[3.6] Energy based Railgun System - The Divine Ire CI Trickster

Hello and Welcome to my version of the divine Ire Trickster!

This will be a minimal guide in the beginning but I will expand it in the future.
there is still much work to do. Because of that it is tagged as WIP.

Current progress:

Changes status, it works, dropped WIP

Current loadout as well as PoB link to "final" version online
videos are coming when I have time

T13, gimme those maps :(
Uberlab done - easy as hell
red elder down on a 5link
still only on 5 link (and still melting everything)

Introduction:

This is a trickster build that uses the new Skill divine Ire as the main attack spell. Thanks to a myriad of cast speed the channeling time is kept short, which is the most glaring downside of the skill otherwise. DPS is done through physical scaling with Conversation and high Crit. After that we will get as much chaos conversation as we can(the new chest will help and gives good def) As Defense we have high evasion rating as well a good ES pool bundled with CI, stun immunity, 20% ailment avoidance and flat 9% reduced damage.

The Introduction will always reflect the current situation. For planned Changes please go to the planned section.

Pro

Very good damage and satisfying Play style
feels very smooth to play as you have insane attack/cast speed
Chaos immunity + flat out damage reduction + high evasion + spell dodge + 10k+ energy shield possible
High dps due to multiple conversations and trough it reliable shock and freeze mechanics (even on bosses)
Lab running is ok(thanks to CI traps are kinda meh and you outdamage izaro and Argus on a 4link)

Con

Cannot do elemental reflect, don't even think of using a fully charged beam on
the nemesis elemental reflect mob without being ready to dodge :>
Cannot do no leech maps
Clear is ok, but not T1
Positioning is important
As you charge up against bosses you're standing around eating dmg sometimes
Needs a shaper ring with mana on spellhit later(or flat mana reduction craft from syndicate)

Skill Setup

Primary Link:Divine Ire + physical to lightning + Energy Leech + infused Channeling + (concentrated effect + crit damage/controlled destruction/Hypothermia)

I still ran around with a 4link because I'm poor and unlucky :)

Support Links:
Wrath or Hatred(Call of the brotherhood) + Discipline as auras
Flame dash + faster casting + arcane surge
wave of conviction + onslaught + curse on hit + conductivity (or elemental weakness if you use hatred and ring of the brotherhood)
CWDT Setup

Skill Tree

The current tree will be done again at 91+ with 6 links...
Pob:
https://pastebin.com/idvsPV3N <- Level 82 End of Leveling
https://pastebin.com/mYSrRJAh <- Level 88 Current progress

Unrealistic bullshit build:
https://pastebin.com/Y7TWzznj <- for those who dream

Planned Pob:

Ascendancy:: Swift killer -> Ghost dance -> escape artist -> harness the void

Gear

The gear Section will get updated as i go along

Beginner Items:

The Vertex is a solid choice, it gives us good base ES and up to 2300 evasion rating. Whiel you don't have a 6link this also pushes the ire dps and makes substain easy as hell.

Good def thanks to Escape artist etc. 100% more duration makes charge substain a nobrainer and 4% movement speed are nice, nothing special to see here

first real dps item. 40% damage conversation pushes our dps and gives us a strong freeze. resists are a nice to have.

Carcass jack is a superior dmg choice. More dps and range with charge up as well a some resistances offset the lower defenses

Later on:

Ele dmg as extra + crit multi is best. critchange and spelldamage are nice, as well as energy shield

Shaper ring with mana on spellhit. Substain ftw. The enchant is very strong as we shatter almost the whole time. Wormflask helps there at bosses.

Bandits/souls

Bandits:
currently using 2 skillpoints. Use alira if you wanna get the resists, mana should not be a problem. Crit multiplier isn't htat important, as we get that somewhere else too if we need to.
Souls:

Major: Lunaris/solaris, depending if we farm or do hard bosses. If you have ES regen from somewhere you can use aakarli + blood rage too.

Minor: Tukohama/gruthkul or abberath for maps with ignite danger etc.

planned

get a 6link to test which support gems feels the best
begin elemental conversation roundtrip -> eventually drop lightning wheel for flat elemantal dmg or go to the templar area to get pen, extra dmg and zealoth oath (which makes blood rage substain easy)

Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Mar 18, 2019, 6:35:27 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2019, 5:47:36 PM
build leaves WIP status
Standard railgun:
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
Castablanca wrote:
Standard railgun:

yeah that would be broken af.

mines a lot smaller :/
I decided to try and follow your build, thing is i had tabula rasa drop from Fairgraves Act 1. Worth using? And if so, up to what point?
Hi Tsunami, im "kinda" following this guide for the most part, I'm mixing it a bit with Pohx's build and Rhaxis build, kinda following some stuff that I feel that I dont know exactly what to choose, since is the first time I'm using a build based on ES/CRIT/CI, I practically always use Life/Armour no crit builds even with RT.

