[3.6] Wave of Conviction / Holy Flame Totem Hierophant | 4.5m Shaper DPS

You too can look this cool with this build *

*: Also with extensive microtransactions.

Wave of Conviction is a high-damaging physical conversion spell released in 3.6. Its interesting in that the more your cast it, the less range you have, while your damage skyrockets. So, I figured totems would be a good way to make up for the lack of range seeing as how I can create the origin point of the spell wherever I want, and boy does this shit hurt.

Pros/Cons

Spoiler

Pros:

+ Over 900k DPS per totem (5 totems), with very high gear scaling that can push it extremely high
+ Holy Flame Totem with Faster Projectiles clears out trash with little investment as it benefits from all the things Wave of Conviction does
+ Holy Flame Totem instantly removes all curses from Soul Mantle, negating the need for even a Warding flask
+ Lazy totem playstyle means you sit back while things are destroyed unless its the Syndicate who instantly teleport on you because that's fun
+ Almost 5k life, 2k MoM mana, and ~2k energy shield mean you can actually take a hit.

Cons:

- Wave of Conviction starts with a large AOE, but rapidly shrinks as it casts repeatedly, meaning its only for single target not clear.
- Sometimes you might have 50 curses on you before you step into the Consecrated Ground of a Holy Flame totem and sometimes you might explode because of that. So, not very Hardcore viable

The Build

Spoiler

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/NxR9hyMU
Bandit: Alira
Pantheon: None specific to the build. Phys damage reduction is nice.
Ascendancy: Hierophant

Pursuit of Faith -> Ritual of Awakening -> Divine Guidance -> Sanctuary of Thought

Gems / Links

Spoiler

Main six-link in Soul Mantle (with Spell Totem support built in):

Wave of Conviction + Added Fire Damage + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Concentrated Effect + Faster Casting

Five-link in Shaper gloves

Faster Projectiles (Shaper Mod) + Holy Flame Totem + Added Fire Damage + Infused Channeling + Elemental Focus

Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge

Immortal Call + Cast when Damage Taken + Increased Duration + Vaal Righteous Fire

Herald of Ash and Zealotry can go wherever. If you have an Enlighten, awesome, more effective HP for you.

I also Self-cast Assassin's Mark because totem users are among the few that can actually self-cast curses without damage loss.

Gear

Spoiler

The new Circle of Anguish with Increased Herald of Ash buff effect is an insane boost of damage, nearly 20% more.

Other than Soul Mantle there are no required uniques for this build.

A Shaper Shield with +1 totems will be a huge boost to your overall damage, but it won't affect clearspeed much so its not completely necessary.

Things to look for:

- Gain Physical damage as extra (anything)
- Elemental penetration
- Spell crit chance
- Cast speed
- 120% crit until you crit yourself Lab enchant (We don't crit, our totems do)

Playstyle

Spoiler

For clear, run around dropping Holy Flame totems everywhere and occasionally run over the Consecrated Ground it creates to cleanse all your curses from Soul Mantle.

For single target, drop all five Wave of Conviction totems right on top of the target and curse with Assassin's Mark for extra crit damage.

Remember your totems can actually die, so don't throw them directly in front of bosses like Shaper who will beam them out of existence. Place them behind / use your brain.

If you find yourself dying, disable Zealotry to drastically increase your effective health with Mind over Matter. You'll still do a shit ton of damage.

Updates:

3/21/2019: Guide first added, still leveling / gearing.
Last edited by SoupJoond on Mar 21, 2019, 5:29:47 PM
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2019, 1:27:28 AM
What was your budget for the listed gear roughly?
Was roughly 5-6ex. Most expensive parts were the +1 totem shield and the HoA Buff effect ring. Linked the Soul Mantle myself so it was cheap.
Just starting new character, trying this build, well I'm following this guide. I was wondering if I could just kill all the bandits for 2 more passive skills and potentially get more dps. Also noticed no leveling guide, would going to the left and getting "Ancestral Bond" first better than going right? I'm guessing left first. Also Could I do the same build but on a scion? and Get more defenses and dps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info