What to do after Act 10? (New Player)

I played this game back when there were only 4 acts and now there are 10. I somehow stopped because I got bored of it at that time but now Im back and intend on staying very long :)

Anyways, I bought stash, currency, premium, maps, etc tabs and ready to experience Path of Exile in all its glory.

Thing is I don't know where to begin. I know about currencies, how to play the game, gems, rarity color codes, modifiers, quests, acts, etc

What do I do when the game 'ends'? Im following a Marauder forum build and having so much fun at level 11 right now, but what happens when I reach level 100 & Act 10? Could anyone explain to me, in detail, how the endgame is?

I also like the trade aspect of the game, I might just keep playing to hoard precious things for trade :)
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2019, 11:15:23 PM
You wont hit level 100. When you finish the 10 acts, you will probably be about level 75. After that, the endgame is Mapping.

Maps are activated from your personal map device, located in your hideout.

Youll start to find tier 1 maps while you finish the story. These are the 'start' of endgame. Each tier of map gets slightly harder, up to tier 16 maps. There are also endgame bosses available through the mapping system (Shaper and Elder)
Level 100 is nauseatingly difficult to reach. Most people, even with good builds and experience, rarely go past level 95.

After the story mode, the main activity is mapping (Atlas) which is end-game and houses the hardest boss fights. There, you can also basically farm to gain access to the other end-game-ish activities: Delving, incursions, breachstones farming, feeling betrayed by slow Betrayal advances, staring blankly at the Nexus, meeting Atziri etc etc etc

Many people consider POE to start only after Act 10. Take your time and have fun, there are tons of content for you to explore!
Last edited by Zphyr on Mar 16, 2019, 12:25:36 AM
Thank you very much for the replies! Very friendly community here which makes an already great game awesome! Thank you.
Hey there. Wanted to say thank you as well. Had the same question in mind and the posts here helped me out, although Im in a defferent position. I just started the game a few days ago and Im enjoying it so far. So why am I posting here. Wanted to get smth out of my chest since I read 'Very friendly community here'.
I guess it was like the same thing for everybody who started this game. It was just damn overwhelming. If you played d3 before this game offers so much more content but is kinda not that intuitive I would say. So I thought I go and just play and learn by doing, but obviously some questions came up. I figured it would be faster and also easier for me if I ask the global chat about certain things than go and watch a 7min long video or read through forum posts all the time, because then I would watch and read more than Im actually playing. At least in the beginning. And I thought that there must be experienced player in the global chat who can answer me quick and easy to understand since I always mentioned (the little 1 in front of my name was also a big indicator I guess) that Im really new to the game. But no...mostly it wasnt quick and easy. It was more like people answering from above, kinda like trying to make me feel stupid, making fun of me for my noobish question or answered in a really short way so that I didnt get it. I also saw this happen to other newbies as well.
Dont get me all wrong I also encountered on my first or second day a dude who really took time for me and invited me to his hideout to chat a bit.
And dont get me wrong again. I dont expect that there need to be a lot of people who are gladly answering my questions in the blink of an eye and whipe my ass with golden paper so to say. But why do people feel the need to make fun of me or answering in a rude way if they could just be quiet and ignore my 'newbish/noobish' question?! That seems really odd to me so I cant confirm the statement of a 'very friendly community'. Actually quite sad if I look at the monthly player base and see that the community is actually a lot smaller than I thought.
Cheers anyway
I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I knew when I found POE that it was the game for me. Four years later and I'm still playing thru Steam.

Things are improving for the game and for all of us if my experience can be trusted.
"
Hey there. Wanted to say thank you as well. Had the same question in mind and the posts here helped me out, although Im in a defferent position. I just started the game a few days ago and Im enjoying it so far. So why am I posting here. Wanted to get smth out of my chest since I read 'Very friendly community here'.
I guess it was like the same thing for everybody who started this game. It was just damn overwhelming. If you played d3 before this game offers so much more content but is kinda not that intuitive I would say. So I thought I go and just play and learn by doing, but obviously some questions came up. I figured it would be faster and also easier for me if I ask the global chat about certain things than go and watch a 7min long video or read through forum posts all the time, because then I would watch and read more than Im actually playing. At least in the beginning. And I thought that there must be experienced player in the global chat who can answer me quick and easy to understand since I always mentioned (the little 1 in front of my name was also a big indicator I guess) that Im really new to the game. But no...mostly it wasnt quick and easy. It was more like people answering from above, kinda like trying to make me feel stupid, making fun of me for my noobish question or answered in a really short way so that I didnt get it. I also saw this happen to other newbies as well.
Dont get me all wrong I also encountered on my first or second day a dude who really took time for me and invited me to his hideout to chat a bit.
And dont get me wrong again. I dont expect that there need to be a lot of people who are gladly answering my questions in the blink of an eye and whipe my ass with golden paper so to say. But why do people feel the need to make fun of me or answering in a rude way if they could just be quiet and ignore my 'newbish/noobish' question?! That seems really odd to me so I cant confirm the statement of a 'very friendly community'. Actually quite sad if I look at the monthly player base and see that the community is actually a lot smaller than I thought.
Cheers anyway

As a general recommendation for any game you are ever going to play, if you want to do something else but talking trash, stay away from global chats. Seriously, i've been playing onlinegames for 20 years now and have been in all kinds of communities and games, and not once have i seen a helpful or friendly global chat. Not once, nowhere, ever.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
As a general recommendation for any game you are ever going to play, if you want to do something else but talking trash, stay away from global chats. Seriously, i've been playing onlinegames for 20 years now and have been in all kinds of communities and games, and not once have i seen a helpful or friendly global chat. Not once, nowhere, ever.

global 820 was fine for a solid 3 years :/
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

global 820 was fine for a solid 3 years :/

It still is! The only place where people won't give serious replies is global 1, pretty much everywhere else you have people who are more than glad to help.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

EVE Online. I was stunned.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info