New soundtrack is a bit hit and miss. sorry Kamil

Some tracks are awesome. Shakari theme for example (the fight itself is still annoying though).
Arena as well.

But I don't think Merveil and Malachai needed any changes.
Malachai theme sounds less "epic boss fight" now, in my opinion.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2019, 1:46:29 AM
Lunaris Temple as well....
why?
To each their own. For me Merveil didn't have any music before and I really like what they did with it. I'll miss Solaris track as it was so iconic, but at the same time I'm happy music in my hideout is better.

...soon we'll have more threads about it than there were about Tencent :D
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
johnKeys wrote:
Lunaris Temple as well....
why?

In my opinion, Lunaris Temple's new music is now one of my favorites and I'm loving Merveil's theme because there's actually a proper theme to that part of the game now. That said, Lioneye's Watch and Solaris Temple don't even begin to hold a candle to the old tracks, and most of the others are just so samey that they don't really stand-out in any kind of way.
I think the new tracks are cool. I especially love the Memory Nexus music. Reminds me of Interstellar or something.
It was really awesome when a1 & a2 music got totally replaced. Not really it's a fucking disaster. Imagine they'd done that with d2 music lol.
Last edited by ladish on Mar 10, 2019, 11:04:53 PM
I don't like new soundtrack, it sounds generic and unimaginative compared to the classic one.
"
johnKeys wrote:

I think his new theme is far more than a billion times better than the old one since unlike the old one the tension doesn't need to rise first, instead it is almost consistant throughout all of the fight, which I prefer.
I mean it's not like as if the first phase was much different in terms of difficulty compared to the second one and if that were to be the case I believe GGG would've bothered to make atleast a slightly more thrilling track for the final phase possibly with continuously rising tension as you destroy the hearts.

Though I can see why you prefer the old soundtrack, holds some memories now, doesn't it
bottomtext
I like both of Merveil's themes, though this second one has a bit more of an impact, in my opinion, because it includes the siren's song you hear through the caverns. I also like the tweaks to the login screen music.
Last edited by CosmicSpear on Mar 11, 2019, 8:31:56 PM
"
CreatorXM wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

I think his new theme is far more than a billion times better than the old one since unlike the old one the tension doesn't need to rise first, instead it is almost consistant throughout all of the fight, which I prefer.
I mean it's not like as if the first phase was much different in terms of difficulty compared to the second one and if that were to be the case I believe GGG would've bothered to make atleast a slightly more thrilling track for the final phase possibly with continuously rising tension as you destroy the hearts.

Though I can see why you prefer the old soundtrack, holds some memories now, doesn't it

It's not just memories.
Some tracks were better in my opinion and I own both the old and new digital copies.
Been listening to both and comparing some.

I'm a huge fan of Kamil's work.
Tracks like the Lich fight, Guardians and Pale Council are among my all-time boss-fight favorites in games.
Solaris/Lunaris and Gruthkul (which later became "the" gods fight theme in the story) not far behind.

He usually excels at boss themes which is why Malachai and Merveil were a bit of a let down compared to the original, for me.
I do see the theme connection between the Cavern and the Merveil fight now, compared to the old fight - which I think is what Kamil intended - but I still like the old "maritime" theme better.

But Lunaris Temple / Shrine Map has to be the biggest let down so far. It was brilliant. A perfect mix of Solaris' beauty and Piety's corruption.
Now it's... I don't know.
Kamil is usually good at area themes too. Look what he did to Grand Arena / Arena Map / Racecourse.
So I'm really not sure what happened with Lunaris.

Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 11, 2019, 10:18:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info