[Guide] How to (almost) guarantee a specific Synthesis implicit

Edit: Below is a good strategy for maximizing rewards. To understand the Synthesizer system, I recommend watching this ZiggyD video on it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-gE7C2rXB8

Also, to easily know what you can make from the Fractured items you have on hand, use this handy community tool - https://poecraft.com/synthesis/calculator

"
Hi, here's a way you can guarantee a specific synthesis mod (well almost, see below). I wanted to put this out there so people don't keep getting frustrated by RNG, and so people know what fractured bases to keep.

As proof, I just created two "Bleeding you inflict deals damage faster" axes, you can check them out on the offhand of my character Cobalt_Bled, account name beastwrathof.

First, go to https://poedb.tw/us/ItemSynthesisMods and search in the left two columns for the implicit and item class you want. In the third column, you'll find the affix you need to target. For example, if you want +minimum frenzy charges, you need to look for "#% increased attribute requirements" on shields.

Next, look for all other rows which have that mod requirement on the desired item class. In our example, the only other row is "+10-12 attributes", which also uses "#% increased attribute requirements" on shields. Now, look at the numbers on the right column of these rows. These numbers are the thresholds you have to EXCEED (or meet, I am not sure) to reach the NEXT tier. In our example, "+10-12 attributes" has -85 next to it. This means you need a TOTAL of more than -85% attributes on the three items you synthesize in order to get past this implicit tier. Since this mod only comes in -32 and -18, you need all three of the shields to be -32. The +minimum frenzy implicit column has -100, which you can never reach, so you will get this implicit if you get past -85.

Now, get three items all with ONE fractured mod of the type you desire, so that the sum of the numbers exceeds the needed threshold. Scour, regal, and annul all the items, so they are rares with only that fractured mod. It is important that this is the only mod, because I believe the synthesizer chooses a mod from all three of the items, including non-fractured mods. Put the items in the synthesizer and you are done.

NOTE: Most of the good implicits are grouped with other implicits; for example, the +min frenzy charge is in a group with the power and endurance charge versions. You are guaranteed to get one of these, but which one will be random. This is important for things like the onslaught implicit on boots, which is paired with (7-8)% movement speed. Using this method, half the time you will get movement speed, half the time onslaught (assuming no weighting).

What this means for fractured items: Keep items with a single T1 fractured mod or high T2. The onslaught on boots requires more than 95 movement speed on boots, so you'll need two boots with fractured 35% movement speed (or one if you only need to meet 95, this needs more testing and I am out of money). Also, high ilevel is more valuable because the ilevel of the output is equal to the highest of the three.

Taken from here - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b02xut/how_to_almost_guarantee_a_specific_synthesis/
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 16, 2019, 5:06:39 AM
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2019, 4:00:27 PM
So, basically, hoard up everything you get and pair the mods for the stats you want?

Would be nice if I didn't need to read an essay just to understand this synthesis stuff.
Thanks.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Abekrie wrote:
So, basically, hoard up everything you get and pair the mods for the stats you want?

Would be nice if I didn't need to read an essay just to understand this synthesis stuff.

Hoard more stuff, buy more stash tabs.

1 quad is more than enough for any league mechanic revolving around hording...clearly this evades most people for some reason
Thanks for the guide. Will be helpful at some point if I find myself needing to target something specific.

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Hoard more stuff, buy more stash tabs.

I did this in closed beta because two rares with the same name gave an alch. But betas be betas. Now I just have a lot of empty stash tabs for the game to grow into and they keep releasing awesome new premium tabs that make it need not grow into them. Oh well. ;)
It makes more sense to ignore the mechanic and buy the item from people instead.

This is undoubtedly the most convoluted and unrewarding crafting system since ever.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 15, 2019, 2:50:01 AM
League is dead.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Why does every single league takes path of exile farther away from being an actual game?
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Thanks.

You're welcome! :)
Ain't Nobody got time fo that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info