[3.6][Video Guide] Pure Ignite Divine Ire Elementalist - All Content Viable

Video Guide: https://youtu.be/FByqZY3LFW4

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/cGdkg0jE
Reddit Thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b2pkew/pure_ignite_divine_ire_elementalist_burn_all_the/



Gear




Gems

Divine Ire - Infused Channeling - Combustion - Burning Damage - Deadly Ailments - Swift Affliction

Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Increased Critical Strikes - Culling Strike - (Power Charge on Critical Strike)

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge - (Penetration)

Malevolence - Herald of Thunder - Clarity

CWDT - Lightning Golem - Increased Duration - Immortal Call

CWDT - Temporal Chains - Arctic Breath
Last edited by Zambash on Mar 18, 2019, 7:13:39 PM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2019, 1:22:13 PM
Can't run pob now. Would you mind swapping DI to Flameblast and see the ignite damage please? Thanks. Suspect that the ignite damage will be higher.
"
loonger wrote:
Can't run pob now. Would you mind swapping DI to Flameblast and see the ignite damage please? Thanks. Suspect that the ignite damage will be higher.


The whole build is based on Stormfire. The build doesn't work by just swapping in a fire spell.

But Divine Ire is pretty strong for ignites either way.
El Psy Congroo.
Bought a stormfire for 2c and started a new character. Got Storm Burst as a reward and was using Freezing Pulse next to that (from the start). Freezing Pulse is a waste of sockets after you pick up Storm Burst. Seriously. After picking up Deep Wisdom I rushed to Singular Focus, so that's probably why.

A pro for using it is that it gets you in the "mood" for channeling later on.

Only level 22 atm, will let you know how things go.

Update: act 10 now, level 68 (yes I do all memory fragments and stuff, so that explains the level). Starting to feel a bit squishy. Resistances capped (even for after act 10), but armour and evasion on the low side, so that probably explains the hard hits I get. Can't find the glove mod this build needs yet, so I might look for a service to do so. Other than that: Divine Ire feels like PoE got guns :-p Love it.

Update2: did the merciless lab, and killed Kitava deathless. Now let's see how mapping goes. Using 100% lightning Divine Ire, by using phys-to-lightning support. Until I can craft good gloves.
Last edited by SwitchBL8 on Mar 21, 2019, 1:20:56 PM
Started the build on Friday and at 82 currently as of Sunday 11:45 EST. I took my time leveling since I was also spending time farming UE and shaper on my other character. Mapping is a breeze unless you get hit by a lag spike or stack up bleed before you realize what's happening. Not that big of a deal. Bosses are a different story. Some of them are downed pretty easily and others don't seem to want to burn. Working my way through red guardians atm and then a red elder. Will attempt shaper after once I get a comfortable 6k life. Currently sitting at 5.1k with:






I'll update on how the bosses go. So far, deathless on The Purifier, enslaver constrictor and red elder. Also decided to attempt a Delve at depth 180 and it wasn't fun. Def doesn't feel like a delving build due to any kind of random death effect or huge burst will rip you. Still having fun. Gear isn't amazing but I don't plan on really focusing on it until i'm at least 90.

Shaper is down. 1 death (not to Shaper himself). Accidentally flame dashed into the Mini boss during the shaper teleport phase and got 1 shotted by a melee attack. 5.6k life and 412 es, so still not digging how squishy we are compared to a WO build that has access to better life leech. It was my own fault though so it's a totally avoidable death if you don't pull a dumb like I did. Will test Uber Elder hopefully tomorrow or the next day. I'm not confident i'll down him deathless though. This is the squishiest spellcaster build I've played so far. May switch to a chaos conversion form of it that i'm seeing on poe ninja. That build seems more survivable but it does not rely on ignite/burning so will def have to change some things up. I"m still confident in this build though. I just don't want to give up the carcass jack and other builds are reaching 6k+ life w/o it. I just have to change some nodes up but I feel like the necessity of inc burning damage/fire damage hurts a lot. Having lots of fun either way. I can def get behind this one for easy mapping and bossing outside of UE but i'll make an actual opinion once i've tried it.


Edit Final: Did T16 Elder Guardians and UE. Guardians went down just fine. UE was annoying but I got it down without dying. Was a pain and resulted in me having to panic a lot more than I'm used to. Made the switch to a different version that I found on POB. Fun build either way and cudos for making something outside the norm. I enjoyed it and hope you keep making more.


Last edited by Skarwind on Mar 26, 2019, 7:27:04 PM
Hey I have a question, so my Buddy will be running this build and I am Currently running an aura bot. Im wondering which aura will benefit this builds damage the most?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Aurabot man :D
"
Truthseekerx wrote:
Hey I have a question, so my Buddy will be running this build and I am Currently running an aura bot. Im wondering which aura will benefit this builds damage the most?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Aurabot man :D


I'd assume you'd want vitality. The regen for the build is really weak so it may help a lot. Anything that ups resistances for ele weakness maps and prob cast speed so haste would be good as well imo.
"
Skarwind wrote:
"
Truthseekerx wrote:
Hey I have a question, so my Buddy will be running this build and I am Currently running an aura bot. Im wondering which aura will benefit this builds damage the most?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Aurabot man :D


I'd assume you'd want vitality. The regen for the build is really weak so it may help a lot. Anything that ups resistances for ele weakness maps and prob cast speed so haste would be good as well imo.



Well Im already running that but im wondering out of the damage aura's which would be the most effective with this build? Hatred/wrath maybe 1 curse? I know malevolence is definitely gonna be in my chest so 5 left to pick.

Which Auras specifically would provide the most DPS in order of ranking cause there isn't any specific information on this online.
"
Truthseekerx wrote:
"
Skarwind wrote:
"
Truthseekerx wrote:
Hey I have a question, so my Buddy will be running this build and I am Currently running an aura bot. Im wondering which aura will benefit this builds damage the most?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Aurabot man :D


I'd assume you'd want vitality. The regen for the build is really weak so it may help a lot. Anything that ups resistances for ele weakness maps and prob cast speed so haste would be good as well imo.



Well Im already running that but im wondering out of the damage aura's which would be the most effective with this build? Hatred/wrath maybe 1 curse? I know malevolence is definitely gonna be in my chest so 5 left to pick.

Which Auras specifically would provide the most DPS in order of ranking cause there isn't any specific information on this online.


a curse to lower elemental resistances may help. With EE up most of the dps is coming from the ignite. Lowering their fire resist before the burn is applied should make it do more damage. Anything that applies penetration won't help the build too much besides maybe adding more lightning damage from the initial hit and getting around EE just a bit. You def don't want to add anything that may add flat fire damage though as it'll just help the mobbs get more resist at that point. Wrath would prob be decent as well.
following
Last edited by bongofix on Mar 27, 2019, 6:11:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info