[3.7] Ball Lightning Elementalist - Comfortable, safe, scales well. Simply enjoying your balls.

Out of curiosity, in the build tree, why spec into the staff AOE if not using a staff?
This looks beautiful. I will try and give you guys some feedback.
Night and day the streets resounded with music, song and the clinking of chalices and tankards, for it is well known that nothing is such thirsty work as the acquisition of knowledge.
- Andrzej Sapkowski, Blood of Elves, 1994.
"
Anakarr wrote:
Out of curiosity, in the build tree, why spec into the staff AOE if not using a staff?

In the old Synthesis version I decided not to use a staff. The shield allows extra tankiness. For Legion I did decide to go for staff however. It does make it more tight to cap resistances etc. The end goal will be Pledge of Hands. I feel like the survivability of the build is solid enough that we don't have to rely on a shield. Staff and potentially boots give us extra defences as well, which should be enough.

For leveling etc. I recommend not speccing into the staff nodes and using whatever wand/shield you can get. It will get you into mapping sooner and allows you to get the rares required. Pledge of hands required 68 and won't be readily available early on I expect. Staff nodes won't be taken until 70+ anyway due to the constraint in how many points you have.

'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
TotemLols wrote:
"
Anakarr wrote:

In the old Synthesis version I decided not to use a staff. The shield allows extra tankiness. For Legion I did decide to go for staff however. It does make it more tight to cap resistances etc. The end goal will be Pledge of Hands. I feel like the survivability of the build is solid enough that we don't have to rely on a shield. Staff and potentially boots give us extra defences as well, which should be enough.

For leveling etc. I recommend not speccing into the staff nodes and using whatever wand/shield you can get. It will get you into mapping sooner and allows you to get the rares required. Pledge of hands required 68 and won't be readily available early on I expect. Staff nodes won't be taken until 70+ anyway due to the constraint in how many points you have.

Ahhh gotcha. Makes sense now. Was just kind of curious. Ive got a decent wand/shield atm, and this build is wrecking face so far. I just got to act 5 with it.
Hi, i will give a shot this league to bl but i got the following question:

do you think Duskdawn could be a good staff ? and invest some point in tree with enigmatic deffence(witch), wirling barrier (templar) and steelwoud stance (templar).

It would give us 57% block chance and 17 spell block (and with the staff, 1% attack block is 1% crit multi ....)
Last edited by macenno on Jun 6, 2019, 1:18:26 PM
"
macenno wrote:
Hi, i will give a shot this league to bl but i got the following question:

do you think Duskdawn could be a good staff ? and invest some point in tree with enigmatic deffence(witch), wirling barrier (templar) and steelwoud stance (templar).

It would give us 57% block chance and 17 spell block (and with the staff, 1% attack block is 1% crit multi ....)

Duskdawn is an amazing weapon. It's also several exalts worth unlinked. So I never took it into consideration. Still holding fingers crossed that the new Pledge of Hands won't be 2-3 exalts unlinked.

The block chance is absolutely amazing and the damage on the staff is as well. So by all means yes. Not sure if it's worth investing in MORE block nessecarilly, but I am always in favor of extra defenses.
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
last time i check price it would have cost 150 chaos +1 fus to create the item.

and by using staff we can have 2 BL setup for better smooth clear and/or burst dmg vs boss.

If dmg are still here, sire of shard may be a good legion slayer i guess..
Build looks good, will probably play it when league starts. Is there a reason you haven't picked MoM in the POB tree yet?
edit: nvm, just saw you have watchers eye with mom
Last edited by Non_Drifter on Jun 6, 2019, 5:57:27 PM
This is a great build, I am glad I found it. Only change I made was making Arc a bit more punchy and using it as a filler but other than that, ti works very nicely!
Hey I just swapped my armageddon brand into this build because of the nerf, but I was wondering which items you would change for legion league instead? I seen you got some staff nodes but I also noticed you have a wand and shield in your items. I'm just trying to prioritize what items I need to get and craft. Also any other tips would be great, cheers!
Last edited by Subaru420 on Jun 12, 2019, 3:15:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info