[3.6] Willemh's Aurabot - Life Based - 17 Auras, 1 Aspect - 164% aura effect

After 4 leagues playing an aurabot and learning much about them I decided to write this guide.

Build explanation

Spoiler
Historically an aurabot wearing Victario's Influence had 2 options to deal with chaos damage. 1) Capped chaos resist with Prism Guardian 2)Blood magic with Coruscating Elixir. Option 1 removed the option to wear Dying Breath, sacrificing 18% aura effectiveness. Option 2 is extremely clunky to play.

Because of the power creep in recent patches it's now possible to get enough "Reduced mana reserved" to allow us to just reserve our mana instead of health. The life based aurabot is born.

+ Extremely high aura affect by utilizing Dying Breath
+ Life based so no clunky chaos damage business
+

Aura effectiveness

Spoiler
This build focuses fully on your auras and maximizing their effectiveness: 164% for all aura's in your chest, 115% for all other auras.

We achieve this with:
69% from your talent tree
18% from Dying Breath
15% from Victario's Influence
10% from our Ascendant Guardian ascendancy
3% from Conqueror's Potency
49% from Generosity (chest auras only)

What does this mean for our auras?
- Purities: 10% maximum resist
- Ascendant Guardian ascendancy: 2% physical damage reduction per aura
- Ascendant Necro ascendancy: 7% attack speed per aura in your chest, 6% for all other auras.
- A huge increased effect for all other auras we use in our build.

Gear and Talent tree
Spoiler
Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/JprSCy0Q
Talent tree: http://poeurl.com/clFQ

Notable passives:
Iron reflexes: Grace and Determination will provide you with a LOT of armor. Physical damage will not be an issue for you!

Weapon:
The most significant deviation from the traditional aurabot. This staff gives us 18% aura effectiveness and provides our allies with an additional 18% increased damage on top of that!

Chest:
An aura support without Victario's, isn't an aura support. This chest is key in providing strong auras. Because of the 30% reduced mana reserved, all auras in this chest reserve no mana. Endgame option is a +1 or +2 corruption (both are equally strong because we use empower).

Helm:
Alpha's Howl remains the most solid option for an aurabot. Providing us with level 23 purities and 8% reduced mana reserved. Try to get a lab enchant for any of your auras except the ones in your chest (those are allready free, so reducing their cost is useless).

Boots:
Skyforths provide us with an additional 6% reduced mana reserved

Gloves:
Tombfists provide us with some life and 2 sockets for 2 reduced mana reserved jewels. Additionally they enable us to Intimidate and Maim our main target with Smite.

Belt:
2 abys sockets so we can get another 2% reduced mana reserved (the 50% increased effect doesn't work for the reduced mana reserved unfortunately because 1.5% is rounded down per individual jewel)

Amulet:
Here we can use either a Shaped amulet or a synthesized one. 5% reduced mana reserved is a must, life is great, strength, chaos resist or an aura skill to free up a gem slot is nice. You will also need a total of 44 Dex from either amulet, rings or jewels to use level 21 Haste and Phase Run. Endgame option is a neck that provides the Envy skill.

Ring:
Anything with a lot of life and strength, chaos resist is a nice bonus. Note that either your amulet, or one of your rings needs an open suffix to craft Aspect of the Spider. As a endgame option you can corrupt your rings to get increased aura effect on your offensive aura's.

Jewels:
You'll need 16 corrupted jewels with 1% reduced mana reserved.
- Conqueror's Potency
- Conqueror's Efficiency
- Any jewel with life. Anatomical Knowledge is usually the cheapest option. Anything else like armour, evasion, strength, chaos res is a nice bonus.
Endgame options are:
-Intuitive Leap to save 3 skillpoints reaching the Charisma (and possibly the Potency of Will) node
-Watcher's Eye with any usefull stat (I personally rate increased life regen from flasks, chaos resist and movement speed as most valuable.)
-Might of the Meek for insane life from the life wheel.

Potions:
Because we have no life regen due to Skyforths, life flasks are extremely important. What combination of life flasks you prefer is entirely up to you. I went for Panicked and Catalyzed. Silver and quicksilver flasks for movement speed and the 5th slot is free for your defensive flask of choice. Soul catcher/ripper is viable to enable more frequent use of our vaal skills

Skills and links
Spoiler
Chest: Empower-Wrath-Anger-Vaal Haste+Haste-Zealotry-Hatred
5-link is usually enough to provide empower for all the auras that matter for your carry (either Zealotry or Hatred will likely be very weak for your carry) but feel free to 6-link! Also feel free to swap malevolence in your chest if your carry happens to play a build that benefits a lot from it.

Helm: Purity of ice/fire/lightning to reach the level 23 breakpoint needed for the extra max res.

All other skills can be socketed anywhere in your gear, no links are needed.
-Animate guardian: Kingmaker, Victario's flight, Leer Cast, Southbound soldier gloves and Gruthkul's Pelt or Ambu's charge.
-Dread banner: With all the aura effect we have this banner becomes quite effective at reducing the accuracy of mobs. Expect around 50% less accuracy. Remember banners stack so make sure your carry uses one too.
-Phase run: Your main movement ability
-Flame dash: Your secondary movement ability
-Smite: Provides another aura
-Enduring cry: Provide endurance charges for yourself and the group through conduit.
-All other auras: Clarity, Determination, Vaal Grace+Grace, Malevolence, Vitality, Discipline, Purity of Elements

If you get an unset ring or free a gem slot by getting an aura on your neck you can go for increased duration linked to smite/phase run/vaal grace. Feel free to get Vaal Discipline/impurities as well if your carry likes it.

