[3.6] Massive DPS Summoner | Bossing Variant for 16mil+ Burst Shaper DPS | Budget Starter Available

Currently updating guide

Build Thread Updates
Spoiler
-Changed title text to display a more achievable Shaper DPS number
-Removed shock from all PoBs as this was providing a very incorrect number
-Reworked ALL Path of Building Links due to a change pointed out by @Isomorphicsm that allowed the build to drop 6-9 points on the tree!
-Added Bossing and Experimental variants that focus around damage alone and can be pushed to around 16mil+ Note: This was created for my own needs so may not be ethical for majority of players!
-Added section in regards to fitting shock into the build
-Added Phase Acrobatics Version to Path of Building Section - traveled more on the right side of the tree to help with Dexterity requirements
-Added quick section as to why Burst wording is present
-Added FAQ Section and included run through of the different gear interactions to hit these damage numbers - Will update as queries, if any, come through
-Finished Path of Building Section and added 4 somewhat different Trees and setups!
-Finished Gems Section completely to include all gem links I am currently using
-Finished Budget Gear Section
-Finished Ascendancy Section
To-do List
-Add the following sections:
Spectre Info, i86 Spectre Summoning, Videos, Levelling Section

Introduction
Let me start by saying I love Spectre builds. The versatility and amount of ways they can be played is just amazing.
For this build I am using primarily a combo of 2x Cannibal Fire-eaters and 2x Solar Guards. This provides a good mix of damage and clear speed. The damage output of upto 21mil Shaper is based on 4x Cannibal Fire-eaters and a pretty crazy amount of gear combos but the build can easily be done on just a few chaos to start.
I've had a focus each league where I've tried to push the damage out to numbers that personally I have not seen before! This is that build in many different forms!

Why Burst?
Because Vaal Haste and Shock only last so long! However bosses without Phases should be dead well before then!

Where does Shock come from?
Shock comes from the crafted Suffix "Shock nearby enemies for 4 seconds when you focus". This provides a massive damage buff to our minions for 4 seconds!

This suffix, as far as I know, is only craft-able on rings!
(Will update with a piece of gear containing this suffix once I am home from work)

New to Summoners or this build?
If you are new to Summoners, Spectres, are doing this as a league start or even stumbled across this build, I would highly recommend building the HP Stacking version first then transitioning into the Damage variant!

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All for 2 Passive Points

As a Summoner we are usually passive point starved!

If you want to Help Alira and gain some resistances but this can be found on gear very easily having mostly rare items!

Gear
Spoiler
Budget Gear
This section focuses solely on budget gear only. Nothing that will cost more than a few chaos total to gear up!

Helmet

Provides a nice amount of life whilst providing your minions some decent life regen

+2 to minion gems and a nice amount of flat spectre life
Any rare helmet would work here in its place with life and resists

Body Armor

+1 to maximum spectres and 15% increased minion damage - Currently 1 Chaos to buy and will take only a few jewellers and fusing to reach a 4-link as a minimum if you socket your Spectre gems here
Any rare chest with life and resists will work just fine as well!

Belt
Any rare belt with life and resists

Gloves
Any rare gloves with life and resists

Boots

+1 to maximum spectre and a small amount of movement speed - very cheap, usually around 1 fusing to buy

Weapon

Staple weapon to use here with shield charge but the attack speed increased on the weapon does not function with that movement skill anymore
High attack speed rare base or anything for that matter will work just fine and can provide you with useful stats like Dexterity etc if needed!

Shield

Best in slot - Allows your minions to gain frenzy charges on hit. This provides a massive damage increase - Very cheap to buy starting at 1 Chaos

Rings and Amulet
Rare rings are really best in slot here with Life and resists
Amulet can be a rare as well also with life and resists

Can be used in place of a rare - provides nice amount of life and a very high amount of life recovery that pairs amazingly with a nice life flask!

All in all maybe 4-6 Chaos!

There isnt really too much to budget gear, just fill out the blanks with gear that will allow you to at least cap your resistances at 75% or get close! This is just a guide for how I ran the build as a league start!
Mid Range Gear - in progress!
End-Game Gear - in progress!

GEMS
Spoiler
Chest - Main Damage 4L/5L/6L

5-link

6-link
Helmet/Gloves/Boots - Auras/Curses/Animate Guardian - 4L
Dual-Curse
Using Storm Brand here to apply this to mobs and bosses, works amazingly!
Auras
Vaal Haste + Zealotry provide a massive damage increase and movement speed increase for you and your minions!
Anger will eventually be your third Aura. This needs to be linked with Generosity. See below!