So anyways I have some questions if is not too much trouble:

1.- Weapon, I see that you are using a Dagger with Phys to Chaos, is that a better option than using a weapon with x to y lightning damage to spells? (I mean obviously that both would be better but its a bit hard).
So this is my weap so far

What could be a good upgrade to that? its by far better than anything that I have tried so far.

2.- Flask, I'm using Jade and Stibnite as Defensive and Sulphure and Atziri for Damage, and a Quicksilver ofc, wich would be the best preffixes and affixes for those Flask?, because im using Dream Fragments I dont have to go for "of Heat" or is it better to change that ring and use that in some of the Flasks?

3.- I tried Atziri (normal one) with like 6.4k ES and the Flameblast really one shot me and I dont really know why it shouldnt I guess, any recomendations?.

And if u could take a look at my char and give me some further advice it would be much appreciated.

Best regards!.
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
"
Necroant wrote:
I decided to try and follow your build, thing is i had tabula rasa drop from Fairgraves Act 1. Worth using? And if so, up to what point?

Tabula is of course always a good choice until you switch to CI. (which should be done at 3k ES if league starter). But while leveling you will need to invest in some lifenodes until you switch over (and maybe take clarity as Diveine ire eats mana like a sponge with 6 links)

"
exploder wrote:

So anyways I have some questions if is not too much trouble:

1.- Weapon, I see that you are using a Dagger with Phys to Chaos, is that a better option than using a weapon with x to y lightning damage to spells? (I mean obviously that both would be better but its a bit hard).
So this is my weap so far

What could be a good upgrade to that? its by far better than anything that I have tried so far.

The weapon is fine. Chaos conversation is a lot stronger than pure elemental Conv because of math! a good dagger gets maybe two elemtnal Conv roles: 15 lighting/ice lets say. Now i do 100 phys dmg base and have 100% incresed dmg with elemental damage as well as 20% increased chaos dmg:

divine ire + phys to lighting:

230 damage lighting
138 lighting 184 + 30 cold < call of the brotherhood

sum end dps: 352 dps

Caos conv:

200 lighting
120 lightning + 160 cold < call of the brotherhood
+ 20(phys) + 40 (lightning) + 52(cold) conv from chaos conv * 1.2

sum: 414.4 dps

So even with this it's already better. Also we get another 5% converstion with the chest, as it is a shaper item. In the end i will probably switch to despair as the main curse but we will see. The Wand is extremly good through. I cleared till t10 without chaos converstion.
Also wands block you from using shieldcahrge/whriling blades.

"

2.- Flask, I'm using Jade and Stibnite as Defensive and Sulphure and Atziri for Damage, and a Quicksilver ofc, wich would be the best preffixes and affixes for those Flask?, because im using Dream Fragments I dont have to go for "of Heat" or is it better to change that ring and use that in some of the Flasks?

In endgame you will need to switch the ring to a shaper ring with mana on spell hit as we have no other source of leech, so get one heat flask.(or you have enough mana reg, but i prefer this for the annoying map suffix) Switch sulphur for diamond btw, at leat if you play crit. Inc duration on all of them, one with anti bleed(the one with the least charges to use) one agianst burning, the rest is not really important.
later when i'm rich (never^^) i will probably buy either a taste of hate or a sins respite

"

3.- I tried Atziri (normal one) with like 6.4k ES and the Flameblast really one shot me and I dont really know why it shouldnt I guess, any recomendations?.

And if u could take a look at my char and give me some further advice it would be much appreciated.

Best regards!.

Hmm I also did atziri, flameblast was not the problem, reflect was :> The ES pool is sufficient, but maybe take a ruby flask with you

To your build:

Currently you are not really invested in Energy leech. Etheral feast is important. And ghost reaver too. this will slowdown you leech substantially. And don't you have mana problems?^^ lucidity was introduced because of that. (if you don't need it, it's fine)

In you 5link drop critical support. Concentrated effect is a lot stronger, and not as annoying to play as you would think. Or you you prefer annother solution take either hpyothermia or if you want to stay blue crit damage support. Controlled destruction is also better on paper but i didn't like the feel with it.
Last edited by tsunamikun on Mar 16, 2019, 7:39:31 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:

Spoiler
The weapon is fine. Chaos conversation is a lot stronger than pure elemental Conv because of math! a good dagger gets maybe two elemtnal Conv roles: 15 lighting/ice lets say. Now i do 100 phys dmg base and have 100% incresed dmg with elemental damage as well as 20% increased chaos dmg:

divine ire + phys to lighting:

230 damage lighting
138 lighting 184 + 30 cold < call of the brotherhood

sum end dps: 352 dps

Caos conv:

200 lighting
120 lightning + 160 cold < call of the brotherhood
+ 20(phys) + 40 (lightning) + 52(cold) conv from chaos conv * 1.2

sum: 414.4 dps

I can not argue with Math hands down I will get that

"
tsunamikun wrote:

Spoiler
So even with this it's already better. Also we get another 5% converstion with the chest, as it is a shaper item. In the end i will probably switch to despair as the main curse but we will see. The Wand is extremly good through. I cleared till t10 without chaos converstion.
Also wands block you from using shieldcahrge/whriling blades.

