(3.6) NEED HELP TO FINISH MY TECTONIC SLAM JUG

so I saw mith's Tectonic slam jug and said ya I can do that ... turns out I can not the build was going great but after lvl 65ish I felt like I was getting squishy and ya I know I need new gear but what do I need my big problem is her embrace from oni when it fires I lose a third of my health. Any help would be great. I got all my gear just playing except for the Belly of the beast, and the Abyssus which I bought as a way to try to fix my character but it is still broken. Yes, I have looked at other builds but I can't see how they don't have issues with her embrace. I got a budget of 400ish chaos

my life is at

Here is my passive I am lvl 72
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAASzBS0Gxg48EuEUIBRNFHEUdRiRGNsaOBuqIWAirycvKCot0jD4Mfs4UzpSOtg8BT38QKBGt0p9UEdW-lhjWfNeE18_YVJjF2egaGVo8m8ncql07XTxdqx253fXd-V673_jggeCm4VShmCHdotPjM-PYJBVkc6SfZLQl3mYb5pqm2qfPqIArKqtjbvtvJ_AAcBmwQfG2M9-02_Xftlh2XzcI-Of5FHkVeXP6hjvDu9O73zwH_ON8930g_ZI9zL46_xL?accountName=bonebag&realm=pc&characterName=MrSmashies

Here is my items

is this just something I have to lvl out of
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2019, 12:30:56 PM
Shameless self advertisement

With that out of the way, this is the 4mil+ DPS version of tectonic slam right? I really don't think you need that. I follow Hybrid's mentality of if you don't die, your enemy will. I think you'd have a better time running a different tectonic slam build that balances out tankiness and damage. Mine is a WIP as I'm still leveling in Synthesis and need to respec my tree a little, but having seem my friend play a budget version of this one in Betrayal, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

If you must keep the same build, here are some things I can think of:

1. Replace the sword with something else that doesn't burn you. Or maybe use elemental focus so you can't ignite.

2. Ditch the Abyssus for an uber lab enchanted rare or Starkonja. Less damage, but you also take less damage.

3. I don't see a CWDT + Immortal Call anywhere, you should throw one in.

4. Do you have +1 curse? You are using both Flammability and Warlord's mark. Might be better to run Enfeeble given how low your life is.

5. Replace your unique rings and boots with some rares with life and elemental resists. Your resists don't look like they are capped yet with how little resists you have on your gear.

6. That belt is garbage, replace it with something that has at least 100 life and some resists and maybe elemental damage with attack skills.

7. Use some Eternal flasks if you aren't going to roll an instant Divine health flask

8. Having 2 increased AoE supports don't do anything more than 1, just so you know

This should bring you over 4k life easily. But at the end of the day, your build looks like it was built around raw DPS output and not sustain or anything like that.
Last edited by KiraPoE on Mar 13, 2019, 12:43:18 AM
Her Embrace deals Fire Damage over Time.

Fix 1: Lots of regen to outheal the damage. For example 2 Kaom's Way rings.

Fix 2: Increased Maximum Fire Resistance. For example Loreweave or Purity of Fire.

If you want to run Abyssus make sure you have enough Physical Damage Reduction. This means armour, aswell as flat phys reduction against bleed and/or other physical degen effects, which are not mitigated by armour.

And WTF are those rings? Get at least 70+ life on every rare gear piece.
Last edited by DiscoveryChannel on Apr 2, 2019, 12:31:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info