my 3.6 Molten Strike Scion

So, I decided to bite the bullet, and give Synthesis a try, and come out of my Standard Cocoon.

I've had a blast using Hybrid's MS Jugg in standard (I'm working off an older version that doesn't have the Elder Helmet / Kaom's, since I'm not able to swap to those yet), but I really hate the Marauder character's size.

So, I've decided to take it and port it over to a Scion, and give it a whirl.

Pastebin. full tree I haven't decided what I'm going to cut from level 100, to something more reasonable yet, but I figured I would start there, and see what I can do.

Ascendency: Jugg 'rauder + Elementalist Witch (I hate reflect),

I may try and play around with a Shroud of the Lightless, and a Magna Eclipsis to deviate from the standard gearing, as personal choices (I've used them in standard for chars, and I don't hate them). Most of that will be dictated by availability, and price later on the league by the time I'm ready for them.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm curious to hear what others think.

Right now, I'm level 46. My gear isn't "Amazing" by any means, but I'm clearing content well, and shooting for the end of Part II by the weekend.
Spoiler

Last bumped on May 9, 2019, 5:54:48 PM
Update to the Scion

Level 60, and in Act 7. The current league has too many things to level up with that I've really outleveled the main content.

Passive Tree

Gear
Spoiler

The Scion is functioning well as a Proxy for the 'rauder's Jugg MS Build. Once I get through the next Lab, and pick up the 'rauder / jugg ascendency passive, I have to think that it's going to get even easier.

The biggest problem that I'm facing, is the same thing I've ever faced when starting over in a league. Gear sucks, Finding an upgrade sucks. There are TONS of drops in Synthesis, but they're not any better drops.
Update:

Level 81.

Passive Tree Still no surprises, if you've looked over Hybrid's 'rauder Build.

Gear:
Spoiler

Priorities:

1.) Finally get the rest of the Trials discovered, so that I can get the ascendency finished up.
2.) Upgrade Boots
3.) Upgrade Gloves
4.) Upgrade Shield.
5.) Upgrade Jewels

So far, I'm not missing the Grelwood Shank, but I'm assuming when I get to harder content, that will probably change. I've been looking at alternatives to using the Shank, but the struggle is finding something synthesized that would replace it.

Right now, I'm stuck in White Map Hell, as I can't even maintain a T4 Map pool, (frustrated by drops) but I'm certain that I'm able to do Yellow Maps with current gear.
I stopped playing Synthesis a while back. I hate the league. I got the char to level 88, and I'm pretty pleased with how the build came together.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree

Pastebin

Confident that the build has what it takes to get into Red Maps, for sure in the gear I've listed.

7K HP, and everything is good.

My Normal Char is a Jugg MS'er in standard, and I specifically went with this build to see if I would miss Grelwood, and Lioneye's.

I don't.

Once the char migrates to standard, I'll be kitting it out with some of my hoard, and seeing how far I can take it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info