[3.6] Purifying Flame Chieftain | 5mil+ DPS and 7.5k+ Life | All content viable

Trying this build in standard but no rings available as yet.
Any good alternatives? am using an elder and shaper rings but RF is burning my life away, any ideas?
Thanks.
Character is BiggassDickus.
Last edited by EDMOSES on Apr 17, 2019, 12:47:30 AM
I'm pretty much wrapping up my playthrough of this build, so I'd thought I would share my thoughts and tips.

The first point is that the survivabililty tips needs to be taken religiously. This build will get blown up when you first get to maps unless you're prepared.

In addition to swapping in IC instead of Flammability curse, I want to add that having Koam's ready is also pretty key. Which means you really just need a 5L decent staff when starting out, so you can equip Koam's instead of Tabula.

OP's staff is unreal in how good it is and you'll eventually want to try and buy/craft a similar one, but any dumpy 5L will do to start mapping along with Kaoms. The damage and sustain will be fine.

I highly recommend going for the best of both worlds and using IC & Flammability with these:

Flammability implicit gloves are going for ~80c and can easily be self synthesized. It takes Adds # to # Fire Damage to Attacks (46-100). There are a steady stream of these gloves being made because players are trying to make Phys to Fire conversion implicit gloves which take the same values. If you craft your own and happen to hit on the phys to fire, congrats you are rich! You don't need them with this build so just sell them for 10ex. With Flammabilty curse implicit you can use IC with your CWDT setup, and the odds are you will even get +% to Fire Damage to boot!

Despite having a much worse staff than OP, and missing a few key damage mods like -9 fire res on helm, %damage on belt, I was still able to get my character to over 3M DPS. Once you are over 7.5k Life you're probably better off adding more damage rather than more life. You really just want to be able to soak some burst and then unleash your fire blitz. I was able to kill UE and have so far delved to about 280 no problem.

This was a fun build, so thanks to OP.
nice build,i really love your build!!I played 2 week agos,now im play Templa Hierophant build totem, i really like wanna build a meele tanker like marauder!!
SO if u can please post skill stree 4 part
part 1: lv 1-30
part 2: lv 30-50
part 3: lv 50-70
part 4: lv 70 -90
It;s easier for any 1 is a newbie like me follow and play!!
Thank!
just ask: Pandit Quest chose who?
Last edited by mrvinhthai184 on Apr 20, 2019, 8:02:25 AM
Hi there! Really enjoying this build as I push into endgame. Thanks for the concept and the detailed write-up.

Finally got myself started on the mythical Giga Staff, and landed two of the three big affixes. As I review my options for multi-modding, I'm wondering if you've experimented with focus affixes.

Adding "chance to deal double damage while focussed" (suffix) to my staff and "increased attack and cast speed while focussed" to my gloves gives me a pretty huge DPS increase (~870K) ... but, of course, that only applies 33% of the time.

This certainly feels like it would be advantageous for bossing. And most regular mobs blow up instantly anyway, so the consistency loss from losing a staff suffix (e.g. double damage or cast speed) shouldn't be too bad for mapping, etc.? But – not totally sure!

Would love to hear your thoughts – or anyone else's! Thanks again.
Last edited by baltar69 on Apr 20, 2019, 11:36:43 PM
so...I hit CWC

Kinda sad to give that up lol
I recently got my first Uber Elder Kill ever using a CA trickster and wanted to try something new. I have tried a some other builds to mix it up (conc path and magma orb) and have decided to give this one a try also and have been enjoying it.

My currency is kind of limited from trying out different things, but I picked up 2 of the rings and a kaom's. My question is would a 6 linked Pledge of hands (left over from my magma orb guy) hold me over until i can afford to either buy or craft a new staff? Would I just swap spell echo and arcane surge in the links?
"
Zyke92 wrote:
Hey and thanks for the build.

Wanted to give me 2 cents on the build after killing Uber Elder on it.

I personally had a bit of a period around end of act 10 and early maps where my character was absurdly weak, having 4-5k health does not make a character tanky and that goes for the rest of the game as well.

I ended up having around 8.1k life, but i would not consider myself tanky at all, i've been oneshot multiple times since life is literally the only defense (cant regen oneshots LUL)... Therefore i also personally find immortal call almost mandatory for bosses in order to get in there and actually start to damage / regen / leech before getting insta-gibbed.

Anyway, the character is insanely fun once you get some cast speed (spell echo is pretty awkward with low cast speed) and the aoe is insanely fun as well. I would say this is a pretty good mapper, because when you're not getting smashed to death in one hit, the sustain is amazing and the aoe is so satisfying.

Overall the damage was pretty damn good. Uber Elder felt pretty easy a part from me playing the worst i ever have on that fight and since we only have life as defense, i would recommend maybe a dream fragment to replace a herald of ash ring, since we can get hit so hard we get frozen.

I personally wouldn't recommend trying to craft a staff yourself, maybe i was just unlucky, but in 4000 alterations the best i ever hit is what i'm using now (hit arcane surge + fire damage to spells). Never saw two of the mods mentioned in the staff crafting section.

So to sum up, great damage, feels insanely fun to play with end game gear and lots of cast speed, personally would not consider this tanky, but whenever i could face tank, it felt pretty damn good. Delving at around depth 250 was pretty sketchy, since i would regularly get chunked for 7k+ hits (mods were a bit rough) and since there is basically zero defense besides life, getting caught off guard in darkness is extremely sketchy (unlike for example my divine ire trickster, which i consider much more tanky than this).

Overall really enjoyed it and was fun playing something a bit off meta with the chieftain (never played chieftain before).

Thanks!

My staff

Was a expensive and stressfull nightmare to make. The combo of +2 fire gems and one of the other two mods are very rare. +2 fire gems w/ arcane surge is a pipe dream and if it happens it will probably be level 16. I spent thousands of alts. Thousands. Would not do it again.

OP stripped his Chieftan. Welp, that's reassuring....

Ya...moved on. Probably my worse and most expensive build in a while. I mean hitting like a truck is all well and good but, something about it. Just meh and fairly slow.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 26, 2019, 1:15:09 PM
Hello, first time commenting on a build. I'm currently running your build for both a standard and hardcore league play through and having a lot of fun using it. I managed to get a Realmshaper early on for leveling and later managed to get it to Realm Ender and I love using it for leveling with this build.

Great Job!!!
Despite the build being a bit less tanky than OP suggests, I had a lot of fun with this guy!

Wrapped up with the league now, and dumping my gear to experiment with builds before 3.7. If anyone is interested in trying this one out, I'd be happy to sell my crafted staff at cost of materials (6L base + cost of crafted mods). As other posters have mentioned, crafting this thing can be a huge time sink (and alt orb sink), and I'm happy to spare another player that process.

PM me if interested :)
As I mentioned in my previous post I went ahead and took the crit inquisitor route with life. I ended up not using Kaom's Heart as I had originally intended, instead opting for an MoM/EB with The Devouring Diadem and a 5-Link Loreweave for a Wave of Conviction setup.

The DPS, when level 93 and geared out, can reach 6.5m with all the bells and whistles going. On average, it hits for 2m and doesn't have top tier survivability but doesn't get popped thanks to defensive measures. All-in-all the whole skill is kind of just mid-tier. It didn't perform worse than expected but I would say it's not performing to the heights of things like Divine Ire and Chaos builds.

One thing I really enjoyed about it was the leveling process. This thing just zooms with basic leveling gear. I'd imagine it's no better than Divine Ire but it was still a fun experience.

Solid 5/7 would not do next league, literally because Synthesis isn't going core and you won't be able to get the Herald of Ash rings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info