[3.6] Divine Ire Kamehameha Crit Boi - Life Based

Honestly all of these reasons are why im the only guy in the thread thats shying away from crit strike chance and crit multi. As for infused, well we wont know till we start using it.

[/quote]

Sounds not bad...

but... Wave of Conviction and pen from Inevitable Judgement won't work together. Inevitable Judgement ignores Resistances. so so Wave of Conviction would only work for non crit Hits, but you will be critting a lot.

Infused Channeling would only work for the Chanelling Spell, correct me if I am wrong. So you probably won't be getting the Fire Damage Reduction

Righteous Providance: You can use Ele Focus and don't shock at all you would crit more but deal less crit Damage and it's just 100% increased Damage which is additive and not multiplicative like a More Multiplier[/quote]
The description of Infused channeling says, can only support channeling skills.
I'm working on a Divine Ire build atm, and there are a few things to keep in mind when scaling via Inquisitor:

Inevitable Judgment means that you do not have to focus on penetration, you scale through critical strike multiplier. If you don't plan on going crit for this skill (Ele Overload) I would choose a different Ascendancy.

It also means that, ideally, you wouldn't focus on ailments if you wanted more critical strike chance, so Elemental Focus, etc,

Or you could go for ailments for the 45% multi and perhaps a bit better clear speed.

I typically go with no ailments, however, the new consecrated ground will buff critical strike chance even more against enemies standing in it (additive though)...so its really personal preference and you should see what your effective critical strike chance will be with all things considered. For me, ideally I would get as close to 100% crit chance as possible and stack crit multi (450 - 500%+).

Another thing to consider is that Divine Ire naturally converts 50% to lightning, so with a Phys to Lightning gem, its an easy way of getting 100% lightning without giving up a glove slot and still provides pretty good damage until you can covert in another way. So I will be going for Lightning conversion instead of Cold.

Cast speed should also be considered, as you will gain stacks even faster. So, we cap AoE at 10 stacks and damage at 20. If you use Infused Channeling, you want to at least hit 20 stacks in no less than .6 seconds (time it takes Infused to proc).

So, ideally we would want to hit 20 stacks as shortly after the 0.6 second mark as reasonably possible - we always get double stacks per cast on rares and uniques. Base cast time is .22 or 4.54 casts per second (4 or 8 stacks per second base). So around 10 casts per second is a nice place to be (1 second channel to hit 20 stacks on bosses).

It should be mentioned that while channeling this skill we deal 50% LESS damage, so CwC will be severely nerfed.

Hatred or Zealotry, as auras, may both be good (which one will be better we will have to test and see).

Any sources of Phys as Extra or Elemental Damage as Chaos will be excellent as well.

Added damage effectiveness for this skill, however, is very low (30%) so Wrath and any sources of flat added lightning damage (or Cold if you go that route) will offer minimal returns as you will only be getting 30% of their values.

Just some things to keep in mind while you theory-craft! Good luck boys!
Last edited by Troublesome08 on Mar 8, 2019, 2:17:48 AM
Agree with everything the above poster says, will point out that wave and the other holy skill have very high added dmg modifiers so even with the 50% less they should still pack a bit of a punch ( I hope )

I guess I am kinda the odd man out in that I wont be heading for inevitable judgement / crit route. I guess I will find out of non crit stacking inquis is viable, lol. I should be tanky enough ( again I hope ) to be able to plant myself and turret fire through most content.
"
Drakkonmax2 wrote:
Agree with everything the above poster says, will point out that wave and the other holy skill have very high added dmg modifiers so even with the 50% less they should still pack a bit of a punch ( I hope )

I guess I am kinda the odd man out in that I wont be heading for inevitable judgement / crit route. I guess I will find out of non crit stacking inquis is viable, lol. I should be tanky enough ( again I hope ) to be able to plant myself and turret fire through most content.

I should also point out that while not being a dps boost, sometimes having a faster then .6s is still useful if you need to move around alot due to incoming attacks, or if you plan on firing from the same location multiple times without moving.
"
Drakkonmax2 wrote:
"
Drakkonmax2 wrote:

I should also point out that while not being a dps boost, sometimes having a faster then .6s is still useful if you need to move around alot due to incoming attacks, or if you plan on firing from the same location multiple times without moving.

This is true, as you can always continue channeling for .6 to get the buff, which lasts 6 seconds.

And actually, because it lasts 6 seconds, the faster the better. However, that much cast speed could be a little tough to get depending on the setup. But yeah, I agree, the more cast speed the better! The more fully buffed beams you can quickly pop out the better the skill will feel and, ofc, the more dps you can realistically do.
Last edited by Troublesome08 on Mar 8, 2019, 4:03:36 AM
"
Troublesome08 wrote:
It also means that, ideally, you wouldn't focus on ailments if you wanted more critical strike chance, so Elemental Focus, etc,

Or you could go for ailments for the 45% multi and perhaps a bit better clear speed.

I typically go with no ailments, however, the new consecrated ground will buff critical strike chance even more against enemies standing in it (additive though)...so its really personal preference and you should see what your effective critical strike chance will be with all things considered. For me, ideally I would get as close to 100% crit chance as possible and stack crit multi (450 - 500%+).

I'm thinking going for ailments specially for bigger crit multi, but I was wondering how would it work against bosses, specially shaper/elder, aren't those hard to get ailments on, since they've a really high life pool?

"
Troublesome08 wrote:

Another thing to consider is that Divine Ire naturally converts 50% to lightning, so with a Phys to Lightning gem, its an easy way of getting 100% lightning without giving up a glove slot and still provides pretty good damage until you can covert in another way. So I will be going for Lightning conversion instead of Cold.

I'm thinking that going with Physical to Lightning Support as starter is the way as well, but later on switch, when we can get the 15% and the 10% convert node from tree, as well as a pair of rare gloves with the 25% Physical to Lightning sulfix (from fossil crafting).

Would be useful to use then 2 call of brotherhoods to convert our lightning to 80% cold?

"
Troublesome08 wrote:

It should be mentioned that while channeling this skill we deal 50% LESS damage, so CwC will be severely nerfed.

This has been confirmed by Rory to not be the case, the 50% less is only for the zaps around you while you are channeling. (Comment with Info)

"
Troublesome08 wrote:

Hatred or Zealotry, as auras, may both be good (which one will be better we will have to test and see).
Added damage effectiveness for this skill, however, is very low (30%) so Wrath and any sources of flat added lightning damage (or Cold if you go that route) will offer minimal returns as you will only be getting 30% of their values.

Yes I'm thinking Hatred and Zealotry as well for auras, using both sound very good!
Do you guys really think Zealotry is worth the 50% mana reservation?

Zealotry basically gives us 39% increased crit chance and 15% increased spell damage + 10% increased spell damage from Sanctuary.

Instead a Herald would be an easy way to apply a curse on hit or even to generate frenzy charges with ice bite.

Would appreciate your thoughts.
"
Buuhja wrote:
Do you guys really think Zealotry is worth the 50% mana reservation?

Same feeling. I dont think it worth 50% at all.
I'd better pop two heralds as elementalist + (hatred or wrath)
Conductivity is a bad curse choice for Inquisitor. You already ignore ele res on crits, so negative lightning res will be ignored. Just thought I'd point that out.

Build looks fun though, I'll likely be trying this in Synthesis. :)
Last edited by dizz on Mar 8, 2019, 2:45:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info