3.6 Bane/Soulrend OC (First build, looking for constructive feedback)

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at creating a build myself with Path of building and I'll likely expand on it as the league progresses, once I can test these skills and their potential interactions.

I am open to feedback or any-thoughts, this is mostly theory craft until the league starts and we can test these skills in game.

I put storm brand as a levelling skill though you could use any you prefer.

Pastebin.
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2019, 6:36:17 PM
After taking a quick look, I see a few immediate issues.

Firstly, I'm not sure life/es occultist hybrid is a good idea. Should probably just go CI and free up all the life nodes you take.

Secondly, fork won't work with soul rend since soul rend pierces. So unless you're using it simply for the very small damage increase, you should use a different support.

Thirdly, I think you're going a little overboard on the number of curses. Unless you plan on supporting someone else, I can't see having 5 curses as all that beneficial, especially if you have to wear doedre rings to do it. I would probably ditch Ylfeban's Trickery, use and just use 3 curses on Bane.

Lastly, you're missing auras. You're going to want to run Discipline and Malevolence. I assume since you took mana reservation nodes that you just forgot to put them in. Also, I'm not sure you need that much reduced mana reservation unless I'm missing something.
I'm going to do this as a league starter too.

With the release of the Bane gem it's write "Linked curses are also applied to those enemies"

So in the tree i guess that we don't need the nodes who can apply 1 additional curse because they apply themselves with the gem bane and the linked curses to it. With that we can easily do a 4 links bane + 3 curses and benefit from the huge 47% more damage per curse applied. Later we could put a 6l bane + 3 curses swift affliction and void manipulation gem or other.

In The Ascendancy we can manage to get Void Beacon/Withering Presence Instead of the Profane Bloom/Malediction to get more damage.

i'm still wondering if Withering Presence will be better than Profane Bloom, Withered is a good option but profane bloom with bane might be better.

For SoulRend we can use it on a bow like ED? i'm not sur about that but if it's possible, that means that we could do 2 6L Bane on chest and Soulrend on bow and that would be so damn cool.

Or i'm totally wrong.

"
iromisi wrote:
I'm going to do this as a league starter too.

With the release of the Bane gem it's write "Linked curses are also applied to those enemies"

So in the tree i guess that we don't need the nodes who can apply 1 additional curse because they apply themselves with the gem bane and the linked curses to it. With that we can easily do a 4 links bane + 3 curses and benefit from the huge 47% more damage per curse applied. Later we could put a 6l bane + 3 curses swift affliction and void manipulation gem or other.

In The Ascendancy we can manage to get Void Beacon/Withering Presence Instead of the Profane Bloom/Malediction to get more damage.

The skill reveal post specified that it applied curses up to your limit, so unless that's changed you'll need to get +curse from somewhere
I'm afraid I cannot use poebuilder for now, but here are some info(planned to do this a starter too) . Pure CI is a must and also the cheapest. You will need 2 curses in blasphemy(temporal chains and enfeeble) for self defense. Now that new thing, forgot what it is... You can have several setups for solo and party. Party - what they need, solo - all charge granting curses(power charges are not necessary though, but...) and chaos dot one if you want. That will be 4-6 curses, with budget in mind - rings then boots. If you think that amount is enough you can later get curses elsewhere to change those uniques (Amul corruption, body, even gloves). No? Just get all 9(4 blasphemy, 5 self cast), but that's will cost you many exalts.

Aura nodes are needed in masse... Discipline too.

Uniques to note - shaper's presence(-35% reservation), some helmet with dmg for each curse, heretic veil probably viable too, but no q blasphemy...

Actual main single dmg skill is not important if you take minion nodes(Templar area), also creeps will die due to chaos explosions, so easy farm. Let's stop at this.
Edit - no.
Aura for dot dmg is good, but... Actually you can configure curses to maximize your dps with Any skill you want. You can even go melee.
Last edited by leere on Mar 7, 2019, 4:39:38 AM
"
Lastly, you're missing auras. You're going to want to run Discipline and Malevolence. I assume since you took mana reservation nodes that you just forgot to put them in. Also, I'm not sure you need that much reduced mana reservation unless I'm missing something.

Yes they arn't available in PoB currently along with the new skill gems themselves, this was kinda a draft to see what feedback I would get to adjust from there so thank you for all your input :) I was making this build as something that could both solo clear or curse support. The rings can easily be dropped in favour of something for solo clear.

"
The skill reveal post specified that it applied curses up to your limit, so unless that's changed you'll need to get +curse from somewhere

Yes bane will not apply more curses than you're limit. And the 5 curses really depends on how well bane scales with each additionally I could see a situation where you have Bane + Efficacy + 4 CURSES.

"
Secondly, fork won't work with soul rend since soul rend pierces. So unless you're using it simply for the very small damage increase, you should use a different support.

I wasn't aware of the interaction with pierce so thank you, simply trying to get soulrend to apply it's DoT to as many targets as possible as the Hit damage is negligible.

"
For SoulRend we can use it on a bow like ED? i'm not sure about that but if it's possible, that means that we could do 2 6L Bane on chest and Soulrend on bow and that would be so damn cool.

Unfortunately I don't believe that will work but a 6l/chest for bane and 6L/+3 chaos staff would be nice for a more soulrend focus, flip it to focus on bane not sure which one will benefit more from the +3, only time will tell.

Thank you all for helping me with this I will make another draft when I'm back later after work. I will add a second item set one for curse support, one for solo though the items will mostly be placeholders as it is largely currency dependant and my knowledge of bis items is fairly minimal.
you should consider running soul rend on a pair of elder/shaper gloves with + proj gem + fast cat gem rolls and u can craft also +1 gem with the bench.
this would give you a pseudo 6 links for soul rent on gloves, allowing you to use shield/wand.
consider atziris reflection or even sentari for the free extra curses from it for shield and multimod crafted wand.
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 7, 2019, 6:38:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info