I guess I need a lot more grind for Shaper items right now, Eternity Shroud at 1.5 exalted is quite a number, I guess not even my whole character is worth that right now.

"
tsunamikun wrote:

Spoiler
In endgame you will need to switch the ring to a shaper ring with mana on spell hit as we have no other source of leech, so get one heat flask.(or you have enough mana reg, but i prefer this for the annoying map suffix) Switch sulphur for diamond btw, at leat if you play crit. Inc duration on all of them, one with anti bleed(the one with the least charges to use) one agianst burning, the rest is not really important.
later when i'm rich (never^^) i will probably buy either a taste of hate or a sins respite

Yeap I buyed the ring is wasnt as expensive as I thought it would be, and its so satisfying the sound of shatter, but sometimes I shatter so much stuff that it kinda break my headphones and I have some good ones lol, the hard part was to replace that 60 ress on other stuff, I got a pretty good Alchemist's Stibnite of Stauching and a Perpetual Jade of Heat.

"
tsunamikun wrote:

Hmm I also did atziri, flameblast was not the problem, reflect was :> The ES pool is sufficient, but maybe take a ruby flask with you

Mmmm yeah I would try the ruby flask, I'm not experienced in Atziri did she reflect after X point in the battle? cause I didnt get reflect damage back I'm pretty sure it was the Flameblast, now I have 7.2k ES so I guess it should be better now, and I have a better shield wich is pretty much like yours I was very lucky with a Essence and got a 250+ ES, I may change to that but I dont like loosing like 4k-5k DPS, so sad I corruped it and got 2 to warcries on a 3 link blue ES shield.....

"
tsunamikun wrote:

Spoiler
To your build:

Currently you are not really invested in Energy leech. Etheral feast is important. And ghost reaver too. this will slowdown you leech substantially. And don't you have mana problems?^^ lucidity was introduced because of that. (if you don't need it, it's fine)

Yes and Yes, I didnt go for Etheral Feast and Ghost Reaver cause I didnt know if Etheral Feast would be enough and I didnt know if getting my Recharge Rate down would be a good idea at least for now, but maybe I should give it a try I guess I will drop Essence Surge.

For all the change I should be doing I guess I need to drop from Lightning Walker to Annihilation, seems like a substancial drop in damage.

I know that the DPS that appears in the Character Sheet is not real, I mean I have a 50k in hideout and I get to 110k full buff while killing mobs, now, how much is enough to clear up the tier of maps that you are clearing up?, maybe I want more and more numbers there and serves no porpuse.

And yeah after dropping the Dream Fragments I feel the need of more mana, I mean I'm good if everything I hit dies, but if I have to charge 3 times the Divine Ire I run into troubles and I have to wait for regen for a moment, is not such a big deal right now but for sure it feels annoying some times.

"
tsunamikun wrote:

Spoiler

In you 5link drop critical support. Concentrated effect is a lot stronger, and not as annoying to play as you would think. Or you you prefer annother solution take either hpyothermia or if you want to stay blue crit damage support. Controlled destruction is also better on paper but i didn't like the feel with it.

Mmm ok Ill try that I was leveling con effect in the off hand, regarding Hypothermia, well my 5L I'm pretty sure I was super lucky with the 5 Blue, I had it 4 Blue 1 Green and I said "Ok thats enough i will find a Green thats good here" but then I tried 1 more Chromatic and got 5 Blue so I guess I will just try con effect for now.

I'm curious on your Gloves setup, Vaal Blight for the movement debuff?

Thanks for the answers!.

Best regards!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
"

Mmm ok Ill try that I was leveling con effect in the off hand, regarding Hypothermia, well my 5L I'm pretty sure I was super lucky with the 5 Blue, I had it 4 Blue 1 Green and I said "Ok thats enough i will find a Green thats good here" but then I tried 1 more Chromatic and got 5 Blue so I guess I will just try con effect for now.

I'm curious on your Gloves setup, Vaal Blight for the movement debuff?

Well hypothermia is the best addition to this setup by far when going 6link (elemental focus is stronger, but we almost always freeze and shock even bosses...)

But yes 5 blues is rare and conc effect is stronger.

as this is a work in progress i'm playing around a bit. Vaal blight makes the enemy take 20% increased chaos dmg as well, so i thought it would be a good idea. Together with righteous fire the burst is amazing. but it takes a slot, oh well

Yesterday i tried including herald of purity with respeccing for mana reservation.
Damage loss but with an enlighten 4 in the vertex you could use all the auras without respeccing... we will see
I found playing CI extremely awkward unless i have immunity to freeze.
I bought Dream Fragments, how do you deal with this problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info