Unleash Support

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2023, 9:42:10 PM
I would like this to work in hideout (currently you cannot gain seals in hideout). It is annoying to have to go to a zone to test it out.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Hi Stacey_GGG,

I am playing with cold skills, currently using Frost Bolt and Ice Nova combination with this gem. I'm using Unleash on Ice Nova to have extra casts of Ice Nova.

Something I've noticed: it does not seem like the extra 'casts' count as hits. Against Corrupted Blood nemesis mobs I am only gaining bleed stacks relative to the first usage. Is this intended?

If this is the case and the reoccurrences of the initial spell are not hits; does that mean they cannot crit, or apply elemental ailments? When I unleash the seals and get those 3 extra 'casts' from the first cast, do they count as anything in particular? I haven't really been able to tell if they are proccing elemental ailments or critting, since they happen so quickly after my initial cast.

My interpretation of the gem is that it does as it says: it replicates the initial skill at less damage. Just can't tell if those reoccurrences count as hits or what.

Clarification would be lovely, thank you! <3
I used unleash together with purifying flame.

It doesn't work well, since PF is a more complex spell:

After a very small initial hit consecrated ground is created and a shockwave over it is triggered.

The unleash hits occure before this als - so even with full loads many mobs survive the hit since there is only 1 shockwave. Especially when clearing blue packs with resistances this totally negates this skill gem to gather up power while running.

To confirm this, spell echo is much more powerful for clearing.
I think Unleash seals might be proxies of you? Sounds like it if they dont apply corrupting blood. Would be a shame if that means it cant procc on hit effects like Vitality/Discipline Watchers Eye, Fenumus Spinnerets, Herald of Agony, Ngamahu's Sign, Eye of Innocence... Also leech.

From testing it out, I felt like it charged so fast it was stressful and the speed and dmg penalties made it not quite worth it at the same time. Getting a malus to cast speed was especially annoying for a quick supporting 4L. I would like it more if it gave no cast speed change, but if any, more cast speed per seal would feel a lot more fun. Also more max seals or no damage penalty, cant cast without seals, big dmg penalty but 10% of normal cast time per seal, longer cooldown etc, I think would feel much more fun. So instead of a weirder spell echo, an actual big thing on a cooldown you pay for in sockets and links.

My experience was a bit weird. Hierophant Mjölner Indigon with Mana Leech Blade Vortex to sustain cyclone better. Didnt feel great but im just toying around on that character. If I realize I have a build with no cast speed i might replace echo with unleash, one day on some char. Might do math on that later.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Apr 19, 2019, 9:51:17 AM
How does Blade vortex works with Unleash?
Do "Unleashed" blades have less damage somehow?
Last edited by loadinggood on May 6, 2019, 3:04:49 AM
I tested 4 stack manual cast vs 4 stack unleashed and at a glance it seems to take the same number of hits to kill stuff. (tested using level 1 unleash for highest damage penalty to make sure if theres a discrepency it would be as large as possible)

It feels like a nice QoL gem for clearing and you can remove it for single target or do something else in the time you saved casting BV.
Last edited by biyte on May 6, 2019, 8:44:39 PM
I like concept of this gem, but I don't like current design of numbers.
This "less Damage" does not inspire to accumulate seals and doesn't catch the essence of the gem.
I suggest something like this:
Supported Skills deal XX% less Damage
Supported Skills deal YY% more Damage for each remaining Seal
"
biyte wrote:
I tested 4 stack manual cast vs 4 stack unleashed and at a glance it seems to take the same number of hits to kill stuff. (tested using level 1 unleash for highest damage penalty to make sure if theres a discrepency it would be as large as possible)

It feels like a nice QoL gem for clearing and you can remove it for single target or do something else in the time you saved casting BV.

Yes, BV is probably calculating damage, considering stacks only, but it feels kinda weird for POE. The developer’s response would be great. Just for science (and wiki).

"
LeadRaven wrote:
I like concept of this gem, but I don't like current design of numbers.
This "less Damage" does not inspire to accumulate seals and doesn't catch the essence of the gem.
I suggest something like this:
Supported Skills deal XX% less Damage
Supported Skills deal YY% more Damage for each remaining Seal

Nah. It's boring approach. I like unleashing 28 spider-sparks by 1 cast.
"
Stacey_GGG wrote:
Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

Can i cant answer for my question? There is no way to rly test it. Tnx.

"
loadinggood wrote:
How does Blade vortex works with Unleash?
Do "Unleashed" blades have less damage somehow?
Last edited by loadinggood on Oct 26, 2019, 6:40:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info