Bandits and Pantheon
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill all
Pantheon: Soul of Shakari and Soul of the Brine King, feel free to change, nothing mandatory.

Leveling
Spoiler
An aurabot doesn't level alone, find a friend, go for the reduced mana reserved nodes straight away and use standard leveling skills to reach act 3. Then start running 3 auras. Add auras as you obtain more levels/better gear. If you want to level alone anyway go for some standard leveling build and be ready to spend a lot of regrets!

Gameplay
Spoiler
Phase run-Enduring Cry-Smite-Phase run is pretty much all you'll be doing. Make sure you keep your carry in your screen. Your AoE radius is quite large, but not much larger then the visibility of your screen (feel free to test it with your carry to get a good idea of your effective range).

Thats it, hopefully you like this build. Feel free to ask questions and provide feedback below!
Last edited by Willemhubers on Mar 27, 2019, 6:53:00 PM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2019, 4:41:37 AM
nice guide!! but this gear isnt cheap :D mabye later at some point of the league i'll be able to swap to it :P
Hi,

Nice guide! It's always refreshing to see new ideas of build coming out, this one surely is interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try this league, when I have the currency for it.

Thanks for the guide :)
bad build. mainly because you lose so much defenses from using Dying Breath.

not being CI is a huge detriment, and yes you can make this build WORK WITH CI. It requires more investment into Empower & Enlighten 4s, though.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 22, 2019, 11:23:12 PM
The first Build with Skyforth that I find interesting.

If im ever to sacrifice my sweet sweet Zealoth's Oath Sustainability, then it will be for Dying Breath.

Gruthkuls Pelts is important for the AG, cause of the Lifereg. Even with it and Minion Life my AG dies in T16 Memories... What that fucker really needs is a skill rework. Make it go on cooldown for 10 mins, but not lose all Gear. the trading is just annoying.

Im trying Stat-stacking with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mask_of_the_Tribunal
Which works nicely too.

May I ask how much Life do you end up with?
"
Karunga wrote:
The first Build with Skyforth that I find interesting.

If im ever to sacrifice my sweet sweet Zealoth's Oath Sustainability, then it will be for Dying Breath.

Gruthkuls Pelts is important for the AG, cause of the Lifereg. Even with it and Minion Life my AG dies in T16 Memories... What that fucker really needs is a skill rework. Make it go on cooldown for 10 mins, but not lose all Gear. the trading is just annoying.

Im trying Stat-stacking with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mask_of_the_Tribunal
Which works nicely too.

May I ask how much Life do you end up with?

Link your AG with Minion Life + Minion Speed (optional) & Minion & Totem Elemental Resistance & he shouldn't ever die.

Edit: IF you use a Hungry Loop ring (which is ABSOLUTELY NOT REQUIRED), put Empower there (reminder that Gem Quality DOES NOT MATTER; this ring also refuses to devour level 21 gems!)
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 8, 2019, 1:45:14 AM
Still, how much do you End up with?
Or EHP - I presume you still run Discipline...

Also: Ridiculously the Champion gets 15% increased Aura Effect.
That would bring Purities to 220% --> +11 max resist.

Hes a pain to travel on the Tree, but a fair Argument could be made that you dont need Iron Reflexes.
He might be a worthwhile support in 3.7 if the meta goes full melee.
Last edited by Karunga on Apr 12, 2019, 4:31:31 AM
"
Karunga wrote:

Hes a pain to travel on the Tree, but a fair Argument could be made that you dont need Iron Reflexes.

As you can see in my path of building link I had 7k health and 1.2k ES. With all the armor, flat phys reduction and max res you have it is more then sufficient so survive t16 maps with ease.

I don't think 1% max resist is worth losing all the attack and cast speed you gain from the Scion Necro ascendancy.
Last edited by Willemhubers on Apr 20, 2019, 4:11:27 PM
"
Willemhubers wrote:
"
Karunga wrote:

As you can see in my path of building link I had 7k health and 1.2k ES. With all the armor, flat phys reduction and max res you have it is more then sufficient so survive t16 maps with ease.

I don't think 1% max resist is worth losing all the attack and cast speed you gain from the Scion Necro ascendancy.

scion-champion doesn't even get that perk. 8% movement speed would not bring you to your next movement speed BKP (breakpoint).

Dropping Scion-Guardian is not an option, as he gives 10% inc. effect of non-curse auras from your skills (which affects Victario Auras.)
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 22, 2019, 11:26:27 PM
Willemhubers, great job! Do you have enough speed w\o haste?

Karunga, Champ is pretty fun in support role. Know build that utilize tauant and warcrys, not "BiS" but still good support.

bvanharjr, also any asc auras don't get bonuses from %inc auras =\
https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740943/page/1#p22777382 - переход на офф клиент.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info