If you want to use Generosity, this will give you more damage and ensure Anger does not effect you! If you use Anger without Generosity, your Elemental Equilibrium will have a negative effect on your minions damage!
Animate Guardian 3-link + Flesh Offering
Animate Guardian with Combustion + Minion Life (may swap for Multistrike to ensure ignites apply to bosses - see FAQ for interaction info!)
Flesh Offering for boosting that minion damage!
If you want to be more defensive and you have Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendancy, you can slot in Bone Offering instead for some Block Chance!
2x Unset Rings
Desecrate + Convocation
You do not require 2x Unset Rings as these can easily be put into the links above.
For example if you want to drop the Minion Life from the Animate Guardian or even the Animate Guardian all together!
Weapon/Shield - Movement Skill/CWDT+IC - 3L
These Gems can be placed into either the Weapon or Shield!
Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks

Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Personally I prefer CWDT as Level 7 and Immortal Call as Level 9. If I am above say 6.5k-7k HP I usually up this a level or two. Personal preference here really!

Path of Building
Spoiler
Brief Overview
If you are new to Summoners, Spectres, are doing this as a league start or even stumbled across this build, I would highly recommend building the HP Stacking version first then transitioning into the Damage variant as you gain more currency and items!

NOTE: Shock has been disabled on all PoBs below however when you shock an enemy using the Ring Suffix "Shock nearby enemies for 4 seconds when you focus", minions are dealing 20% MORE damage.
PoB does not calculate this correctly.

20% MORE on top of the below numbers :)

Bossing Mode - 13Mil+ Shaper - No stun immunity
https://pastebin.com/KaZDaS7v
HP sitting around 6.2k HP - Dropped Necromantic Aegis as Storm Brand is more than enough to keep Frenzy Charges up on bosses with Victario's Charity alone.
This means you are providing the frenzy charges for your minions! *Pointed out by @Isomorphicsm - thanks!
This can be pushed higher by min-maxing your gear and jewels but have scaled down the gear to a more playable and reachable level
Bossing Mode - Stun Immunity with Unwavering Stance
https://pastebin.com/ijhtt880
Currently at 6.7k HP with 12mil+ Shaper DPS. Stun immune due to picking up Unwavering Stance on the tree.
HP Stacking - Less Damage
https://pastebin.com/zakDD8U0
Damage sitting around 1mil per Spectre. The damage can be pushed a lot higher but I have focused here around life only as you can see by the jewels etc

Any questions about this or any of the interactions please dont hesitate to ask!
Experimental Damage Focused Tree
https://pastebin.com/Rf7L85Ju
Currently this is what I am aiming to build by end-game. Should reach around 14-16mil Shaper with 6k Life. Of course I am going to try it out!

Ascendancy
Spoiler
More damage, without Mistress of Sacrifice
Invoker (Normal) --> Soul Weaver (Cruel) --> Commander of Darkness (Merciless) --> Puppet Master (Uber)

Commander of Darkness is great if you are running haste or any other auras especially for the elemental resistances!
If you are able to fit Anger into your build, make sure you link it with generosity otherwise your skill that applies Elemental Equilibrium will have a negative effect! This will also provide your other Auras with a damage buff as they will no longer be affecting you!
Less damage, with Mistress of Sacrifice
Invoker (Normal) --> Soul Weaver (Cruel) --> Mistress of Sacrifice (Merciless) --> Commander of Darkness (Uber)

It all depends on your playstyle. Mistress of Sacrifice first is also a good choice due to providing you with Flesh Offering buffs early on!

FAQ
Spoiler
How am I reaching the 21Mil damage numbers?

A combination of quite a fair few gear, jewel and gem combinations!

Gear

Rare Wand: You can now roll 95% increased minion damage. Combo that with Minion attack and cast speed increased to offer even more damage.

Victario's Charity: along with Necromantic Aegis everytime your minions hit a target they have a chance to gain a frenzy charge. Generally this has 100% uptime.

The Devouring Diadem: Ontop of allowing 3 Auras linked with Generosity due to the reduced mana reservation and nodes on the tree this helmet became best in slot. Now add in 40% Spectre Damage Enchantment from Uber Lab. Godlike. I haven't even started on the benefits of Feast of Flesh.

Gloves: Corrupted with Elemental Weakness level 12 on hit. This means everytime our character hits an enemy with a spell, this third curse is applied to every minion.

Amulet: Corrupted with You can apply an additional curse. Allows you to inflict 3 curses on every enemy you hit with Storm Brand.

Belt: Corrupted with Zealotry has 17% increased Aura Effect. Anything above 17% was not showing any change in DPS for my build.

Aspect of the Avian: A very strong Aura for any minion build.

Jewels

Conqueror's Efficiency: Corrupted with 1% Reduced Mana Reserved this allows for a total of 3% Reduced Mana Reserved.

Rare Jewels: Combined with damage and reduced mana jewels, this allows 3 auras to be on at once. Even though our reserved mana will be 0, the helmet The Devouring Diadem helps out in this regard by providing us with Eldritch Battery.

Minions deal x to x Fire Damage on Jewels: This allows your Animate Guardian to attack with Combustion. Each hit or two should be enough to ignite the enemy providing in more damage (will also provide this with its own section for visibility.

Shock Nearby Enemies for x Seconds whilst you are Focused: Crafted on a ring, each time you activate this, the enemy is then shocked by any incoming damage. I assume this is global shock for all damage (please correct me if this is not the case). Having the enemy shocked provides a HUGE damage increase.

