need to implement it.

You already have a way to identify what players are in your vicinity and its super easy to form groups if you want this.

Since you can get a popup and view peoples level and class with 1 button press. Obviously not working in your hideout but anyway.

I did not mind restarting the league, even though I this league on PC got 2 characters Im doing t15, t16 maps with and invested alot of time on the PC in trade and farm. Thats fine. I play for fun and moving over to Console was a pure pleasure.
"
xMustard wrote:

On XB, you are notified during gameplay of trade offers accepted/received, but you do need to leave the map, delve etc in order to complete a transaction.

The system is nice and simple, but searching for specific features on a specific item can take a minute to sift through on the boards.

It is a simple and clean system though.
"
snp_deimos wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

On XB, you are notified during gameplay of trade offers accepted/received, but you do need to leave the map, delve etc in order to complete a transaction.

The system is nice and simple, but searching for specific features on a specific item can take a minute to sift through on the boards.

It is a simple and clean system though.

Oh how we need it on PC.
I've considered getting a ps4 for my kids and I was considering trying out the poe on there. I still don't know if I will get one or not but your post makes me want to at least try poe if I get them a ps4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info