Purifying Flame

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2024, 10:36:23 PM
Edit: just realized i posted in purifying flame. This was meant to be a post for Wave of Conviction. deleted.
Last edited by biyte on Mar 14, 2019, 11:37:11 PM
"
biyte wrote:

You mistook this spell for Wave of Convinction...

I has one huge issue with this spell and that is that intitial explosion nor secondary wave can break barrels?! Only the flying projectile can. It feels kinda lame to play it feels like the spell has no impact...

Also not sure why it can not be support by Volley or spell cascade...
This spell is weird... It creates Consecrated Ground on hit, but the last thing you'd want to do, is to create a Consecrated Ground on a target that's far away from you.

I think this spell needs a secondary effect added to the Consecrated Ground that also affects enemies that are inside the ground's area. Something like reduced damage or attack speed would be nice.

Right now, I see no reason to even bother with this spell, when there are much better ways to deal damage and create Consecrated Ground around our character.
"
eralduspr wrote:
This spell is weird... It creates Consecrated Ground on hit, but the last thing you'd want to do, is to create a Consecrated Ground on a target that's far away from you.

I think this spell needs a secondary effect added to the Consecrated Ground that also affects enemies that are inside the ground's area. Something like reduced damage or attack speed would be nice.

Right now, I see no reason to even bother with this spell, when there are much better ways to deal damage and create Consecrated Ground around our character.

You forget that GGG buffed Consecrated Ground. Now we have 100% increased crit chance against enemies standing on it, making it an attractive choice for crit builds, especially crit Inquisitors.

As for the skill itself, I feel like the secondary shockwave is a bit odd. First, it's only triggered if you hit an area that already has Consecrated Ground on it, requiring multiple casts (or just 1 if using Spell Echo). I can understand this interaction, it just feels a bit clunky early on.

This is where I find it odd: the area it covers is very large, but it only hits enemies already standing on Consecrated Ground, which can leave a lot of monsters alive if they happen to be standing just outside of it. This usually leads to situations where you need to cast multiple times. Why not have the shockwave just hit all enemies with its reduced damage, whether they are on the ground or not?

I've been using totems to cast this spell and it's been much easier dealing with this, as they can cover a large area with many patches of Consecrated Ground and allowing the shockwave to be more consistent.

Other than that, I love how the skill looks and the damage is very reliable
"
Unknownone wrote:
"
eralduspr wrote:

You forget that GGG buffed Consecrated Ground.

You're right... I completely forgot about that, lol.

Time for some CoC shenanigans!
Double post, so nvm
Last edited by eralduspr on Jun 8, 2019, 8:57:58 AM
"
Unknownone wrote:
"
eralduspr wrote:

You forget that GGG buffed Consecrated Ground.

You're right... I completely forgot about that, lol.
Last edited by eralduspr on Apr 8, 2019, 10:08:46 AM
This is a really nice utility spell for a lot of builds, holy-themed or otherwise.

Not sure how difficult it would be to alter the look of consecrated ground, but I'd be interested in verdant and/or tribal MTX for this skill, replacing the Innocence symbols with healing plants/Karui symbols.
i use a lvl 1 cwdt of purifying flame when playing ZO CI builds, its great passive laying down regenning ground all over. (it also tends to break a lot of barrels this way ;D)

the skill has really high base phys dmg..and added dmg %... made good single target with CWC
Last edited by waffenheimer on Apr 29, 2019, 3:54:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info