The rest of the build is a work in progress!

I have another Build Guide which I will probably keep separate to this guide as it is more focused around a combo of party and solo play.
Feel free to check it out!
It provides a fairly fast mapper utilizing Phantasms with the Soulwrest Staff whilst still doing at least 4mil+ Shaper DPS with 3x Cannibal Fire-eaters for Single Target and a decent HP pool!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2292533
Last edited by FATKMZ on Mar 24, 2019, 9:30:00 AM
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2019, 12:21:41 PM
Reserved!
Hi really insane dmg but is dodge and spell dodge better? plus you need Eq i put it on +1m dps
hope we can improve it more :)

https://pastebin.com/SyCzgTby
"
JuhlDk wrote:
Hi really insane dmg but is dodge and spell dodge better? plus you need Eq i put it on +1m dps
hope we can improve it more :)

https://pastebin.com/SyCzgTby

Thanks for pointing that out! I have updated the PoB Links that didn't have EE :) Very surprised I missed it lol

Dodge and Spell Dodge was one of the variants I was going to do next along with Max Block/Spell Block. Wanted to see if it was possible to build this using the right side of the tree without losing too much damage and minimal loss to HP.

If it doesn't work out, i'll add the PoB you provided and credit you, if you don't mind of course :)

EDIT:added some words
Last edited by FATKMZ on Mar 20, 2019, 9:54:52 PM
sure
Man you're a monster, trying this right now as my first spectre build!
"
Kbludoo wrote:
Man you're a monster, trying this right now as my first spectre build!

FYI I highly recommend going for the HP Stacking version to begin with then transitioning into more damage as you gain currency and gear as the HP is quite low and might take some getting used to!

Would love to hear what you think of it! Any questions do let me know!
"
JuhlDk wrote:
sure

Have added a Phase Acrobatics Tree! Quite similar to just travelling over to Phase Acro but have put a bit more points into the right side to help out with the Dex requirement of the build more!
Makes it way easier to gear and life+damage is very similar!

5 mirror tier jewels with bugged Bloodgrip which gives you 15 more spell damage on minion, and 3 perfect corrupted items (glove, belt, amulet).
We could talk about the investment later probably. Hope you can get all the gears done by the end of this league.
In addition, you are using animated guardian if I remember correctly. Your AG has around 31k life. Fine, I assume your AG has 40k life with geared on, which means it will get killed very often by AOE, shaper beam, etc. AG with 1.5k+ life regeneration without consecrated buff is far from enough to keep it healthy.
Btw, you have literally 0 block/dodge or life/energy leech. Daidem is fine choice for survive, but still your character is way too fragile since 5 sec cd on feast of flesh.
And since you are using storm to proc EE, then you don't need necro ageis for generating frenzy charges anymore.
Sigh, honestly your POB made me speechless.
"
Isomorphicsm wrote:
5 mirror tier jewels with bugged Bloodgrip which gives you 15 more spell damage on minion, and 3 perfect corrupted items (glove, belt, amulet).
We could talk about the investment later probably. Hope you can get all the gears done by the end of this league.
In addition, you are using animated guardian if I remember correctly. Your AG has around 31k life. Fine, I assume your AG has 40k life with geared on, which means it will get killed very often by AOE, shaper beam, etc. AG with 1.5k+ life regeneration without consecrated buff is far from enough to keep it healthy.
Btw, you have literally 0 block/dodge or life/energy leech. Daidem is fine choice for survive, but still your character is way too fragile since 5 sec cd on feast of flesh.
And since you are using storm to proc EE, then you don't need necro ageis for generating frenzy charges anymore.
Sigh, honestly your POB made me speechless.

Thanks for the pickup. I added that 15% more for allies onto Bloodgrip when Zealotry was not calculated in PoB and clearly didnt pick up on it so have changed everything over. Regardless 21mil is still very high.

I don't see how those jewels are mirror tier?
Are they OP? Yes, but thats the point to get to 21mil. If you take out the damage mod, you are still doing what, 16mil. You could probably change them around if you wanted to and still get pretty high numbers.

I mean I have pointed out multiple times that 5.6k HP is not high at all and I have focused around damage alone for that tree to see what the Cannibal Fire-eaters can reach. I even specified to start off with the HP Stacking tree and transition into more damage if you want to?

If I do not require Necro Aegis, how would my minions receive frenzy charges? Clearly I am unaware how I would generate frenzy charges for my minions with Storm Brand and EE alone.

Aside from the jewels, the rest of the gear really isnt that unreachable. Last league I had 7 1% reduced mana jewels in my build with a combination of rare and uniques. Actually sold a few very similar to the Foul Sight Jewel I have equipped in the PoBs last league which is why I ran with it.

No need to be rude about it mate. Provided many different ways to play this build, with and without insane numbers. All I wanted to do here was share my build/s with the community and generate some feedback or changes which I can put into the build.

Anyways, thanks I think?

Edit: a word
Last edited by FATKMZ on Mar 22, 2019, 5:10:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info