[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
Theudys wrote:
Can you craft the +1 Totem on a shaper shield just Alt spamming? Or am I doing it wrong?....I cannot seem to get it.

You definitely can, I've just tried it a few hours ago on a not even optimal shaper shield.

If the shield is at least lvl 70, alt spam should work.
One thing I did want to mention that someone brought up in chat today - Circle of Anguish is surprisingly cheap compared to my original expectations. It seems that the Synthesis boss maps were made more common before the league actually launched (compared to how they were mentioned during Baeclast by the developers as equal rarity to Untainted Paradise, which is quite rare). As a result, it is way more reasonable to buy a pair of these with both Herald of Ash buff effect and reduced mana reservation; I've seen them as low as 15c (with weak rolls that would require a bit of Divine Orb to fix up) but many of them are going up in the 25-50c range, which is still much cheaper than I anticipated.

Definitely work towards getting a pair of these rings if you'll be playing Holy Flame Totem this league now that it's something you will be able to afford pretty early on relative to upgrades like a multimodded weapon.
In that case, we drop Zealotry, right?
"
Volband wrote:
In that case, we drop Zealotry, right?

Yeah, you'll have to drop Zealotry and just run Herald of Ash. Still very much worth it.
"
Volband wrote:
"
Theudys wrote:
Can you craft the +1 Totem on a shaper shield just Alt spamming? Or am I doing it wrong?....I cannot seem to get it.

You definitely can, I've just tried it a few hours ago on a not even optimal shaper shield.

If the shield is at least lvl 70, alt spam should work.

Perfect, that brings a lot of clarity. Thank you bud and GL!
"
Wallach wrote:
One thing I did want to mention that someone brought up in chat today - Circle of Anguish is surprisingly cheap compared to my original expectations. It seems that the Synthesis boss maps were made more common before the league actually launched (compared to how they were mentioned during Baeclast by the developers as equal rarity to Untainted Paradise, which is quite rare). As a result, it is way more reasonable to buy a pair of these with both Herald of Ash buff effect and reduced mana reservation; I've seen them as low as 15c (with weak rolls that would require a bit of Divine Orb to fix up) but many of them are going up in the 25-50c range, which is still much cheaper than I anticipated.

Definitely work towards getting a pair of these rings if you'll be playing Holy Flame Totem this league now that it's something you will be able to afford pretty early on relative to upgrades like a multimodded weapon.

Hooray! I'm helping!

Seriously though, this build is a lot of fun and those two Circles of Anguish added like 40% to my PoB dps. Thanks!
Hi, I looked at your char list and didn't find a HFT build listed. I'm really interested in what gear you used to level.
Hi, this build can use only 3 totems in full gear? In 3.8
"
PlayWay111 wrote:
Hi, this build can use only 3 totems in full gear? In 3.8

With full gear you can use 4 Totems:

1 from Holy Flame Totem gem
1 from Ancestral Bond in tree
1 from Ascendency
1 from Shaper Shield

For a total of 4 totems.
Ayy, thanks for the build, man! Got my first Elder kill ever, and it was surprisingly a cakewalk. I ran around in circles in a 5-link and a basically non-existent amulet, and then it was over. The biggest takeaway for my future leagues is that I should probably avoid builds with Vaal Pact, because even the über lab was very easy, and relatively fast. Not 0-24 lab runner fast, but once I settle on a proper headgear, I am willing to run it over and over again.

I have a question though. Well, many questions, but the most important is: should I 6-link a tier 2 spell crit armor, or roll until I get a tier 1? Honestly, I got pretty happy after I rolled it with 0.75 crit chance and 113 max life, but the regaling was pretty meh: +19 max ES and + 20 mana. I have a 3* Hillock waiting in Fortification to quality an armor and go for the six link, but I'm not sure if I should invest these resources ino this armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info